Does anyone know a good Southpaw PS3 Controller Supplier?

Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Xander

I want to play games like inFamous and Uncharted 2, but without a modded controller for the Southpaw control style, I know I won't get the most out of these games.  I own a modded 360 controller, but now I want a PS3 one. 

So my question is simply,  does anyone know a good Southpaw PS3 Controller Supplier? 

Thanks!

Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Xander

No one?  I am desperate! 

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By deadly_polo

southpaw as in all the buttons switched around - google products it is my best idea

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By EVO
@kingchris28 said:
" southpaw as in all the buttons switched around - google products it is my best idea "
No, just the joysticks. 

I dunno why existing contollers would inhibit lefties in any way nor switching joystick functions would make any difference?
Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Xander

Found a source: 
http://www.alt-controls.com/contact/  

I sent an email to these guys and they sent me a quote. 

It's not so much about being a "lefty", I am right handed.  I am a lefty in the sense of video games only, as I learned to play FPS games on the N64 (solitaire 1.2 control scheme in GoldenEye and Perfect Dark). That is, moving forward and strafing with the right hand, and having the left hand for free-look.  I've tried switching to opposite, which is now the standard, but can't seem to wrap my head around it.  It really hampers my ability to play well and enjoy the games I play.  I played through the first half of Bioshock with the current standard and was getting really frustrated.  I purchased a Southpaw 360 controller and finished the game having a much better time with it. 

Now I want to play some great PS3 games, but they don't support the southpaw control option.

Sanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Sanny

i would sugest thrustmasters controllers, they are the only one that i know of that has hardware mapping, the dual trigger and run n drive are often the one manny sugest sofar im not shure how the run n drive works but the dual triggers has been pretty relyable, the only downside is some games wont work well (medal of honor went nuts) with these controllers for they lack rumble and sixaxis support.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products.aspx?CategoryID=5&PlatformID=12 can find them there.

TPoppaPuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TPoppaPuff
@EVO said:

@kingchris28 said:
"                      southpaw as in all the buttons switched around - google products it is my best idea                                        "
No, just the joysticks.   I dunno why existing contollers would inhibit lefties in any way nor switching joystick functions would make any difference?

Really? You don't see how it would make any difference? OK, let's experiment. Tell me how easy it is to hit a baseball or hit a golf ball left handed. Tell me how much it affects your ability. Or hell, even shooting a basketball. Try brushing your teeth or cutting your food with a knife with your non-dominant hand. These are extremely simple, trivial tasks yet are much harder to do so than what comes naturally to you. Now, sure with brushing your teeth and cutting your food it's not impossible or anything and you will eventually cut your food and brush your teeth enough to finish, but you don't realize how much focus it takes you to do so.  Now imagine being rated on your ability to do such things. No one's judging your performance on these simple, trivial tasks. In a video game like a shooter your motor skills are constantly being tested as well as your ability to problem solve (in an fps, we are talking about positioning/spatial awareness, timing/anticipating, etc.).  And n a video game, you ARE being rated by the mere fact that you MUST have a certain level of proficiency to progress, because unlike your food, the enemies fight back. Quite frankly, playing with unintuitive and unnatural controls in a shooter is one of the HARDEST things to maintain a certain level of quality in the entire universe. What's harder and takes that much precision and focus? Surgery and that's it. Yes, surgery's the hardest thing to do ambidexterously followed closely by swapping sticks at a competitive level with pitching, and throwing passes in football in there somewhere as well. 

So yeah, unless you're absolute garbage at a game or extremely ambidexterous (and could probably play with the controller upside down as well), having unintuitive controls is a big deal.  Go ahead and play a game with lefty controls for yourself and tell me how it works for ya. Or hell, play Counterstrike with your mouse on the left side and tell me how easy it is, and using a mouse in the opposite hand is infinitely easier than swapping sticks.