Do you watch DVD special features?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArchScabby

I basically never do.  Maybe I'll watch the trailer or something on a movie every once in a while, but I almost never watch behind the scenes or interviews or anything.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Not very often, though I did watch through all the extras from the Buffy and Angel dvd sets. Funny stuff.
Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Only some deleted scenes.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

Only if they are worth watching, like the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars DVDs.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By cap123

i always play through the deleted scenes, normally they're awful though :(

Valestis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Valestis

Depends on the movie and features. I'm not really interested in behind the scenes and stuff like that, but I do like deleted scenes and alternative endings.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By arkasai

I'll usually watch "making of-" extras but not much else.  Usually depends on the film, like for Donnie Darko, the deleted scenes from that movie were all pretty neat and clarified a few things.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Pazy

If its a film I like, most of the films I own, then I will watch the special features. I love to watch making of's, deleted scenes and similer things. I also rather like Audio Commentary, especially the Red Dwarf commentary (British Sci-Fi Comedy) which has the principal cast hanging out and telling production stories. 

JasonDaPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By JasonDaPsycho

Actually, I do watch everything on the DVD (other than watching with the commentary).
Otherwise, what's the point of buying / renting a DVD?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ryanwho

I always watch them for animated features. I find the whole creative pipeline there fascinating, and its funny to compare how Miyasaki runs his sweatshop (literally, their hours are insane) to a Pixar film.

TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By TomWhitbrook

I watch them a lot less often than I should, because I almost always enjoy them when I do. Same goes for "special edition" features in video games.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By zyn

I do.  I watch all the special features on DVD/BD.  Only thing I don't watch is the entire film with director/cast commentary.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Captain_Insano

only if I really like a film, will usually watch the making of stuff.

Though there are rare gems of audio commentaries, my favourite was watching 'This is Spinal Tap' with the audio commentary because it is done in character so it added a whole layer of jokes, reflections and insights (obviously all fictional) that was just as hilarious as the film itself.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By arkasai
@Captain_Insano said:
" only if I really like a film, will usually watch the making of stuff.

Though there are rare gems of audio commentaries, my favourite was watching 'This is Spinal Tap' with the audio commentary because it is done in character so it added a whole layer of jokes, reflections and insights (obviously all fictional) that was just as hilarious as the film itself. "
Holy shit yeah Spinal Tap with commentary turns the funny up to 11.  I wish Netflix streamed those kinds of features...though I can't really expect them to do all that just so I can have audio commentary.
Zuul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zuul

I only really watch the special features for movies that I really enjoy, or are made in a special way (like Pixar animation). I hate watching deleted scenes because they generally suck, which is generally why they were deleted from the movie. 

I do have to give up the best "special features" section to Lord of the Rings because it's fucking amazing.