Interesting article

Brontes_Muse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Edited By Brontes_Muse

According to an article I recently read.  The iphone OS has garnered 20% of the mobile game market in sales.  Not in units of games but in dollars.  That's pretty crazy,  because most games are free-$5 on the iphone while games for the DS are usually around $30.  What was also interesting is how small the PSP has become.  

Brontes_Muse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Brontes_Muse

According to an article I recently read.  The iphone OS has garnered 20% of the mobile game market in sales.  Not in units of games but in dollars.  That's pretty crazy,  because most games are free-$5 on the iphone while games for the DS are usually around $30.  What was also interesting is how small the PSP has become.  

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool
@Brontes_Muse said:
" According to an article I recently read.  The iphone OS has garnered 20% of the mobile game market in sales.  Not in units of games but in dollars.  That's pretty crazy,  because most games are free-$5 on the iphone while games for the DS are usually around $30.  What was also interesting is how small the PSP has become.   "
No surprise about the PSP.  It has become as popular as the fat chick at the prom.  Sure you can get some action with it, but do you really want to. 

The iPhone/iTouch will continue to grow as people have them in their possession almost all of the time, but it doesn't make the games good.  I haven't been interested in downloading a single game to mine as I don't like playing without buttons.  I am oldschool after all :-)