Friday Night Lights

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By sjschmidt93

So we have to do this stupid thing for school where we all have to read books and take a test on them, a book is worth "X' points and we need "X" points a semester, I don't hate reading (atleast not much as my friends) but I don't love it either, and not to mention I'm running low on time to do this. Plus I'll only have to do this for this quarter considering most of my extra points from the quarter will roll over to next, thus me need a fraction of the point I need right now.

My plan is to get Friday Night Lights (the book) make sure my teacher sees me "reading" it for a few days and take a test on it... I'll just watch the movie.  

My question is how similar are the two? Cleary I haven't read the book and it's been awhile since I've seen the movie (obviously I'll watch it again) but to the people who have read and seen it.... how close are they? Could I get by with this? 

Thanks.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

Don't ! Everybody thinks they can do this in school and it never ends well. I did it with Les Miserables and not only did i fail the test i ruined reading an awesome novel. EVERY movie based on a book takes too many liberties with the source material, and just out right cut content to make it work as a movie.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By sjschmidt93
@crusader8463: Okay. Based on your comment you haven't read/watched Friday Night Lights so I won't take your comment into consideration.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By crusader8463
@SJSchmidt93:  lmao! ok you do that.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Clean

The book is pretty awesome, I'd give it a shot

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Termite

Reading some in-depth description of the book would probably do a lot more for you than watching the movie...

Like Crusader said, movies take a whole lot of liberties with their source material most of the time. I can't imagine you doing very well on any tests by just watching the movie.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green

i would suggest u find some notes on the internet to read on them. it will at least help u a little on that. a lot of times the movie miss important things from the book.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Suicrat

Can you blame a guy for wanting to hear that awesome soundtrack though? I never saw the movie or read the book, but fucking Explosions in the Sky do some music for that movie! That means (at least part) of that movie is really god-damn awesome!

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us

Yeh dude it's already been said, not a great idea. Reading isn't that terrible just give the book a shot. You might like it.

Chipset_Seven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chipset_Seven

Too bad you can't do it the old fashioned way. 

When you had to read REALliterature and do a book report, these were always invaluable.
The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By The_Patriarch

Major league bad idea. There is MANY differences between movie and book. Im afraid you'll have to read the book.