Digital Card Collecting

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

With all this time in quarantine, I've started collecting digital cards. Sweet sweet digital cardboard. Any other folks out here using the Topps apps or Upper Deck epack? I'm mostly on Topps star wars card trader, topps skate, and I'm collecting the overwatch league cards on epack.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Is this free?

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah. Most of them run off in app purchases. So there are free packs, but you can pay for packs with better odds.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I'm not into Topps or anything like that, but I play a crap ton of MTG: Arena these days.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@big_denim: I really wish this was on iOS. I would totally get into Magic again if I could play/collect from my phone.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@ginormous76: It's coming to mobile later this year. They haven't announced yet which devices that will include but at least it's a glimmer of hope for ya!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No, but somehow I ended up buying Yu-Gi-Oh! cards again when I noticed that Konami was selling box sets of decks for about $30 a piece.

siftypes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been big into gacha gaming, lately, which is basically the same general idea, with some level of nonsense gameplay around the periphery. Gotta get all those jpegs.

Digital card collecting has always kind of interested me, but I just can't make myself stay interested. At a certain point, I need something to do with my jpegs. With a gacha game, you can at least put your jpegs to work defending towers or grinding for currency or something.

I have always loved deck building, even if I don't really enjoy competitive card games. So if there is a digital card collectathon out there that also involves building decks (MtG, Yu-Gi-Oh, whatever), then that could be more interesting, and I'd love to read the pamphlet.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got way into Steam trading cards a couple months back. Gotta say seeing all the cards lined up in the collection is pretty fulfilling.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mkennedy: I kinda wished that I continued not knowing that I could complete a collection for less than $0.20 a card. I'm not going as crazy with them as I did with Yu-Gi-Oh! recently, but the $5 minimum was spent pretty quickly.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: Scary how easy it is to fall into a money sink with those cards. It happened many times to me.