DTM racing question

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, this is bugging me. I've recently been watching a bit of DTM racing, and can't figure out what a particular bit of gear in the cockpit is used for.

See here. What is the vaguely wheel-shaped thing with the gauge in the middle directly to the right of the steering wheel? Some sort of suspension balance control maybe?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By 71Ranchero

I have no clue. I have never noticed that thing before today. I tried looking online for some info and didnt really get anything. I wonder what would be important enough to be adjustable inside the car but not important enough to be done from the wheel.

No Caption Provided

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 71Ranchero
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Do these cars even have adjustable front downforce? I was thinking that is a front ride height adjuster with a pressure gauge.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By diz

I think it is the brake bias adjustment - front to back. It says here that it is "continually variable" by the driver.

(edited to fix link copied twice)

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes it is the break balance. They can adjust the downforce but only in the pitlane.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By diz

This DTM season is off to a good start btw. Nice to see Paul Di Resta and Vitaly Petrov racing in it after loosing seats in F1 last year - and joining Timo Glock as old F1 hands. Timo did good last race coming 5th. It is also neat to see Mercedes struggling with their cars as a refreshing counterpoint to their run-away success in F1! (No points scored at all with no Merc finishing in the top 10 of this 3 make series)

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bmw quitting F1 and dominates Dtm meanwhile Merc gives all its love to F1 :)