Gears of War Books

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Edited By briggs713

I recommend reading Karen Traviss' Gears of War books; Aspho Fields and Jacinto's Remnant.  They do a great job of filling in the story of Gears 1 and 2 if you're a fan.  I just finished the first book and am in the middle of the second.  Started reading after I saw the Gears 3 trailer.  

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By briggs713

I recommend reading Karen Traviss' Gears of War books; Aspho Fields and Jacinto's Remnant.  They do a great job of filling in the story of Gears 1 and 2 if you're a fan.  I just finished the first book and am in the middle of the second.  Started reading after I saw the Gears 3 trailer.  

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By RobotHamster

i love the books can't wait for anvil gate this summer!

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

On your suggestion I will look to pick them up. Video game books are generally not of literary quality, but they're good to read if you're looking to read for the sake of reading. The Resistance book was alright as well. Though nothing can beat the awesomeness of Perfect Dark: Initial Vector by Greg Rucka. "Joanna Dark was tired of killing..."

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Read them both. Would be sweet if someone released a Dramatized Audio book of both stories.

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By briggs713
@ZanzibarBreeze:  It was my first time reading a video game book.  Traviss does a good job of writing each of the characters and the universe.  She has been chosen to write for Gears of War 3 and was encouraged to write the books from the guys at Penny Arcade.  
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Th3_James

Illiteracy is a war that I fight every day

Elerigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Elerigo

I myself love videogame books, though i have only read the mass effect ones yet, wating for tje comic in trade; but i need to get thoes books

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By DeathByWaffle

I read Aspho Fields, thought it was pretty good. I own Jacinto's Remnant but have not started it yet.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Bones8677

Goes without saying that the Halo books are also really good. Especially, any of the Eric Nylund books, I highly recommend those ones.