I am in dire need or some crazy swedish candy

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I keep finding myself yearning for hockey pulver, djunelvralkasdf, and other potentially erroneously salted candies from countries that aren't the USA. And now the time has come to ask for assistance from the amazing International Coalition of Duders(ICD) . If you live in a country where this nonsense is available, I will gladly pay for the items themselves, shipping and a bit more to make it worth your while. Or I can enact an international trading extravaganza if there's anything in my native country that I take for granted and that others would like. Let me know if you can help a duder out!

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm a Swede currently living in Switzerland, so I'm afraid I can't help you out. That said, I'd really recommend you try "Turkisk Peppar" if you haven't had the chance. It's right up there with Djungelvrål.. And now I'll be obsessing about this all week.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for the suggestion! I've always been intrigued by... non American candy and treats and I've finally hit my limit on wanting. Now I need them! So if there's anyone who can hook me up with some crazy stuff, let me know. I need it!

Oobir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not Swedish, but I ordered some candies from dutchsweets.com that I liked. There was a salted licorice shaped like herring, and the stroopwafels are good when warmed up a bit. There are no import prices to pay and a decent selection of salted snacks, so go wild!

PKB_Noitwont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oobir: Welp, I know what I'm ordering today.

Tirion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Tirion

@do_the_manta_ray said:

I'm a Swede currently living in Switzerland, so I'm afraid I can't help you out. That said, I'd really recommend you try "Turkisk Peppar" if you haven't had the chance. It's right up there with Djungelvrål.. And now I'll be obsessing about this all week.

...and drink it down with this (don't actually do that, unless you want to get stupid drunk too fast)!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@tirion: At least I've got my next holiday to sweden figured out. A nice evening, and a nice hospital visit.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zelyre

Do you have a Cost Plus World Market near you?

I generally find their selection to be "American safe" (And an excellent source of Tim Tams), but my girlfriend has brought back salted black chewy things from World Market before.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@crazybagman: I live in Norway, but we get the same crap here. I hate it, as I hate licorice in general. But if no one else steps up I can probably help. I won't be able to work fast on this with work being kinda crazy these days, but hell, send me a PM or something if you still need your disgusting fix!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I don't know about where you live but in the USA they have international supermarkets that carry all the crazy salted licorice you could ever want and more including Japanese Kit Kats.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@crazybagman what I can tell, Finland and Sweden have about the same stuff generally - I would guess that this extends to rest of northern European countries. There are places that sell that stuff online (like Oobir pointed out), but you can't get everything and prices are about 3-5 times of they cost in Finland.

I got this image from this blog. Pretty much every candy pictured here is a good choice (I am not sure if Black Domino is a candy - all Dominos [~Oreos] I have seen have been cookies. And Muumi-thing is bubblegum.)
I got this image from this blog. Pretty much every candy pictured here is a good choice (I am not sure if Black Domino is a candy - all Dominos [~Oreos] I have seen have been cookies. And Muumi-thing is bubblegum.)

Personal recommendations of what you definitely want to try: Turkish Pepper, Heksehyl/Noitapilli and Musta Pantteri (saltier version of the Pantteri).

Now ask yourself, what kind of candy has to be represented by an image of angry jungle predator? Also there are variations that have taste of tar added to them.
Now ask yourself, what kind of candy has to be represented by an image of angry jungle predator? Also there are variations that have taste of tar added to them.

Yeah, and if you get change try try the turkish pepper + vodka combo - you can get various salmiakki liquids to mix with your booze.