Sonnen is the man.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I didn't see the match, I heard he mostly won except he got submitted. He's the only one in the world who ever fought back against anderson silva and actually hurt him. That's what I heard.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

Someone explain how the match went down. I'm interested.

A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow
@JJWeatherman: what i heard is that sonnen rocked silva for four rounds then silva submitted him in the final round
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@JJWeatherman said:
" Someone explain how the match went down. I'm interested. "
Sonnen absolutely DOMINATED Silva for 4.5 rounds... then got caught in a leg triangle and tapped to an arm bar with 2 minutes left in the fight.  It was a crazy.
Mario2544

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mario2544

Sonnen anally raped Silva for 23 minutes, could've rode it out to a decision Fitch/Silva style but decided to be a man and do more damage, postured up and got subbed. 

Overall it just showed Silvas got terrible TDD and would get decisioned by middle teir 205 wrestlers and GSP/Fitch/Shields would wreck him

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Box3ru13

Yeah Silva still won, Silva knew he was in trouble and like a champ he subbed Sonnen, The fight was 5 rounds not 3 or 4. You gotta be in it the entire time and Sonnen didn't. 

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

I didn't see the match, I heard he mostly won except he got submitted. He's the only one in the world who ever fought back against anderson silva and actually hurt him. That's what I heard.

"
Really cause I heard Sonnan cock slapped silvia around for 5 rounds til Silvia turned all Hulk and went into zombie mode and just slapped on a submission cause he got his friends to bet on him to win in the 5th round. Well at least thats what I heard. I didn't see the match either. 
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@StaticFalconar: that's what I said, I was talking about sonnan. However I wasn't aware of a bet, is there proof?
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Someone explain how the match went down. I'm interested. "
Sonnen absolutely DOMINATED Silva for 4.5 rounds... then got caught in a leg triangle and tapped to an arm bar with 2 minutes left in the fight.  It was a crazy. "
Damn, wish I could have seen it. I don't have any real preference toward either of those guys though.
Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Shookems

I don't think the people in this thread watched the same fight that I did. What I saw was Sonnen laying on Silva for four rounds, barely able to keep up with Silva on his feet for more than twenty seconds or so. Silva simply kept Sonnen on top and allowed him to though pathetically weak and ill placed punches until he grew nice and tired.  

Sonnen could barely stand in the fifth round, while Silva was as spry and limber as ever. Just as Silva was about to teach Sonnen what the standing game of a champion feels like, he slipped and fell (yes, slipped and fell, contrary to what Goldberg prematurely described as getting "rocked!"), allowing Sonnen to once again take the opportunity to lie on top and make weak hand gestures that strongly resembled masturbatory movements over Anderson's face.   

With two minutes left in the fight, Silva decided he had experienced quite enough of this, and punched Sonnen in the face. Mind you, Sonnen was still on top of Silva, much like he was for the majority of the fight, when he received this punch. After receiving countless meager blows from Sonnen for nearly five rounds, Silva was able to completely disorient his opponent with one punch. While he was on his back.  He then took this opportunity to set up a triangle that he combined with a arm bar to finally submit Sonnen.  

While he may have been laying on top of Silva for close to the entirety of the match, saying he "dominated" the entire time is a stretch, at best. Silva was barely phased by a near constant battery of punches for four and a half rounds. Sonnen, on the other hand, was left bruised and bloodied by the end of the fight.  

I could see some validity to the theory that Silva had placed bets on winning in the fifth round. However I doubt that's actually what happened. What's more likely is that Silva just wanted to put on the best performance possible, and toyed with his opponent until the very end of the fight. And that's exactly what he did. You could tell he was ready to end the fight in the fifth round, on his own terms. Had he not slipped, I'm sure he would have done just that, as Sonnen was visibly winded and would not have survived another standing attack.  

Regardless, I'm glad Silva won. Sonnen ran his mouth for weeks before the event. I understand that it's important for fighters to hype up their fights, but a near constant stream of trash talk is never flattering. While he certainly faired better than the majority of Silva's previous contenders, he was definitely misguided in claiming that he was "the best."

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I finally saw the fight, from my perspective, sonnen was superior in striking, every single punch landed, he rarely missed. He was in control wrestling wise, he threw every single punch at any angle he could and wouldn't stop. Anderson silva countered with elbows and a few punches not much else.  

Later on anderson silva lost like four rounds the same way, at the very end, he used his left hand to control his opponent's arm. He punched sonnen in the face, yet he punched silva back yet made the mistake of letting his left hand get controlled since it was too fowards. It was easy for silva to get his left leg over sonnen's back, then he locked in a triangle. Sonnen tried to counter with a kick to the face, however he tapped then. Seriously this guy went the distance like no other fighter before. He was the better fighter, however the problem was wrestling was good, if he learned ju jitsu submissions instead, he would of won the fight. Ju jitsu submissions are superior to wrestling and the techniques do work. You can try to counter most of the moves, however it's going to get you eventually. Honestly silva's muay thai was worthless, nothing landed, only two sharp elbows and a few punches.