Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog?

Krendrayven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Krendrayven

I watched it the other night for the first time and the songs get pretty awesome near the end. Go Neil Patrick Harris.. and you'll find Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day on there as well. :P That's if you guys haven't already watched it. If not, watch it! Well, only if you're interested.

This is only the first part, if you have Netflix, the entire thing is on there. You could always stick with YouTube as well..

I'm aware of this being old news, I just felt like sharing it incase anyone hasn't seen it, and I did enjoy it quite a lot. That and apparently there's a second one in the makings...? Or already done? I'm not sure. If anyone could clear that up for me that would be awesome. :)

Krendrayven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Krendrayven

I watched it the other night for the first time and the songs get pretty awesome near the end. Go Neil Patrick Harris.. and you'll find Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day on there as well. :P That's if you guys haven't already watched it. If not, watch it! Well, only if you're interested.

This is only the first part, if you have Netflix, the entire thing is on there. You could always stick with YouTube as well..

I'm aware of this being old news, I just felt like sharing it incase anyone hasn't seen it, and I did enjoy it quite a lot. That and apparently there's a second one in the makings...? Or already done? I'm not sure. If anyone could clear that up for me that would be awesome. :)

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

I found it to be pretty lame tbh

Krendrayven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Krendrayven

@Enigma777: Well, I'm kind of use to that response. I'm sometimes into lame things, it happens.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By veektarius

I like it. It's pretty well-known in these circles.

Fait622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fait622

I was a big fan of that actually, enough to buy it. The disc comes with a musical commentary which is kind of kick ass

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I love Nathan Fillion.

PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PaulRevere

Watched it the other night with my roommates. We may or may not know all the lyrics and lines.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Akrid

The ending hit me right here, man. Pretty good show.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm not usually into this sort of thing but I did really enjoy Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I thought the ending was especially good.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Joss Whedon + NPH + Nathan Fillion = Awesome.

People who call this lame have no taste.

Simple.

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ProjektGill

The DVD is really worth getting because the commentary track is a whole separate musical. It's pretty amazing.

MrMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrMo

The movie has one real big problem, these people don't sing well at all. Everything about this is appealing to me but I just can't get past the god-awful singing.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Meowshi
Don't mean to sound like a fanboy, but I've yet to run into something that Whedon has done that I haven't loved.  

@MrMo said:

The movie has one real big problem, these people don't sing well at all. Everything about this is appealing to me but I just can't get past the god-awful singing.

Neil Patrick Harris sang at the fucking Tony Awards man, are you kidding me?
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Undeadpool

I felt like the ending was a LITTLE unearned. I get that part of the appeal is how out of left field it is, but Whedon DOES have a bit of a habit of killing off a beloved character for shock value. That was kind of what this entire thing hinged on, but I still really enjoyed it and it still provoked one helluvan emotional response.

Krendrayven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Krendrayven

@MrMo said:

I was able to ignore the horrible singing.. although, I found their voices gave the movie its attitude and oomph.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By ch3burashka
@Enigma777 said:
I found it to be pretty lame tbh
That's because you're a Nazi Pikachu. 

The entire movie is solid throughout; concise and thorough. There's no unnecessary fat, everything's in its proper place, and the music, the center of attention, is excellent. Apparently Joss Dubya taught himself piano to write the music, so I'd say his foray into composing is as good as good gets. As for the "terrible singing" people  are referring to, what? I'll agree they're not professionals, but I'd not go as far as to say they're terrible. Their voices didn't crack or break-up on high notes, so I don't see where they erred. If anything, their amateur talents add credence to the production, itself an indie low-budget undertaking (comparatively).
Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Cwaff

I absolutely love Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog, can't convince any of my friends to watch it though :(

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NickL

@MrMo said:

Broadway disagrees with you.

At least for NPH.

Ravenhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Ravenhoe

I have no taste :-) (translate: This is lame)

thebexexpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thebexexpress

I have a tendency to go along with anything Whedon throws at me (eg: Dollhouse). I thought this was good fun though. Whedon musical episodes of stuff aren't for everyone, but I always loved Buffy's Once More With Feeling too, so this obviously worked for me.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Doctorchimp

The Bad Horse pay off is what takes Dr. Horrible from alright to pretty good.

Still not too crazy about Felicia Day...and I can't say I love everything Joss Whedon does.

NPH and Fillion are alright though.

MrMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrMo

@Meowshi: It's great that the tonys awarded him good for him for impressing and in my opinion he is the least offensive of the singers. Even still I just don't like his singing voice or that of anyone else in the movie.

Krendrayven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Krendrayven

@thebexexpress said:

I have a tendency to go along with anything Whedon throws at me (eg: Dollhouse). I thought this was good fun though. Whedon musical episodes of stuff aren't for everyone, but I always loved Buffy's Once More With Feeling too, so this obviously worked for me.

Ahh right! That's also why I was utterly in love with Firefly. That and.. Nathan Fillion. Without knowing too much on Joss Whedon, I still loved the man's brain.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Vonocourt

Never been a big fan of Joss Whedon, and I always thought the self-referential humor were the weakest bits in Firefly...so yeah, Dr. Horrible didn't click with me.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Meowshi

What's not to like about Felicia Day? She's a pretty, dorky redhead.   

Her name is dumb but besides that?