Insomnia is my bitch

Agraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Agraba

Or at least that's how I want to see it!

Truth is I am a sucker for it, I always let it win and the irony of it all is that I am doing nothing of value in those hours that I have gained by being awake besides adding to the percentage of probably getting a heart attack by the age of 40. I think I hate sleeping, actually let me correct that by saying I hate the 5 steps I need to take to my bed but the actual process of sleeping is something I love...

You know what this have given me clarity, good night!

Agraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Agraba

Or at least that's how I want to see it!

Truth is I am a sucker for it, I always let it win and the irony of it all is that I am doing nothing of value in those hours that I have gained by being awake besides adding to the percentage of probably getting a heart attack by the age of 40. I think I hate sleeping, actually let me correct that by saying I hate the 5 steps I need to take to my bed but the actual process of sleeping is something I love...

You know what this have given me clarity, good night!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

Don't eat anything, or just a little, for hours and hours before bedtime. You'll sleep like a baby deer.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OfficeGamer

@Seppli said:

You'll sleep like a baby deer.

nice pun

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

Everyone always says that the secret to a good nights sleep is getting plenty of exercise and setting a pattern for yourself, going to bed at the same time each night.

Fuck that, that's what Ambien is for.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wampa1

@MB: Doesn't ambien end up making people do crazy shit? I seem to remember a Bombcast where a guy "sleep-gamed" for 3 hours.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mike

@Wampa1: Well, in a way it can. Ambien can cause retrograde amnesia. Which means it can cause the person to forget what happened in the hour or two before taking the medication.

Ambien is a great medication and has gotten me through some extremely difficult periods of insomnia. It's meant to be taken before bed...but I've taken it, gotten a call and then went to work and the next day I had very fuzzy or even nonexistent memories of what I did during that several hour period. I've gotten home from work late, taken an Ambien, and then woke up the next morning not remembering how I got at home or what I did when I got there. It's quite the strange phenomenon. It's happened to some degree every time I've taken it for sleep, but one of my friends who has used it several times has never reported the same experience.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

@MB: Yeah, but I don't like not remembering the previous night.

I don't know if I've got insomnia or not, but I do know that I often lay down at 10:00 or so and can't actually go to sleep until around 12 or later. It's infuriating.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mike

@believer258: That's definitely not insomnia, dude...that's kinda nothing actually. Thankfully I don't need Ambien anymore really, but in the past I've gone up to three nights in a row without sleepping at all, then the rest of the days in that week I'd get like two hours tops.

Trust me, after two or three days without sleep you would be begging your doctor for anything to help get you to sleep. A little amnesia is a small price to pay for a restful nights sleep when nothing else works.

Agraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Agraba

Ambien huh, that's a good tip but I hate the fact that I could use medicine to treat it. The first step would be realizing its a problem which I do not, and yeah I know this is not AA.

I guess I'll look into it if I start feeling like I really have to though thanks for the tip guys!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By musubi
@MB

@Wampa1: Well, in a way it can. Ambien can cause retrograde amnesia. Which means it can cause the person to forget what happened in the hour or two before taking the medication.

Ambien is a great medication and has gotten me through some extremely difficult periods of insomnia. It's meant to be taken before bed...but I've taken it, gotten a call and then went to work and the next day I had very fuzzy or even nonexistent memories of what I did during that several hour period. I've gotten home from work late, taken an Ambien, and then woke up the next morning not remembering how I got at home or what I did when I got there. It's quite the strange phenomenon. It's happened to some degree every time I've taken it for sleep, but one of my friends who has used it several times has never reported the same experience.

Yeah.....that sounds....awful. I get promptly freaked out when I can't remember what happened before I fells asleep.
isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#11  Edited By isomeri

I find that a swig of whiskey helps.