Headphones for everyday use

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By ErgoProxy77

I need some new headphones.  My Apple ear buds have gone to shit, yea those things last about a year before something fucks up.  I want some earbuds, but I don't want the in-ear ones, not my style.  Any suggestions?

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JaredA

Can't go wrong with these! Hahahahahaha... seriously though I don't know....

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chuggsy

I prefer Gumy. Not only do they come in awesome colors, they are comfy and durable. Not amazing sound quality, but definitely not bad. And they're cheap.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chuggsy
@bitcloud said:
" @Chuggsy said:
" I prefer Gumy. Not only do they come in awesome colors, they are comfy and durable. Not amazing sound quality, but definitely not bad. And they're cheap. "
Ultimate ears makes a cheaper model now called the Metrofi series. Audiophile brand, but really affordable price. "
Holy shit man, I looked it up on Amazon, and they're going for 40-60 bucks! That's hardly cheap. Not to mention they're in-ear.  

Plus they don't even come in purple or yellow! :O
Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

You want good, non in-ear buds? 

Good luck.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chuggsy

Ah, I didn't see that one.

Well, it just comes down to preference then. 

I like cheap headphones, cause I always end up falling asleep on them and tearing them apart over the course of a few weeks.  D:

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Fbomb

I have a set of Ultimate Ears buds if I want something that fits in my pocket, I have Noise cancelling Senheiser travel headphones for plane trips, 5.1 surround Acoustic Research wireless headphones for wearing around the house, and a set of Sony wrap-around headphones that I wear at the gym. Out of all of them, I kind of like the Sony $30 wrap-arounds, which is crazy given that the others are all technically far superior. I've had them for like 7 years now, but they fit nicely, have good sound, and I can wear them at the gym without them getting in the way or falling out of my ears. 

Here they are...

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inkeiren

I use these.

Great sound quality and noise cancellation, and you can find it for around 80/90 bucks, but maybe you aren't looking for that level of quality/price.

Edit: If you don't want to get noise cancelling headphones, you should probably go ahead and buy this: 
Koss PortaPro

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I bought these at SFO a couple of weeks ago and it works for me at a good affordable price.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Fbomb
@inkeiren said:
" I use these.

Great sound quality and noise cancellation, and you can find it for around 80/90 bucks, but maybe you aren't looking for that level of quality/price.

Edit: If you don't want to get noise cancelling headphones, you should probably go ahead and buy this: 
Koss PortaPro "
Ugliest things ever, but I've heard the sound quality can't be touched by headphones ten times the price.
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inkeiren
@Fbomb said:
" @inkeiren said:
" I use these.

Koss PortaPro "
Ugliest things ever, but I've heard the sound quality can't be touched by headphones ten times the price. "
Yeah, I've never really cared too much about how headphones look. But I guess if someone wants to get some really cheap great headphones, there's probably going to have to be some kind of sacrifice taken.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17  Edited By Symphony

I love my Sony MDR-V500s. I've had them for about 5 years now and they're still wonderful. Comfy, great sound, and they swivel, wheee! They used to go for around $100 but they've dropped over the years and you can find a pair for like $50 now. 

They are DJ style headphones so they are a bit bulky, but not as bulky as many other headphones out there.

Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kblt

PortaPros.

Or Senhheisers. You cannot go wrong with Sennheiser.

Or Skullcandy for maximum faggot status.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By nanikore
@Fbomb said:
" @inkeiren said:
" I use these.

Koss PortaPro "
Ugliest things ever, but I've heard the sound quality can't be touched by headphones ten times the price. "
The Koss PortaPro are probably one of the best pairs of headphones ever made. 
Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kblt
@nanikore said:
" @Fbomb said:
" @inkeiren said:
" I use these.

Koss PortaPro "
The Koss PortaPro are probably one of the best pairs of headphones ever made.  "
PortaPros are audiophile tier. Do you want to be an audiophile?
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By nanikore
@Kblt said:
" @nanikore said:
" @Fbomb said:
" @inkeiren said:
" I use these.

Koss PortaPro "
The Koss PortaPro are probably one of the best pairs of headphones ever made.  "
PortaPros are audiophile tier. Do you want to be an audiophile? "
No, I prefer being a pedoph... I mean, what's wrong with being an audiophile?
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PowerSerj

Sennheiser HD 202. Shit's like 30 bucks.

Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kblt
@nanikore said:
" @Kblt said:
" @nanikore said:
" @Fbomb said:
" @inkeiren said:
" I use these.

Koss PortaPro "
PortaPros are audiophile tier. Do you want to be an audiophile? "
No, I prefer being a pedoph... I mean, what's wrong with being an audiophile? "
Audiophile is the retarded cousin of a graphics whore and of a ricer.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ahriman22

Anything but Skullcandy, if you buy them you will have labeled yourself "Ultimate faggot #536024806834". You don't want to be called a faggot do you?

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By ErgoProxy77
@ahriman22 said:
" Anything but Skullcandy, if you buy them you will have labeled yourself "Ultimate faggot #536024806834". You don't want to be called a faggot do you? "
You speak the truth sir
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ahriman22
@ErgoProxy77 said:
" @ahriman22 said:
" Anything but Skullcandy, if you buy them you will have labeled yourself "Ultimate faggot #536024806834". You don't want to be called a faggot do you? "
You speak the truth sir "
Lol, yes. Go with Sennheisers, I suggest 202's. They're over ear headphones and my god, for the 50$ price tag, they're absolute beauties. If you want an "insurance" policy (They all come with 2 year warranties from manufacturer), you could go with the 215's. Those cost about 120$, over ear too and they have detachable cables.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HandsomeDead

I got some Bose ones from BestBuy for about $100 and they're fantastic.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ahriman22
@HandsomeDead: Bose for 100$? Damn. Did they have a sale on or something? I don't usually like Bose (read hate), but for 100$ they're great.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HandsomeDead
@ahriman22: No idea. Just saw them while I was in New York and remembered that I'd seen a similar pair for £150 so it seemed like a good deal.
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By stonyman65
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTX7-K1-Monitor-Headphones-black/dp/B001BEAI4W/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260304944&sr=8-13

I have the green pair. Awesome. Better than skullcandy (I bought these to replace the Hesh pair that broke on me)