I joined gamebattles and I'm pissed.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Edited By HairyMike87

Here's the story. I recently joined that site and got approved to play in the Super Street Fighter IV singles ladder today. First thing I did was look to see if anyone was issuing an open challenge and there was. So I accepted it and found out it was the #1 ranking player on that ladder. 

The match starts, I'm nervous, I'm not pulling off combos (granted I haven't really played the game in like 4-5 days), and he didn't even pick his main but I was getting pressured very easily. He wins the first two rounds, first to 3 rounds, then I win the next two. At the start of round 5, he doesn't press any buttons and I beat him in the first game which was best of 3 games. So I'm sitting there and saying to myself, "Why did he quit? He could have beaten me". I shook it off and tried to relax for the next match.

Here is why I'm mad. I'm sitting there with my READY green to go and he doesn't press it. I decide to check my e-mail and he sent me a message saying that he needed to cancel the rest of the match because he had an emergency. Whether he really had an emergency or not, I lost out on getting a ton of EXP and moving up the ladder while breaking his win streak on top of it if I had won.

The guy was good. I'll give him that. Hopefully people will actually make challenges when they are absolutely sure nothing can interfere. It's down right annoying.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HairyMike87

Here's the story. I recently joined that site and got approved to play in the Super Street Fighter IV singles ladder today. First thing I did was look to see if anyone was issuing an open challenge and there was. So I accepted it and found out it was the #1 ranking player on that ladder. 

The match starts, I'm nervous, I'm not pulling off combos (granted I haven't really played the game in like 4-5 days), and he didn't even pick his main but I was getting pressured very easily. He wins the first two rounds, first to 3 rounds, then I win the next two. At the start of round 5, he doesn't press any buttons and I beat him in the first game which was best of 3 games. So I'm sitting there and saying to myself, "Why did he quit? He could have beaten me". I shook it off and tried to relax for the next match.

Here is why I'm mad. I'm sitting there with my READY green to go and he doesn't press it. I decide to check my e-mail and he sent me a message saying that he needed to cancel the rest of the match because he had an emergency. Whether he really had an emergency or not, I lost out on getting a ton of EXP and moving up the ladder while breaking his win streak on top of it if I had won.

The guy was good. I'll give him that. Hopefully people will actually make challenges when they are absolutely sure nothing can interfere. It's down right annoying.

MisterMcPorky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MisterMcPorky

dont know for sure but can you dispute it or whatever  and get the win?

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HairyMike87
@MisterMcPorky:  I should have but I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and hopefully I'll be more prepared and challenge him again.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

Make sure you record your matches. A lot of people on GameBattles are liars and cheaters.

MisterMcPorky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MisterMcPorky
@HairyMike87: Ya maybe send him a rematch if you can. (dont know how gb works exactly my friends handle that stuff.)
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Coombs
@HairyMike87:
No you're not pissed yet.
You'll be pissed when you do win a match and by the time you get back to your computer the other player has submitted a claim that he won,
Then you take a picture of the score and send it to the Gamebattles dispute guys, Your opponent sends nothing and they find him to be the winner since he submitted first.
Fuck GameBattles.
MisterMcPorky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MisterMcPorky
@SpikeSpiegel: Forgot about that ya we always take pics of  our wins and stuff
HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HairyMike87
@Coombs:  For real? Damn. You'd think that this site would actually have something that is legit for being mostly free and owned by MLG. I guess they really won't care until you start giving them money to enter tournaments or buying a t-shirt.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Coombs
@HairyMike87: 
Yeah, I had this a number of times when I was playing CoD4 competitively, It was what finally made me stop Clan gaming after about 7 years
HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HairyMike87
@Coombs:  That sucks. I have a capture device but I either need an HD one or a new camera to record the screen. I also would need a new computer cuz mine is ass.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Coombs
@HairyMike87: 
That helps sometimes,  But we always submitted score screens from each round and from each player on our team, With one copy of full match video.
Often the other team would submit nothing and still be declared the winner, The reviewers don't even look 1/2 the time I'm sure.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I've been using GB's for years, it happens, but overrall I find the fun of compatition far out wieghs the negatives.
darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By darro

I think that was an excuse not to break his streak and prevent you from getting XP but you never know.  I couldn't complete on a professional level anyway since I suck for the most part in most MP games and I only play for fun at the end of the day.  Some people though take the competitive scene a bit too seriously though and just get annoyed at stupid things easily. 

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HairyMike87
@xaLieNxGrEyx:  I agree. I mainly joined to improve my game. If that happens then it is worth it.
Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I played a gears 2 game through game battles, man WORST experience ever.

Oh and i think the opponents did something similar, they extended the amount of rounds because they were loosing, where in the previous game we played fewer rounds because they were winning.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HairyMike87
@masterpaperlink:  that's so dumb. people hate to lose but at least take the loss and learn from it.