Falcon Heene (Balloon Boy)

milpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By milpool

Here is the story:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1220926/Balloon-boy-father-denies-TV-fake-Falcon-Heene-attic.html 

Here is the crazy hoax being exposed:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkBE8jI9btM&feature=player_embedded# 

This family is nuts, the parents and specifically the dad needs to be charged at the very least, if not have their kids taken away from them. 

This family was on Wife Swap twice. You can watch the second episode here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HoqRIAwkps 

The dad is MENTALLY UNSTABLE.  He is freaking nuts, and obviously very controlling of his wife.  This guy should not be able to have kids, he is a crazy storm chaser and thinks he is an inventor.  Seriously he thinks that helium filled spaceship is "the future of travel".  Why aren't police doing something about this? He is obviously lying.  That Balloon was made of cardboard, thin fabric and filled with helium, theres no way it would get off the ground with a person inside it, and I'm sure the parents were well aware of that.  This guy needs to be in prison.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bruce

Certain people are a little wacko and do irrational things; what else is new?

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Damian

This is all very awkward and unsettling, Milpool. I'm gonna pretend I didn't see this, and go tenderize my skull until I don't have to pretend anymore.

Eisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eisen

The balloon didn't have enough helium in it to even lift 50 lbs.  I assume the boy is at least 50lb or more.  I would presume that someone how makes a balloon would understand how much helium is needed to lift a specific weight.  I'm quite certain this was planned for publicity and nothing more.

kojip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kojip

For starters, I THINK THEY ARE CRAZY ASSHOLES.  But, THE BALLOON CAN LIFT THE CHILD... do your research: 

4g of helium equals 28.5g of air in volume.  Do some math and you can generalize that 1 cubic foot of helium can lift 28.5 grams of weight depending on temperature and altitude.  

The ballon was 20ft in diameter and 5 feet high... 10ft squared * pi = ~314sqft... * 5 ft high and subtracting some for the not-quite-cylindrical shape = ~1500 cubic feet. 

Balloon can lift 1500 * 28.5g = 42.75 kilos.  For those of you that have no idea what a kilo is that's about 2.2 lbs.  The ballon can lift that's about 94 lbs.  Average weight of a 6 yr old boy is around 50 lbs and that kid looks pretty skinny.   

Screw the Heenes but also please don't post false ass information.
milpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By milpool

@kojip Ok thanks for the info. But if it had 50lbs inside it, probably would not be flying that high, also you should account for the displacement of helium with a body being in there, and to be fair no one knows how much helium was in there. 

Regardless, the video of the CNN interview should be enough evidence to suspect they are lying, but it would be fun to see someone scientifically debunk this.