#1 Edited by AcidBrandon18 (764 posts) -

I have a friend who thinks the Kinect is a good worthwhile device and that Windows 8 will be Microsoft's best OS. I need help disproving his beliefs. What should I say?

This is more of an argument between the two of us. I just need help coming up with counter points to his thoughts on the Kinect, PS3 etc.

#2 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

I suggest you borrow 5 billion dollars and start your own company. Who laughs then?

#3 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (764 posts) -

He thinks the PS3 is a piece of crap and that the Kinect is better than it. I think he is trolling me.....

#4 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

Sir, I believe you have an accurate handle on the situation.

#5 Posted by UnlivedPhalanx (475 posts) -

If you need validation via internet forums, you might have more problems than you think.

#6 Posted by SmilingPig (1340 posts) -

Na... c'mon... A guy like that can’t exists, are you making up friends?

If you actually believe that he exists than I would suggest some Antipsychotic medication.

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

I think you've got issues, man.

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

You've got bad friends.

#9 Posted by Sackmanjones (4742 posts) -

Your friends an idiot. Shall we burn him at the stake?

#10 Posted by Cramsy (1173 posts) -

If you need help explaining that Kinect is crap well then you don't know games very well

#11 Posted by TruthTellah (9323 posts) -

I feel like you're actually talking about yourself. You're just ashamed of your love for Kinect, and you want us to convince you out of it.

Just come out of the closet, man. It's okay to Kinect. You aren't the only one that is the controller. We are all the controller. *hug*

#12 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

You're right! The Kinect is a worthwhile device, Windows 8 will be Microsoft's best OS and the PS3 is a piece of crap!

#13 Posted by Tobiass (150 posts) -

let people like whatever they like. What inconvenience does it do you anyway?

#14 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

your friend's are stupid. thinking kinect is great. ha. sony's glowing dildos are better.

#15 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

your friends opinions are different then yours? HOW DARE HE!!!!!!!

#16 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@Tobiass said:

....... It's false. Why let liars continue to spread their lying ways?

OP.. Listen and listen well.

You're going to need three things.

A bath tub.

Sulfuric acid.

and an axe.

You can also bring a fork, but it depends if you're into the weird shit.

#17 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (764 posts) -

@Cramsy: He keeps on talking about "It has potential" and "It's the future of gaming." I have already brought up all the shitty games that exist for it. I think he is in denial.

#18 Posted by Grillbar (1872 posts) -

well its his opinion why cant he have it. why should he think the way you do. he might be a little misguided but your kinda a bad friend if he HAS to change his mind just cuz you dont agree with you.

but to answer your question

i have not tried windows 8 and hate most of the products apple have made so i cant really do a judgment call on that one.

and the kinect well let him play the games then he will see that yes it is a neat idea but there arent' really any games where it handles well, just steer him towards steel battalion, but then again there are also a lot of shit games for the move

but in the end you should not say anything just shut up... and its free

#19 Posted by GnomeonFire (769 posts) -

Windows 8 can't be good. It goes against the natural sequence of microsoft OS laws.

#20 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Let him squander his money, laugh at hisfailure later on.

#21 Edited by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

You're just ashamed of your love for Kinect, and you want us to convince you out of it.

Just come out of the closet, man.

Yes, come out of the closet and stand perfectly still right dead-center of the door frame, then wave your hands around in a really exaggerated way.

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Let him squander his money, laugh at hisfailure later on.

http://www.horsecock.hisfailure

#22 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Eh, it's easy to make fun of Kinect (really it is, I'm doing it right now; keep nodding at me and think I'm waving stupid camera!), but there have been a couple of decent Kinect games, as well as a few normal games which have used it in semi-interesting ways.

The Move is just a glowy wii-mote, and the only remotely interesting game I've seen for it still hasn't been released.

As for Windows 8...eh, I'll reserve judgement, but I admit it looks like a bit of unnecessary fluff so far

#23 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Tobiass said:

....... It's false. Why let liars continue to spread their lying ways?

OP.. Listen and listen well.

You're going to need three things.

A bath tub.

Sulfuric acid.

and an axe.

You can also bring a fork, but it depends if you're into the weird shit.

Noooo, not a bath tub. The sulfuric acid just burns through it. Haven't you seen Breaking Bad!?

#24 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

tell you friend to buy hulk hogans main event