Fantasy Football (Soccer) 2016/2017 thread!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle

The 2016/2017 Giant Bomb Fantasy Football League is up for business in its 8th year!

Week 1 matches

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Make your team and join the private Giant Bomb league using the code

633512-179200

Saturday 13 August

• Hull V Leicester
  • Burnley V Swansea
  • Crystal Palace V West Brom
  • Everton V Spurs
  • Middlesbrough V Stoke
  • Southampton V Watford
  • Man City V Sunderland

Sunday 14 August

• Bournemouth V Man Utd
  • Arsenal V Liverpool

Monday 15 August

• Chelsea V West Ham
LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Alrighty. I'm in. Team is the "American Badgers." We'll see how my first try at Fantasy Real Football goes. I suspect the answer will be "badly." I'll have to remember all the weird little scoring rules that don't tend to exist in NFL leagues, like naming a captain, the special 1x multiplier cards, etc.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 once-a-year chips are introduced this year, check out the rulings on them:

Chips can be used to potentially enhance your team's performance during the season.

Only one chip can be played in a single Gameweek. The chips available are as follows:

NameEffect
All Out AttackAllows you to play a 2-5-3 formation in the next Gameweek.
Bench BoostThe points scored by your bench players in the next Gameweek are included in your total.
Triple CaptainYour captain points are tripled instead of doubled in the next Gameweek.
WildcardAll transfers (including those already made) in the Gameweek are free of charge.

The All Out Attack, Bench Boost and Triple Captain chips can each be used once a season and are played when saving your team on the my team page. They can be cancelled at anytime before the Gameweek deadline.

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before 28 Dec 14:00) and once in the second half of the season. The Wildcard chip is played when confirming transfers that cost points and can't be cancelled once played.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is your gamesweek 1 warning, the premier league opening day will begin in 10 hours, make sure you've got a team made by the deadline or you'll be playing catch-up!

mike28212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool! Thanks for organizing this. I haven't played fantasy premiere league in a few years but look forward to getting going again.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Bidulph Oatcakers will be bringing their brand of mediocrity to this league from this weekend. Liking a couple of the pun based names in the league. After a terrible week 1, fingers crossed for a much better week 2.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FLStyle

Oh! While @gatehouse has posted in the thread might I remind everyone that for reasons unknown to me Man Utd are playing against Aston Villa in 1 hour and 45 minutes which makes the gamesweek 2 cut off in 45 minutes instead of the usual Saturday cut off. I think it's a one off?

saispag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a one off for now but next season Friday premier league games will be commonplace due to the new TV rights deal. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but considering we get 4 days of football this weekend because of MNF then I guess thats a good thing!

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really do wish they'd just stick to Saturdays and Sundays, but that's mainly because I don't have Sky and rely on Match of the Day like a serf. That Giantbomb league is crazy popular, thanks @flstylle for making it. By the way, anyone fancy going deeper and darker with this and venturing into Soccer Manager?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The league begins a new! Unlimited transfers until day 1, which this year is Saturday the 13th of August.

emphulio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By emphulio

season starts tomorrow, is this league starting again this year?

razielrioux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

So I am trying to join the league, apparently the code above is invalid. What am I missing?