dissidia and games

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By fugie7

what i been playing over the last past days was final fantasy dissidia for the psp, its actually pretty good so far. I have  only played it a little bit about 6 hours or maybe more but it still holds its rpg reputation but with a little matrix type style along with it. It did follow the same direction of soul caliber with the leveling system in fighting game but that really didn't bug me that much, kind of wish they did something a little more different.  I only had a chance to play with only three characters campaigns which are different from each other which was cool, the only way you get new items is to win a battle to gain money or find a treasure chest.  Then use this money in the store to get weapons, armor and accessories. but still haven't gotten far enough to summon things..which i think may be later on or something not sure. But yeah that's the only  game that iv been playing, i know its usually two or three games that try to play at the same time but its just don't have the time anymore.  I also too a advantage of my two days off this labor day weekend to head over to game stop and pick up  a use lost odyssey! still haven't touch it yet because at that time i head to a family party and got back yet. also i want to beat batman AA first before i start on a new game. Well that was my day..how was yours?

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fugie7

what i been playing over the last past days was final fantasy dissidia for the psp, its actually pretty good so far. I have  only played it a little bit about 6 hours or maybe more but it still holds its rpg reputation but with a little matrix type style along with it. It did follow the same direction of soul caliber with the leveling system in fighting game but that really didn't bug me that much, kind of wish they did something a little more different.  I only had a chance to play with only three characters campaigns which are different from each other which was cool, the only way you get new items is to win a battle to gain money or find a treasure chest.  Then use this money in the store to get weapons, armor and accessories. but still haven't gotten far enough to summon things..which i think may be later on or something not sure. But yeah that's the only  game that iv been playing, i know its usually two or three games that try to play at the same time but its just don't have the time anymore.  I also too a advantage of my two days off this labor day weekend to head over to game stop and pick up  a use lost odyssey! still haven't touch it yet because at that time i head to a family party and got back yet. also i want to beat batman AA first before i start on a new game. Well that was my day..how was yours?

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ahriman22

I fucking love Dissidia.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fugie7
@ahriman22: that's cool, how far are you in the game?  and whats your favorite character so far?
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ahriman22
@fugie7: I finished the story ode. Cloud is my favorite character by far, I've got him up to 37 now.
walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By walang_hiya

your going to like lost odyssey a lot. it's  really a deep rpg game. the only problem is that its 4 disc so its very long and time consuming.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fugie7
@ahriman22: wow lvl 37 already! you must be playing that game hardcore, how did you get that far up? iv been playing the campaigns can only reach like lvl 13.
 @walang_hiya:  yeah looking foward to playing it when i can buy myself some extra time. But first i want to beat batman AA and then move on to tales of vesperia.
Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Benjaminvdv

I got a maxed Cloud and Sephiroth. A friend of mine came over with the game and we played like 7 hours in about 10 hours time. ;)

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fugie7
@Benjaminvdv: that's cool, i only have a lvl 13 squall and  firion.  so do i keep playing on the campaign mode to get higher on my lvl?
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ahriman22
@fugie7: I played allot of Quick Battles. On the Japanese version I maxed out 11 characters.
Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@fugie7 said:
" @Benjaminvdv: that's cool, i only have a lvl 13 squall and  firion.  so do i keep playing on the campaign mode to get higher on my lvl? "
I personally played the campaign mode a lot, best of it is that you can get rosetta stones (rare chests and high destiny points on certain maps) which allows you to equip more accessories etc.
As for getting high level, well it took me about 15 hours to get to 60, then when my friend came and we started fighting each we saw huge amounts of exp, with x5 bonusses (check the chocobo screen in your customization menu) we would gain like 7 levels in 1 round, even with regular rounds I would atleast get 1 level besides the person who lost would also still gets lots of exp, so battling a friend would be ideal.
fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fugie7
@Benjaminvdv:@ahriman22: thanks for the advice i shall try both of them to see if they work. did any of you guys pick up disgaea 2:dark hero days? i know it just release today and wondering if its good or not.
Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played the first Disgaea on the PSP and it was brilliant, takes a long time to get into but it's a really fun game, I think it's my most played game on the PSP with well over 150 hours. (which is very rare for me as I usually don't play games longer then like 20-30 hours these days)

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fugie7
@Benjaminvdv: there's nothing really unusual with disgaea being long, heck! i still have to beat the one that i have for the playstation 2 platform. i think im somewhere in the middle of the game, cant really remember because its been a long time since i played that game. I just wanted to know if you or other people got the game and what they think about it so far.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By teh_destroyer
@walang_hiya said:
" your going to like lost odyssey a lot a really deep rpg game. the only problem is that its 4 disc so its very long and time consuming. "
I loved the little portion of the game that I played, awesome main character and a strong story.
walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By walang_hiya
@teh_destroyer: glad to see that you enjoy the game as much as i did, iv actually got to disc 2 today and i can say wow. so what disc are you in? i was thinking after i played lost odyssey i want to try star ocean the last hope and enchanted arms which i heard both are really good. but i still have a long way to go before thinking of another game.
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Metroid545

played the demo on my friends PSP but I don't own one :(

walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By walang_hiya
@Metroid545: played the demo of dissidia or disgaea 2 dark hours days? Also fugie if your not conformable or confident enough to make a move towards your business then stay at at your current job until you think your ready. By  the way what kind of online business you thinking of?
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy
@walang_hiya said:
" @teh_destroyer: glad to see that you enjoy the game as much as i did, iv actually got to disc 2 today and i can say wow. so what disc are you in? i was thinking after i played lost odyssey i want to try star ocean the last hope and enchanted arms which i heard both are really good. but i still have a long way to go before thinking of another game. "
Yeah, I've finished Lost Odyssey and I can tell you it's awesome. You still have some more characters to join your party, and the last one is the most badass. I won't ruin anything though. Also, wait until the 4th disc then the WHOLE WORLD will open up and you can go wherever and look for items you may have missed. It's my favorite RPG of this generation, besides Mass Effect.  

I have also beaten both Star Ocean and Tales of Vesperia, and they too are both amazing games. I like Star Ocean a little bit more just because of it's battle system (Bonus Board FTW) and the vastly different fighting styles of each character. Try them all if you get the chance. Haven't gotten around to Enchanted Arms yet though.
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Metroid545
@walang_hiya: dissidea, sorry looked at the title and read like your first sentence then replied, also just noticed I said and my friends PSP You will have to excuse me its 4:00 am over here
walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By walang_hiya
@xyzygy:  Man i cant wait till i hit disc 4 then, it sounds awesome because i know i miss a few things also and i want to go back. But till then i wont rush it because i want to take my time with it  and im only in dis 2 so i have a long way to go

Star ocean did looked interesting, the story and the fighting style seem cool. I played it today at my friends house and i like it, so friday ill get a use copy of the game at game stop. As for tales  of vesperia i heard that game is rare to find now at stores, so i might get it online.

@Metroid545: Its alright, i do the same thing when its late at night and when i have to do paper work for work . i usually drink monster or coffee but they don't last that long and i end up falling sleep on my desk.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By teh_destroyer
@walang_hiya said:
" @teh_destroyer: glad to see that you enjoy the game as much as i did, iv actually got to disc 2 today and i can say wow. so what disc are you in? i was thinking after i played lost odyssey i want to try star ocean the last hope and enchanted arms which i heard both are really good. but i still have a long way to go before thinking of another game. "
I also got to Disc 2, but something happend in there that I didn't lvl up one of my characters properly, so I couldn't continue without restarting the game. I put a little over 24 hours into the first disc.
walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By walang_hiya
@teh_destroyer: man that sucks that you have to start over again. so did you start over or just move on to another game?
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By teh_destroyer
@walang_hiya said:
" @teh_destroyer: man that sucks that you have to start over again. so did you start over or just move on to another game? "
Yes, Call of Duty 5 took over my daily gaming life, along with Left4Dead.
walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By walang_hiya
@teh_destroyer:  call of duty world at war, i remember  that game took me a week to beat it on veteran mode because i kept dieing with grenades. Then after i beat that i put that game on the selves and never touch it again.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By teh_destroyer
@walang_hiya said:
" @teh_destroyer:  call of duty world at war, i remember  that game took me a week to beat it on veteran mode because i kept dieing with grenades. Then after i beat that i put that game on the selves and never touch it again. "
I put 60 hours into the multiplayer itself, I have only prestiged once and need to do it 9 more times. By the way, if you want to game sometime, shoot me a pm with your gamertag in it. I am online almost every day, if work allows it.
walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By walang_hiya
@teh_destroyer: Thanks for the invited, but the thing is that i dont have my xbox live set up in my apartment yet. I did have plans to get the wireless adapter but iv been putting it off since i still need to get other important thing instead.  Just add me to your friend list and eventually ill get the wireless adapter and ill hit you up with my gametag.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Akeldama
@ahriman22 said:
" I fucking love Dissidia. "
even this early in the year, my grades have been suffering due to constant dissidia.
walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By walang_hiya
@Akeldama: that obsessed with the game that your already failing the school, its going to be a long school year for you if they keeps up.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Akeldama
@walang_hiya said:
" @Akeldama: that obsessed with the game that your already failing the school, its going to be a long school year for you if they keeps up. "
but i loooooves my Dissidia