Ice from an ice tray is just better...

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

5 years or so ago, my family got a fridge that makes its own ice....out of thin air or  something...I don't know....anyway, since then, I haven't used ice made the old fashion way-from tap water poured into an ice tray.  That was until today and may I just say that WOW I never noticed how much better it is.  I don't know why, but ice made this way is just...better....a lot better.  It just makes me sad that so many people are buying fridges that make ice and rob them of the kind that's actually good.  Luckly, my college dorm room has a small, old (and therefore awesome) fridge that helps me help myself to have the good kind of ice.  The right kind of ice.  The only kind of ice that should be had.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

Yeah, until you notice that little particles and random crap from the freezer is inside your ice cubes.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By breton

The home made touch.

Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Jigen

I've always found the opposite to be true.  Speaking purely on the quality of the ice itself, I've always found that ice cube tray ice has a funny taste to it, and even after 5 years (similar case to you) the freezer made ice still tastes very fresh to me.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

I don't use Ice anyway.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

I think both are about the same. I think it's more hassle with an ice cube tray because more 'stuff' can get in it as opposed to an ice maker.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Shocker
Jigen said:
"I've always found the opposite to be true.  Speaking purely on the quality of the ice itself, I've always found that ice cube tray ice has a funny taste to it, and even after 5 years (similar case to you) the freezer made ice still tastes very fresh to me."
Agreed, I don't really like the taste of ice from the tray. I'm not sure why though.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Shadow

you've all been brainwashed by the automatic ice maker gnomes.  The ice tray curcaders will purge the world of your kind in the revolution.

Thanatos465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Thanatos465

ur filter needs changed that why