#1 Posted by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -
"Japanese movie producer T.O Entertainment announced that they are producing an anime movie of BIOWARE's RPG game Dragon Age. The movie has recently been announced by FUNimation. The main production studio is OXYBOT ("Vexille - 2077 Nihon Sakoku") and the director is Sori Fumihiko. They plan to release the DVD at the end of 2011 in North America and other countries. In Japan, it will be shown in theaters.

Source: 
T.O Entertainment (pdf file) "
Source:  http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=254126&show=0

Well, what you think? doomed to failure or a great success? 
#2 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

o god no.

#3 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

....it can't be as bad as the Final Fantasy anime...so I guess it'll be better than having a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in your ear.  

#4 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

It'll be a failure but I'll watch. I'm all about Dragon Age, the games, the books and apparently now the anime.

#5 Posted by DragonBloodthirsty (469 posts) -

You are freaking kidding me, right?  You are?

OMG, it looks like you're serious.  I may keep an ear open to see if it sucks or not.

#6 Edited by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

I heard about this awhile ago.  I'll check it out when it comes out, but I'm not expecting too much from it.  I'm sure a lot of folks here on GB will hate it just because it's anime.  My greater concern would be with the storyline since, for me at least, DA:O is all about your story.  Of course, even that notion seems to have been shelved with DA:O2.  If Bioware was going to make an anime, I kind of wished it had been a Mass Effect one.  At least that already has an established canon with its core characters. 

#7 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (2950 posts) -

As long as they make it like that Batmanime collection they had a while back it'll be awesome.

#8 Posted by armaan8014 (5254 posts) -

I'll watch it, and hope it won't suck, but I know it won't be what I want it to be.

#9 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

I hope it's good, I know it won't be.

@FLStyle: Are the novels worth getting?

#10 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -
@hematurge: They're a lot better than what this anime is going to be like. The Stolen Throne tells the tale of Prince Maric and a young Loghain fighting the Orlaisians and its sequel, The Calling, has ties to Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and a young Duncan. Good stuff.
#11 Posted by Vect (204 posts) -

I don't have particularly high hopes for it, but we'll see how it goes. If it even gets finished and not get stuck in development hell or something.

#12 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dammit anime ruining all things good in the universe.

#13 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -
@FLStyle:  Cool, I'll pick em up some time.
#14 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" ....it can't be as bad as the Final Fantasy anime...so I guess it'll be better than having a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in your ear.   "
The Legal Representation of Mr "Angry Videogame Nerd" shall be contacting you soon.
#15 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

Fuck. 

:(  

#16 Posted by Shirogane (3561 posts) -
@fentonalpha said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" ....it can't be as bad as the Final Fantasy anime...so I guess it'll be better than having a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in your ear.   "
The Legal Representation of Mr "Angry Videogame Nerd" shall be contacting you soon. "

No, i think most of them agree that that thing was horribly bad. 

And don't get me started on the Halo one... 

They should really learn that anime and video gamers don't mix too well. At least, not western ones.
#17 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Why the fuck?

#18 Posted by endaround (2129 posts) -

Why are people surprised?  And not that this has been known for a while, more along the lines that EA has been pushing out animated features with their games for a while now, Dead Space, and Dante's Inferno to be the two big examples. 

#19 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

Oh boy. = - |

#20 Posted by Gamer_152 (13975 posts) -

This isn't going to be good.

#21 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

This can't end well. 

At least we're not forced to watch it.

#22 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

Maybe it'll be good. I'm not holding my breath, but it might not suck. If it does, we can pretend it never existed like we do with most movie/anime adaptations of cool shit we like.

#23 Posted by Yummylee (20581 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
" o god no. "
#24 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

What will be next? Fallout: The anime?

#25 Posted by Aronman789 (2674 posts) -
#26 Posted by Drakhir (410 posts) -

Really old news. However, I'm eagerly waiting for this.

#27 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

meh, i don't care to much about that stuff.

#28 Posted by Diagnostic (101 posts) -

Anime is for jerks.
#29 Posted by RLLink (367 posts) -

Just saying this now:
Haters gonna hate.

That said I'm not watching this nor am I playing the game.