Im getting rather annoyed at Gamefly lately. (Blog)

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By ravensword

Ive actualy been a rather big fan of Gamefly over the years. I dont have a job, so I cant afford to buy games that much, or atleast without seeing if they are good first. It has also given me the ability to play most anything I want, which expands my gaming. However, as of late theyve been kinda annoying me.  

First of all, if you want a new release, you have to plan 3 days ahead or more. Because you dont know how long itll take them to recieve the game after you mail it, you usualy have to give them a 2 or 3 day heads up before a new game comes out. I have to plan it out like im doing a bank heist. That means I also have to pick carefuly which day I decide to mail it. If I mail it on saturday for a game that comes out tuesday, I might not get the game that comes out tuesday because they do all theyre game shipping of a new game the day before on monday. Meaning I need to mail a game that I get on tuesday on the following friday if I want to get a new game coming out that tuesday. And if I dont get the game the day it comes out, I probaly cant get it at all for 2 weeks or more because theyre all checked out by launch. that gives me literaly 2 or 3 days to beat a game.  I have to plan it out like im doing a bank heist . 

Secondly, they are very inconsistent on when you get your game. They say they shipped my copy of Mass Effect 2 on PS3 on Monday, marting luther Kind day. It is now wednesday, and I have yet to recieve my Mass Effect 2. Im hoping I get it tomorrow, but its rediculous its taking this long. This is why i still would like theyre to be a place I go to and get the game right in front of me right there, rather then wait 2 or more days in hopes they actualy ship it to me. Gamefly needs to figure out their stock issues.   

i hope im not being unresonable here, but i would like their to be more stock of all games and to actualy get the new release on the day it comes out. But right now gamefly if the best option. Redbox has hardly any video games in their rental service right now.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ive actualy been a rather big fan of Gamefly over the years. I dont have a job, so I cant afford to buy games that much, or atleast without seeing if they are good first. It has also given me the ability to play most anything I want, which expands my gaming. However, as of late theyve been kinda annoying me.  

First of all, if you want a new release, you have to plan 3 days ahead or more. Because you dont know how long itll take them to recieve the game after you mail it, you usualy have to give them a 2 or 3 day heads up before a new game comes out. I have to plan it out like im doing a bank heist. That means I also have to pick carefuly which day I decide to mail it. If I mail it on saturday for a game that comes out tuesday, I might not get the game that comes out tuesday because they do all theyre game shipping of a new game the day before on monday. Meaning I need to mail a game that I get on tuesday on the following friday if I want to get a new game coming out that tuesday. And if I dont get the game the day it comes out, I probaly cant get it at all for 2 weeks or more because theyre all checked out by launch. that gives me literaly 2 or 3 days to beat a game.  I have to plan it out like im doing a bank heist . 

Secondly, they are very inconsistent on when you get your game. They say they shipped my copy of Mass Effect 2 on PS3 on Monday, marting luther Kind day. It is now wednesday, and I have yet to recieve my Mass Effect 2. Im hoping I get it tomorrow, but its rediculous its taking this long. This is why i still would like theyre to be a place I go to and get the game right in front of me right there, rather then wait 2 or more days in hopes they actualy ship it to me. Gamefly needs to figure out their stock issues.   

i hope im not being unresonable here, but i would like their to be more stock of all games and to actualy get the new release on the day it comes out. But right now gamefly if the best option. Redbox has hardly any video games in their rental service right now.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#2  Edited By citizenkane

I do share your anger about new releases.  You have to plan exactly when you are going to ship your game back so that the new release is shipped to you on Monday the day before it releases.  But I have had no problem with inconsistent delivery dates, but that might just be because I live only about 8 hours from Tampa, one of their shipping centers.

Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jotun

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't think I've ever gotten a new release from them, even if I've made an effort to make sure I sent back my game in time. Most of the time they will wait 4 or 5 days to send me my next game because nothing is available now. Hell, I've had 3 or 4 games with the high availability and they still didn't send me anything until I went through the back-catalog of older games that was available now. Come to think of it, I think I might just cancel the damn thing o_O

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

I've never even bothered to try and get a new release. Vanquish is proving hard to get to though.

oh well, way of the samurai 3 is coming so that'll be cool.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Why did you actually type "(Blog)" when GB automatically says (Blog Post) when it's a blog post? Seems redundant to me. 

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Gizmo

Dude, you think you have to wait long? I ordered Hot Pursuit off Amazon on the 3rd January and I still haven't got it! What's more, I think my neighbour has stolen it and hasn't told me!

Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Obsidian

Your times seem pretty good compared to mine before i eventually just stopped my subscription.  Gamefly is a cool idea but it's just getting further and further away from Netflix.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Animasta
@Gizmo said:
" Dude, you think you have to wait long? I ordered Hot Pursuit off Amazon on the 3rd January and I still haven't got it! What's more, I think my neighbour has stolen it and hasn't told me! "
that's when you report a shipping problem and make sure gamefly knows it
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By WickedCestus

I think you are over-reacting about having to wait two days to play a game. Two days is not that long. I've had to wait about a month and a half for my graphics card to ship from Amazon, but I'm not complaining. 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword

Ok, maybe the incosistent shipping thing wasnt totaly corret, but I still gate that I have to paln like 3 days ahead to get the thing i want.
George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By George_Hukas
@Raven_Sword I remember back when I used them you pretty much had to remove everything from your queue to get a new release otherwise I would get something older.
YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By YoThatLimp
@supermike6 said:
" I think you are over-reacting about having to wait two days to play a game. Two days is not that long. I've had to wait about a month and a half for my graphics card to ship from Amazon, but I'm not complaining.  "
Having to wait 4 days in Chicago sucks. 
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

#13  Edited By MikeinSC

That is why I use Blockbuster's Gamer Pass. They get most new releases and you have few problems getting them on launch day. I had to wait 2 weeks for Hot Pursuot...but it is the only new release I did not get on launch day or shortly thereafter.

Ariolander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Ariolander

I think I might switch to Blockbuster myself. I live in LA next to one of their distribution centers and even with the 2-Out Plan and being close I often spends days at a time with 0 games. 

Why pay for even a 2-Out monthly when 1/4th the time you have 0-Out? I would rather pay the same for Blockbuster's 1-Out Game Pass because at least that there isn't a downtime of 6-7 days a month with 0 games. 

The entire point of the 2-Out plan was so I had something to play at all times but even with 30 games in the Queue they can't even manage that.
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Something tells me if you only plan for three days on a bank heist, it's gonna go real bad for you. 
Gamefly's been pretty decent to me, but that's an advantage of living in Florida, they don't have that far to go considering the Tampa shipping center kind of corners the rest of the state. 
There was a time when they sent Vanquish to the wrong mailbox, and got it a month later (This month) while I had Dead Space 2 out, it was kind of cool actually.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By ch13696

Yeah, just today, I had Enslaved at the top of my list. It showed as Medium availability, which I assume should be fine. Instead they went and sent me Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands. The game is on my list too, but I thought they send you what's at the top. And what's with these High to Low availability's? Shouldn't it be they have it or they don't? 

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By yakov456

If a new release is that important to you then you shouldn't be trying to rent it. Too many variables involved. Most of the time with GF I was lucky to get the 2nd or 3rd down on my que.