Graphics tablet: Best Size/effeciency ratio?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By armaan8014

I'm really interested in drawing and stuff, and am looking to go professional in it in someway after my school is done.
Since I'm interested in graphic designing and drawing on the PC and all, I was thinking of getting a graphics tablet.

As it's just for practice right now, I was thinking of getting a smaller and cheaper one, but i don't really know what smallest size is appropriate..

I mean, I saw some 4X6" ones, and they look just too small to allow me to stuff my creativity in it..  I know I'd end up zooming in later on anyways, but I just want to know which size you people think is good enough.. 
Basically i want to know the largest size in the small range :)  (Did anyone get that?)

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Size isn't so important.  Resolution and pressure sensitivity of the touch surface are what's important.  What's also extremely important is how well the tablet you plan to purchase is supported in apps like Photoshop and Illustrator.  When people ask me I only recommend WACOM because they are the industry standard.  Have a look at the Intuos 4 range - they come in different sizes and I prefer the medium.

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By psyborg0815

I've been using a small Wacom Bamboo for the last few days and the size doesn't bother me at all. 

I suck though and you shouldn't listen to me :P
 I suck though and you shouldn't listen to me :P
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By armaan8014
@SeriouslyNow:@psyborg0815: 
alright I just checked their site, and saw that the Bamboo series is much cheaper for the same size.  But it looks like the intuos 4 range is especially for drawing.
If I do get one, it would be a bamboo one, because of the size/price thing.. what do u think?
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I use a Wacom Intuos3 9 x 12-Inch USB Tablet.  I think it's a little more size then I really need, but I found it more comfortable because of it feels more like a sketch pad.  I also like not feeling like I am confined by size.  However, once you learn how to utilize paint programs like Adobe or Coral, you'll find that traditional methods of drawing don't apply on the computer in the same way.  If you are interested, you'll be well satisfied by the smaller 4' x 6' pad since you'll definitely need to relearn how to manipulate images on a computer anyway.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By armaan8014

So would u people recommend  a Wacom Bamboo?

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i have a wacom bamboo and yeah its pretty good for starting out, size doesn't really matter as you wont usually be using the full area of the tablet. I got the A5 (more than big enough) though i have seen A6 and it looks kinda small

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By armaan8014
@masterpaperlink:  Alright thanks, ill check it out