Avatar image for saturnvengeance
saturnvengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By saturnvengeance

I'm going back to watch the entire first season of Firefly all over again. I really loved that show back in the day, anyone else? It's one of the best sci-fi shows out ever. You can watch it for free on Hulu, here's the pilot for anyone interested in watching it:  
http://www.hulu.com/watch/4569/firefly-serenity

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By BaneFireLord

Probably my favorite show ever.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By melcene

Terminator Summer Glau please.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EvilTwin

I'll be in my bunk.

KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KingPossum

I've never seen it but I've heard many good things. It's in my Netflix Instant Queue so I'm going to check it out sooner or later.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By animateria

Watching the movie made me depressed... 

Why. [Old Ass Spoiler]! WHY! 

Good TV series and Movie though.

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Great show.  Picked up the whole series for $12 at Best Buy on Black Friday.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ShaneDev

I enjoyed it and the film but it wasn't as great as its sometimes held up to be, definitely a great sc-fi show though.

saturnvengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By saturnvengeance
@animateria said:
" Watching the movie made me depressed...  Why. [Old Ass Spoiler]! WHY!  Good TV series and Movie though. "
I am a leaf on the wind...
Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ComradeKritstov
@animateria said:
" Watching the movie made me depressed...  Why. [Old Ass Spoiler]! WHY!  Good TV series and Movie though. "
Worst death ever. If that is what you are referring to.
Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gargantuan

It's a pretty good and interesting show but it's overrated. All the planets look exactly the same.

RaceKickfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RaceKickfist

one of my absolute favorite franchises. canceling that show was a horrendous crime. 

related note- "the shepherd's tale" came out this month. Haven't gotten around to the store yet, but I'm stoked. 

edit- just realized there may be spoilers on that link. be careful.

Paulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Paulus
@saturnvengeance said:
" @animateria said:
I am a leaf on the wind... "
Watch how I soar... :(
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pinworm45
@Gargantuan said:
" It's a pretty good and interesting show but it's overrated. All the planets look exactly the same. "
what? 

Forgetting how completely wrong this is (how is a desert planet that's a barren wasteland even remotely close to a high-tech metropolis planet?), what a weird thing to accuse the show of being overrated for
Syphous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Syphous

I loved that show. I was late to the party and watched the movie, Serenity, first. So... that sucked. But after watching Serenity I was like "Shit, I should REALLY watch the show." and now that I have I am wholly upset that I missed out to begin with and that I have already seen everything there is to see Firefly related.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jadeskye

I don't have any firefly images in my folder
saturnvengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By saturnvengeance
@Paulus said:
" @saturnvengeance said:
" @animateria said:
Watch how I soar... :( "
Was anyone else completely shocked to see him go out like that?

Sadly I saw the movie in theaters before I even knew there was a show, so yeah, ruined it for me through the whole show :(
saturnvengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By saturnvengeance
@jadeskye said:
"
"
Yep, he's a gamer too.
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By audiosnag
@saturnvengeance said:
" @Paulus said:
" @saturnvengeance said:
" @animateria said:
Was anyone else completely shocked to see him go out like that?  Sadly I saw the movie in theaters before I even knew there was a show, so yeah, ruined it for me through the whole show :( "
Yes. That was some BS. As much as i like the guy Joss Whedons habit of doing that sorta thing is really irritating. 

I actually saw Serenity before i watched the series and really liked it. Bought the series on DVD, watched it and cursed out Fox for being such a short sighted bunch of pricks.
Paulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Paulus
@Pinworm45 said:
" @Gargantuan said:
" It's a pretty good and interesting show but it's overrated. All the planets look exactly the same. "
what?  Forgetting how completely wrong this is (how is a desert planet that's a barren wasteland even remotely close to a high-tech metropolis planet?), what a weird thing to accuse the show of being overrated for "
He's right though, all them planets do look the same, they're all so round and rocky totally unrealistic. 

@audiosnag said:
" @saturnvengeance said:
" @Paulus said:
" @saturnvengeance said:
" @animateria said:
Was anyone else completely shocked to see him go out like that?  Sadly I saw the movie in theaters before I even knew there was a show, so yeah, ruined it for me through the whole show :( "
Yes. That was some BS. As much as i like the guy Joss Whedons habit of doing that sorta thing is really irritating.   I actually saw Serenity before i watched the series and really liked it. Bought the series on DVD, watched it and cursed out Fox for being such a short sighted bunch of pricks. "
That was kinda the point, that it came out of nowhere and as much as I hate the fact that it happened, it makes for a better story and a more realistic one. 
I mean seriously how good do you think the odds are of no one dying in a small group of people taking on pretty much the entire universe...
GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By GeekDown

I still need to watch it. I keep hearing people praising it and I've had the first episode on my computer for ages but haven't gotten around to watching it.

Parabole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By Parabole

Since there's only 13 episoded, I've watched the series maybe 6 times.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I love the show, but I love Serenity even more.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By audiosnag
@Paulus said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" @Gargantuan said:
what?  Forgetting how completely wrong this is (how is a desert planet that's a barren wasteland even remotely close to a high-tech metropolis planet?), what a weird thing to accuse the show of being overrated for "
He's right though, all them planets do look the same, they're all so round and rocky totally unrealistic. 

@audiosnag said:
" @saturnvengeance said:
" @Paulus said:
" @saturnvengeance said:
" @animateria said:
Yes. That was some BS. As much as i like the guy Joss Whedons habit of doing that sorta thing is really irritating.   I actually saw Serenity before i watched the series and really liked it. Bought the series on DVD, watched it and cursed out Fox for being such a short sighted bunch of pricks. "
That was kinda the point, that it came out of nowhere and as much as I hate the fact that it happened, it makes for a better story and a more realistic one. I mean seriously how good do you think the odds are of no one dying in a small group of people taking on pretty much the entire universe... "
Oh i totally agree from a narrative standpoint it makes sense and it's pretty damn effective for stirring up someones emotions. I'm not trying to say he was wrong...but at the same time i am haha. I really liked that character and i'm pissed that he's gone. Not that it matters i guess i don't see that series going anywhere or the movie getting a sequel, as much as i'd like it. 
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@KingPossum said:
" I've never seen it but I've heard many good things. It's in my Netflix Instant Queue so I'm going to check it out sooner or later. "
null_subject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By null_subject

Firefly is a great show. I pretty much dislike everything sci-fi (Star Wars and Star Trek for example), but I loved Firefly.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BBQBram

Funny, I just started watching Firefly again too. I'm on the third episode right now. I was a few years late to the party when my brother kept urging me to watch it, so I did and I loved it. The deliberately campy cinematography, the actors, the writing and the whole space cowboy vibe in general were pretty phenomenal. Joss Whedon is pretty good at riding the line between self-aware camp and genuine character and emotion. He somehow makes it work. 

Fox however, can suck it. All the set-ups in place in the characters had the potential to become a beautiful 5+ seasons story arc. Instead Fox closed them down and it was all crammed into the movie in a desperate attempt at closure. The first half of the film is alright and feels like a continuation of the series, then the second half starts rushing all the plot points that still feel like they've just started rolling in the pace of the series. The result is a quite noticeable increase in scale of the plot, with everything going popcorn epic a little too fast. It robbed the characters of their potential. It was sad.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By danimal_furry
@saturnvengeance said:
" I'm going back to watch the entire first season of Firefly all over again. I really loved that show back in the day, anyone else? It's one of the best sci-fi shows out ever. You can watch it for free on Hulu, here's the pilot for anyone interested in watching it:  
http://www.hulu.com/watch/4569/firefly-serenity"

It's on instant on Netflix, along with Serenity. I started rewatching for a 4th time, because they are quick shows, and most of the TV stuff blows. I figure it never got a huge following beause Joss wanted the show to be a major network show. I think he is in denial of what his fanbase really equals in regular TV watching people. Plus you add "sci-fi western" (not to mention Sino-American alliances) to the description and only Star Wars geeks start flipping about the prospects. Maybe SciFi Network would have been a better fit. Oh well. It is a lost treasure for those who love westerns, space, humor, and a well developed plot.
danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By danimal_furry
@Gargantuan said:
"It's a pretty good and interesting show but it's overrated. All the planets look exactly the same. "

The explanation for them looking the same is that the "teraforming" was minimal, as they were given the least amount to be able to survive on new planets by the Alliance. Also, it is supposed to look like a Western (where everything landscape looks the same half the time) so the entire minimal supplies to build planets idea was made to fit the theme. 
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By Slaker117
@jadeskye said:
"
"
I fucking love this image.
danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By danimal_furry
@Slaker117 said:
" @jadeskye said:
"
"
I fucking love this image. "

I kind of felt like bring this forum bak to the front page just so the image would get more looks.
AlphaCentauri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AlphaCentauri
@BaneFireLord said:
" Probably my favorite show ever. "
Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Such a good show, I haven't watched it in forever. 
russcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By russcat
@Paulus said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" @Gargantuan said:

@audiosnag said:
" @saturnvengeance said:
" @Paulus said:
" @saturnvengeance said:
" @animateria said:
That was kinda the point, that it came out of nowhere and as much as I hate the fact that it happened, it makes for a better story and a more realistic one. I mean seriously how good do you think the odds are of no one dying in a small group of people taking on pretty much the entire universe... "
It was supposedly partly the actor's decision - his way of ruling himself out of future episodes on the off chance that the success of the film caused the series to be picked up again.
DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DougQuaid

After watching the entire series+Serenity on Netflix streaming a few months back, I was completely surprised by how much I liked it. Great show! but it's a damn shame it didn't make it past the first season.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

im not really into sci fi but ive watched the series 3 times...it's one of the best

fflyash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By fflyash

Just starting watching it for the first time and I'm really enjoying it. I saw Serenity a few years ago but fortunately I've forgotten almost everything that happened in it.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Daveyo520

It was a good show.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Andorski

Best thing about Nathan Fillion - he doesn't forget his roots: 

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Slaker117
@Andorski:  Dude, this stuff is great! I love Fillion so damn much now.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Andorski
@Slaker117 said:
" @Andorski:  Dude, this stuff is great! I love Fillion so damn much now. "
Yea, Firefly stuff is referenced a lot on his new show, Castle.  In his character's apartment you can sometimes see the catalyzer on the shelf.
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

That show is just so kickass. Watch it alot on Netflix all of the time when i actually do watch Netflix.....