I need help with a money order!

Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Simsfreak14

On the Money order it says " Payment for/Acct #" What is this for? There is already a section on the money order that says " Pay to the order of ..." Do I put my order Number pay by cash gave me? I need help!

Avatar image for ghost_of_perdition
Ghost_of_Perdition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You put the full name of the person or company that you're sending the money order to in the "pay to the order of" section.

If you're sending it to a company, who more than likely has your name under an account number, you would put said number in the "payment for/account #" section.  When I send out money orders, I usually don't fill this section out.  Nothing bad happens.  You don't have to, but sometimes they'll ask that you do. 

Don't forget to you put your name in the appropriate space, and keep the detachable portion, just in case.

Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Simsfreak14
Ghost_of_Perdition said:
"

You put the full name of the person or company that you're sending the money order to in the "pay to the order of" section.

If you're sending it to a company, who more than likely has your name under an account number, you would put said number in the "payment for/account #" section.  When I send out money orders, I usually don't fill this section out.  Nothing bad happens.  You don't have to, but sometimes they'll ask that you do. 

Don't forget to you put your name in the appropriate space, and keep the detachable portion, just in case.

"
Thanks man! Helped me figure this out! No one would respond to this thread!
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By lazyturtle

Ha! I was fully expecting to open this and the text be something like....

Mail me some cash and I'll mail you this money order that I can't cash for some crazy reason.....