Exaustion Continues Today

The_Shanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By The_Shanimal

So last night I was at work from 9 am to around 10:30 pm.  Well I am leaving to go to work AGAIN in less the 20 minutes (its about a quarter after 6 right now).  I am borderline exhausted.  I did the same thing on Saturday and on Friday last week, so I basically had no weekend.  If you don't know what I do for a living, please view my previous blog that I posted on my dinner break last night. 

I have no idea how long I am going to be at work tonight.  I just really really need a day off, but sadly that is not in the cards.  Valkyria Chronicles needs playing darn it.  :'(   

I feel like I am just ranting now, so I am going to stop.  Sleep Deprivation is not a good thing.

The_Shanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Shanimal

So last night I was at work from 9 am to around 10:30 pm.  Well I am leaving to go to work AGAIN in less the 20 minutes (its about a quarter after 6 right now).  I am borderline exhausted.  I did the same thing on Saturday and on Friday last week, so I basically had no weekend.  If you don't know what I do for a living, please view my previous blog that I posted on my dinner break last night. 

I have no idea how long I am going to be at work tonight.  I just really really need a day off, but sadly that is not in the cards.  Valkyria Chronicles needs playing darn it.  :'(   

I feel like I am just ranting now, so I am going to stop.  Sleep Deprivation is not a good thing.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

If I were you, I would start playing VC once the trophy pack comes out...you're wasting all these hours when you'll shoot yourself in the foot.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Emilio

That's a bummer, but work is work. :( 
Hang in there!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

That sucks.  How many hours do you work in a week?

Monkeygb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Monkeygb21
@The_Shanimal: Hang in there.  VC is worth it.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RetroIce4

Damn. I am so lazy and I dislike working... well I don't prefer manual labor.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

I sorta know how ya feel. a few years back at my old job I had to get up and be out of the house by 6:00 to 6:15 am and work until almost midnight, and it definitely isnt something anyone looks forward to.

I was always sorta interested in VC though and still have never actually tried it out, other than the demo which I kinda liked when that first came out on the PS store. Im gonna have to give it a go sometime, but theres too many games coming out in the near future right now that I need to try out within the next couple months.

The_Shanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Shanimal
@CitizenKane:
It varies.  Its between 30 and 60 hours a week at this point.
bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By bretthancock

I've worked 24 hour shifts multiple times, 90 hour weeks, you name it.  It sucks at the time but it provides a good story to tell and builds character.  Plus it makes the down time/gaming that much sweeter.

The_Shanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Shanimal
@bretthancock:
It just really sucks.  I'm too young to be overworked. :'(
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

Shortly after 9/11/01 I was working 80-90 hours a week or more and that went on for two years. There were times when my entire team wouldn't even leave the office for three or four days at a time since we always had food delivered and thankfully there were cots and showers on site as well.

It's good for you though, now a 40-50 hour work week sorta seems like I'm not even working. Good times.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By bretthancock
@The_Shanimal: I completely understand, I remember many nights where all I wanted was to be anywhere but at work.
bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By bonbolapti
@bretthancock said:
"I've worked 24 hour shifts multiple times, 90 hour weeks, you name it. "
It helps to get into that predicament when you never say no to work. hahaha good times.