Free virus software

piecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By piecat

Can anyone tell me the name of some good, free virus software? I know it exists, and I would just google it, but whatever i find on google might not be reliable. Thanks for any help.

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By thanatos990

Its call Mac OS X ithink

Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jigen

I use AVGFree.  It doesn't seem to use much system resources (which is good for PC gaming) but I'm sure the protection isn't too great.  There's also something called Linkscanner as a feature now you'll want to turn off.

Couple that with a good hosts file http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm, Spybot Search & Destroy, Firefox, good networking & wise net browsing you shouldn't have problems.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ltcoljaxson

If you run windows under a limited account, it is harder to get viruses because a lot of things are not allowed to be installed. So just use the admin account for installing and updating, and use the limited for actual use of the PC.

You should just look for virus software on sale. It will work better than any free stuff out there. I got Kaspersky Internet Security (v7) for $10 on sale and it works great without consuming too many resources. I highly recommend it. Much better than Norton.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Black_Raven

Just learn how to avoid viruses and don't bother about anti virus software, that's what I did.