Getting into Laptop-based Recording - Audio buffs please advise!

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lashe

So as a musician for the past 10 years or so, I've grown tired of booking studios to have to get my stuff recorded when I know fine well that technology has advanced enough that I can get some pretty good equipment in the house which will suffice for a nice one off payment -- unfortuntely, however, I do not know what equipment would be right  for me.

Operating the equipment is a breeze, I've been playing live and have been in and out studios for long enough to pick up on how to work the stuff, but it's the interface that I'm a little puzzled with. Right now I doubt I'll be doing much more than recording voice, guitars and piano so I know as far as inputs go I won't be needing a desk or whatever.

Has anyone had any experience with USB interfaces? I use a netbook as my primary form of computing (pretty powerful one, specs won't be an issue when recording) and I was considering the M-Audio MobilePre.

Has anyone had experiences with that device, or something similar? As well as this I plan to invest in a Large Diaphragm Condenser mic, as well as a couple of Dynamic mics for the recording. Hoping for a quick reply so I can order it all up on time for my birthday on the 11th!

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MeierTheRed

I use a M-Audio Fasttrack for my MacBook, has guitar and mic interfaces. You can get it in different versions.