Improving a Blog's Template/Look

TheMessiBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After a bit of a break, I've returned to blogging (it's a soccer blog) and I've quickly realized that the template and general look of the blog is very basic. Now I've got nothing wrong with basic, because initially I just wanted to focus on the writing, however now, with the 2014 World Cup approaching, my blog has been garnering more and more attention (affiliated with Adidas, and other [smaller] companies are contacting me about working together). Thus, I've realized that I need to improve the template of my blog big time, and thus, I have come to the GB Forum.

I'm definitely no master of HTML or CSS, but the templates offered by Blogger aren't enough to satisfy me. Do any of you have tips on where I could find other (free & easy to work with) templates? Any ideas on what else I could do?

Honestly, I'm very reluctant to hire someone to design a template because I'll be paying for something which I don't even truly know how or what I want it to be. In reality, I'd almost rather not change the template, but I know it's a necessity to go forward (There's a lot of things with the current template's header which look pretty bad, and I'd like to have proper space for advertisers as well). If any of you have ideas, tips, or experience with this sort of thing, any response/feedback would be very appreciated.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

don't you listen to the bombcast?

SquareSpace.com

or

WordPress.com

If you want free templates you can customize the shit out of those are your options.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By expensiveham

don't you listen to the bombcast?

SquareSpace.com

or

WordPress.com

If you want free templates you can customize the shit out of those are your options.

You can't really do much with the .com version of Wordpress unless you want to pay them a bunch of money. With the proper wordpress CMS (.org) your options are pretty much limitless if you know some basic web development. If you are serious OP you should just hire someone to do a custom wordpress site with a new theme for you.