#1 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

#2 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

I usually play games about 5-6 hours on work days, but about 8 hours or more on weekends.

#3 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@InternetCrab said:

I usually play games about 5-6 hours on work days, but about 8 hours or more on weekends.

5-6 hours a day?

#4 Posted by 49th (2691 posts) -

Usually about 2 hours with a multiplayer game, then sometimes 1 or 2 hours with other games.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

About 5-6 a day unless I get the chance to hang out with my friends which is a rare thing now days since they are both married. I hate TV so gaming and fucking around on the internet are usually my entertainment for the night after work.

#6 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

The times I play really jump around. Some times it can be 15 minutes and another it can be 8 hours. Then again I've never kept count so I really have no idea how long my play sessions are.

#7 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Depends on the game. Usually around 2-3 hours a day.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

Several days, actually.

#9 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -

Usually about 3 hours a day. During weekend maybe up to 5 hours.

#10 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4884 posts) -

I will go weeks where I play a game 8 hours a day every day, and I will go weeks where I don't play any game at all for any amount of time.

#11 Posted by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -

@BulletproofMonk said:

Depends on the game. Usually around 2-3 hours a day.

What he said.

#12 Edited by Coafi (1481 posts) -

It depends on how fast I get bored, sometimes you can lose track of time easily if you are playing a multiplayer game. So I would say around 5 hours.

Edit: I don't play daily, I barely play once a week. So, when I do play, I play lots of hours just because I haven't played in a long time.

#13 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

A couple of hours. I phase in and out when it comes to videogames.

#14 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

How many hours do you spend making polls a day?

#15 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

It depends on how much freetime I have, what game and how fast I get bored during that playtime. But I can probably squeese in at least 5hours of gaming every day.

#16 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

On average probably 3-4 hours.

#17 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

How in the hell are some of you playing for 6 hours a day? Have you never been outside? That's insane, man.

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

That's not how the "larger than" symbols work.

I spend around 5-6 hours playing games, on average, a day.

#19 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

I play something online for at least an hour or two a day. My total hours per day go way up when I have a good single player game going, which I don't right now. Beginning with Skyrim in the fall, then moving onto Arkham City, then L.A. Noire, and finishing with Mass Effect 3 recently, I've put enough time in over the past few months. I need to get some shit done for a little while.

#20 Posted by Elyk247 (366 posts) -

Get home from school, usually go running for 45 minutes, but then I play just about until the good t.v. starts. Then if I'm not too tired I play a little more.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

In the last 13 hours I've played 8 hours of Max Payne 3. I haven't played so consistently in a long while.

#22 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

In the last 13 hours I've played 8 hours of Max Payne 3. I haven't played so consistently in a long while.

About to start it myself. I'm assuming you are enjoying it then?

#23 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

I find an extreme lack of the option

"I have no job, and I am currently mooching off the family"

Lemme just leave the thread with this, I can't put a number on the amount I play daily.

#24 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@BigChickenDinner said:

I find an extreme lack of the option

"I have no job, and I am currently mooching off the family"

Lemme just leave the thread with this, I can't put a number on the amount I play daily.

I guess H would be for you then.

#25 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

@laserbolts It is neither demonstrable or quantifiable. It's all just a blur, ITS MADNESS!!!! ITS

#26 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@laserbolts said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

A 50 second video of my gameplay that I recorded earlier today: 
Clearing a 7-man room in less than a minute without using cover. God bless high sensitivity mice!
#27 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (530 posts) -

5 hours during weekends. Less during the weekdays. Used to be more but since I have a daughter now...

#28 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@laserbolts said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

A 50 second video of my gameplay that I recorded earlier today:
Clearing a 7-man room in less than a minute without using cover. God bless high sensitivity mice!

You used cover. Never stop shoot dodging.

#29 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Pie:  Well when the game forcibly puts you in cover at the beginning of a fight with 2 guys a couple of feet away from you, you cant really not use the cover you've been cornered into. 
#30 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Pie: Well when the game forcibly puts you in cover at the beginning of a fight with 2 guys a couple of feet away from you, you cant really not use the cover you've been cornered into.

Just shootdodge from the cover into the two guys

#31 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@InternetCrab said:

5-6 hours a day?

Yep, my working day ends at about 7PM and I play the rest of my time til about midnight. I start work at 8AM, so I see it as a balanced schedule.

#32 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

some days i spend all day on a game. somtimes i go a week without playing much.

#33 Posted by believer258 (11635 posts) -

My gaming hours vary wildly but the average is ~2 hours per day on weekdays and ~4 on weekend days.

Keep in mind that sometimes that number will be as little as 10 minutes or as big as 8 or more hours, but both of those are fairly rare and getting rarer.

#34 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -

It depends on the schedule and mood really. I can go on a two day straight (8 hours each) gaming if the game is gold. Otherwise I'll probably try my best to play at least an hour so that I can advance through the game. I also usually focus on one game at a time so the story won't be lost on me.

#35 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

8+

Unemployment makes it so.

#36 Posted by Gradev (43 posts) -

2-3 hours during weekdays, 8+ hours at the weekends

#37 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I rarely play games, like maybe two a year (normally a big RPG) like the first week Skyrim and Diablo III came out I played probably 8 hours a day when I didn't work. Normal weeks though it's maybe an hour a day.

#38 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Until im not having fun

#39 Posted by Karyyk (6 posts) -

I try to get a couple of hours in a day, more or less (usually less; more on weekends). I'm an old guy with babies now, so I don't have the abundance of spare time that I once did.

#40 Posted by wemibelec90 (1552 posts) -

I have way more free time on my hands then I deserve so sometimes I can get upwards of 8-10 hours a day in. Lately, I've been busy with other things and out of games that I want to play so it's gone way down. Currently waiting on Lollipop Chainsaw for something to play.

#41 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

I sometimes manage a couple hours / day. No kiddies yet, so I'm a bit scared of what will occur when that comes along.

If I am into something (like just getting a x360 and halo 3 for this month) bad things happen to my weekends.

#42 Posted by NuDimon (168 posts) -

Quite often less then 1 h. Then again I do have some 18 h+ sessions as well from time to time. :p

#43 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

about 2 hours a day. it also depends on how i feel and if i am enjoying the game.

#44 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

It really depends. Work, if I have a new game, if I'm tired. It just depends for me.

#45 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Just about two hours. I'm usually busy doing other things.

#46 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Until I remember to eat or do something important. I'm on hiatus right now, so it's been close to 1 - 2 hours a week.

#47 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

Probably about 3. Some days its way less (although even in sparse times, I play games at least 1 or 2 days a week) and some days it's way more.

#48 Posted by WINDWAKER1 (49 posts) -

On a weekday I'll play an hour max. Weekends maybe 3 a day, but I play at night so it's usually like 11-1 or 2 (I'm in college though so it's a lot more acceptable haha)

#49 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

Dunno, I'm really inconsistent. Even if I'm home doing nothing for a week, I might not play a game at all. And sometimes I'll play like 15h the same day, no matter what happens the day after.

For example, I think I got 3h of game time down today, none yesterday and like 12 or more Sunday. Mind, I've been home without responsibility these past days.