Falling Skies discussion / Fallout style TV Show

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By sean2206

So earlier today I got around to watching the 2 hour season 2 premiere of Falling skies which I thought was great, loving this show. So a few questions. Firstly any of you duders fans of the show or is there any opinion which way or the other on the site.

Secondly my main reason for this thread I was watching the premiere and in the first episode there are a series of flashbacks detailing the protagonist travelling through a bombed out destroyed America saving a young girl, travelling together and trying to survive. It was only a few minutes but it got me thinking what about a Fallout TV show. Not necessarily a show in that universe or based on that license but a show set in a post apocalyptic world but with more of a focus on the lone traveler or a small group of travelers and who they encounter, the settlements and attempts to re-build they encounter. This as well as the kind of world in the Fallout franchise with people adapting and re-forming in new ways rather than trying to re-build the old world would make an interesting show. I understand there are some comparisons to be drawn between the walking dead and what I've described and I intend to get around to watching that soon. From what I've read the new show "Revolution" from JJ abrams and Eric Kripke might also be something close to this.

Anyway what are your guys' opinion on the falling skies or some sort of Fallout style TV series ?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

I used to watch Jericho .But then no one watched season 2. And they screwed us on an ending.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fisher81

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Yes, I would love this show.

No, I don't think it will ever be made in a nice and proper fashion, and it's the kind of thing that would probably either die after two seasons or fall to shit if it lasts much longer.

I do hope my jaded, cynical ass gets proven wrong someday soon, though.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By awesomeusername

I saw like the first 3 episodes of season 1 and forgot about it. That doesn't mean I don't like it, I thought it was awesome but I just forget sometimes. I tried watching it online but they need my Optimum password those bastards.I just got a new website to watch shows/movies online so I'll get into it by the end of the summer. We need more good post-apocalyptic t.v. shows.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshthebear

Yes. I've thoroughly enjoyed this show since the beginning and am digging season 2 so far.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By teh_destroyer

Should I watch Jericho? What is this Falling Skies? Never heard of it sorry :(. I could use some new tv to watch though. When is it on?

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Jay444111

@Dagbiker said:

I used to watch Jericho .But then no one watched season 2. And they screwed us on an ending.

Err... the third season turned into a comic book... in case you are wondering.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Dagbiker said:

Season 1 of that show was pretty great. Didn't like season 2 as much because it became less about survival and more about the "after apocalypse" which I'm not as much a fan of setting wise.