#1  Edited By Seppli

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

Green tea for me. It's more mellow and mild. A soothing experience. Black tea is kinda vulgar. Often packing quite a hefty caffein punch. More so than most coffees.

Pondering getting into green tea in earnest. Taking an interest in it, what's good for what and how to properly prepare and drink it.

Currently common tea company 'swill-out-of-teabags' drinker. I should change that. Get into the culture. Everything is better if you take an interest in it.

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MoseSSesoM

Black Tea.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Coffee, I had to say it.

I don't like hot teas however I have southern blood in me, so I naturally love me some iced tea. Sweet tea, specifically. Normally I just like the plain black tea iced tea, but lately I find myself getting green tea once in a while.

Interestingly I just read that sweet tea was traditionally brewed with green tea, but then Japan had to go all up in our shit and start a war, so we cut off the supply and people switched to Indian black tea since.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By pyromagnestir

Black tea is what I usually have access too. And I'm not sure I could really tell the difference between the 2.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Both are great. Also, that's racist.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hunkulese

Black Tea because it's easier to get right. You just boil the fuck out of your water and then add the tea bag. No worrying about achieving the idea water temperature.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

Never been a tea guy. I like that lipton green iced tea, but that's my only experience with it.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hatking

Black. Same as my coffee.

If you have to load your drink up with milk, sugar, chocolate, or whatever else they put in coffee, you don't like coffee.

Avatar image for deathmachine117
Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Deathmachine117

Does black tea count if you put milk in it ?

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seesic

I enjoy green tea, but black tea is alright.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Seppli said:

Green tea for me. It's more mellow and mild. A soothing experience. Black tea is kinda vulgar. Often packing quite a hefty caffein punch. More so than most coffees.

Pondering getting into green tea in earnest. Taking an interest in it, what's good for what and how to properly prepare and drink it.

Currently common tea company 'swill-out-of-teabags' drinker. I should change that. Get into the culture. Everything is better if you take an interest in it.

Green Tea has a ton of caffeine too. Green Tea for me too. There are good black teas too, like Chinese Gun Powder tea. That's one of the most traditional types consumed by Chinese people in China. Green Teas are also very commonly consumed by the Chinese. The brand is usually irrelevant, just fresher the better and avoid tea bags altogether. Boutique teas are like boutique coffee; they generally taste worse or the same but cost more just because. Best place to find out about green tea is in a Chinese grocers.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By InternetCrab

I hate tea, to be honest. Dr.Pepper all the way.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ravenlight
D. Yes.
D. Yes.

My local asian market sells big ol' 2-liter containers of tea and I've been picking up a new variety every week. So far, the oolong tea has been my favorite.

On the flip side, the cafe a nearby bookstore sells frozen green tea smoothies which look like pistachio ice cream but taste five times better. And I'm a man who likes his pistachio ice cream.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Decaffeinated Green tea. It's just really good for you.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seppli

@SeriouslyNow:

I thought about Green Tea e-shops. Got one here in Switzerland which is specialized in various Japanese green teas and paraphernalia. Mostly drink tea at the end of a meal with a piece of cake. So some sweet matcha green tea might be the right thing for me. Gotta read up on all that stuff before putting down the money though. Pretty pricey, especially now after the Earthquake and Fukushima.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Seppli: Japanese green tea and Chinese green tea are very similar. Climate, flora and soil wise the countries share a lot of commonality so the variance will only be cultural. That's not to say it doesn't exist just that it will take a long time in training one's pallate to know the difference. It's also why Chinese green tea sells extremely well in Japan.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seppli

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli: Japanese green tea and Chinese green tea are very similar. Climate, flora and soil wise the countries share a lot of commonality so the variance will only be cultural. That's not to say it doesn't exist just that it will take a long time in training one's pallate to know the difference. It's also why Chinese green tea sells extremely well in Japan.

I'll check out the Chinese grocers in the big city and grab me a can of green tea from there. Should certainly be a step in the right direction away from the swill that comes in teabags (even though I like that well enough). The journey of digging into green tea should be well worth my while.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more of a herbal tea guy but if I had to choose between green and black, I'll take black tea.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a trick question because the answer is white tea. Tastes the best and is the healthiest.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Substance_D

Not sure if I've ever had black tea but I doubt I would like it more than green tea. Green tea tastes like an herbal potion given to you by a mythical creature from a Studio Ghibli film to heal your wounds. I wish every water fountain dispensed it.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i drink i alot of both. also coffee.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White teas are my favorite, but I brew pretty much all types of tea. Just depends on what I have and what kind of tea I'm feeling at the moment.

Also, loose leaf all the way; tea bags are for filthy casuals. ;)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'll drink both. I have been a tea drinker since I was seven, my mom didn't allow soda in the house, but we're Irish so all teh tea you could drink.

I like black tea for mornings or evenings. If I'm having chinese food, I love to have a pot of Jasmine Tea scalding hot.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black tea for morning-lunch.

Green tea for lunch-dinner.

White tea for late night drinking.

I love all teas!

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Black tea. It's a comfortable heartwarming drink.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what you're looking to get done.

Coffee for me though

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green tea. Taste great, good for your body, and doesn't stain your teeth.

(For reference: the green tea I am am referring to is the good, raw-leaf kind you find at supermarkets. Not anything canned or in a bottle.)

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iced black tea with copious amounts of sugar because I'm from the south.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought I had seen this thread before.

I'm definitely a black tea guy (drinking some right now, actually). Don't get me wrong, I could always go for a good green / oolong tea, but I prefer black tea's stronger flavor / caffeine content. That, and the existence of Yunan Black really seals the deal.