Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JayseR

No Caption Provided
Hello, fellow GiantBomb users!
I think that now that the calendar turned over to 2009 was a great time to set a resolution to become more active with the online community, which started with the website of Chip Damage, GameTrailers, and now with GiantBomb.

The Community
For those of you who don't know, I play fighting games, among other games, mostly the Street Fighter franchise. Anyways, here in Winnipeg we have quite the fighting game community, which I was just introduced to about 2 years ago, called SSGA which was based out of the UofM(University of Manitoba). It wasn't long before I, along with a couple of my other close friends, befriended some of the staff member from SSGA. We would show up to their events and gatherings where they would teach us the way of Street Fighter. This is where we began to get more technical with our game.

A New Era, A New Website
Anyways, this was all back in early 2007, before I moved to Vancouver and back. But this last year, in June of 2008, I joined the staff of SSGA, basically to build and manage a new website. In early July, we revealed the new website as Chip Damage(www.chipdamage.com), where the Winnipeg community now resides for fighting games.

Since then, the website has undergone a facelift as well as received a slew of new content, including a video section and photo section which shows videos and photos from past events. I hate to advertise, but we are looking to expand our community. And with Street Fighter 4 just around the corner, we are looking to bring in some new and casual players to our events. It doesn't matter how oldschool you are, or even how new you are to fighting games, there is a place for everyone. I do this because, like me a couple years ago, I know there are still many players out there who would like to join the community but don't yet know of it.

Join the Community
So, I implore all of you, even if your not from Winnipeg, to check us out, register on the forums, and take part in Winnipeg's fighting games community. You're always welcomed up here, and we can provide housing during our major events.

Upcoming 2009 Events
Speaking of events, we have a few big ones throughout the year, including:
We are also looking to start-up ranbats (ranking battles) again, but with Street Fighter 4 if it really takes off. And then, there are the gatherings we have on the side which anyone can come out to where we just get together and play games.

Feel free to check us out at www.chipdamage.com, register on our forums and become an active member of the community. The more, the better!

Be sure to come by our Street Fighter 4 Launch Tournament on Saturday, February 21st in the Armes Science Lounge at the UofM.

Follow Us!
You can follow us on our website, through RSS, or on Twitter.
Twitter name: chipdamage
If you have any questions, you can also PM any of the admins on the forums, or email us. My e-mail is: jayser@chipdamage.com.
JayseR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JayseR

No Caption Provided
Hello, fellow GiantBomb users!
I think that now that the calendar turned over to 2009 was a great time to set a resolution to become more active with the online community, which started with the website of Chip Damage, GameTrailers, and now with GiantBomb.

The Community
For those of you who don't know, I play fighting games, among other games, mostly the Street Fighter franchise. Anyways, here in Winnipeg we have quite the fighting game community, which I was just introduced to about 2 years ago, called SSGA which was based out of the UofM(University of Manitoba). It wasn't long before I, along with a couple of my other close friends, befriended some of the staff member from SSGA. We would show up to their events and gatherings where they would teach us the way of Street Fighter. This is where we began to get more technical with our game.

A New Era, A New Website
Anyways, this was all back in early 2007, before I moved to Vancouver and back. But this last year, in June of 2008, I joined the staff of SSGA, basically to build and manage a new website. In early July, we revealed the new website as Chip Damage(www.chipdamage.com), where the Winnipeg community now resides for fighting games.

Since then, the website has undergone a facelift as well as received a slew of new content, including a video section and photo section which shows videos and photos from past events. I hate to advertise, but we are looking to expand our community. And with Street Fighter 4 just around the corner, we are looking to bring in some new and casual players to our events. It doesn't matter how oldschool you are, or even how new you are to fighting games, there is a place for everyone. I do this because, like me a couple years ago, I know there are still many players out there who would like to join the community but don't yet know of it.

Join the Community
So, I implore all of you, even if your not from Winnipeg, to check us out, register on the forums, and take part in Winnipeg's fighting games community. You're always welcomed up here, and we can provide housing during our major events.

Upcoming 2009 Events
Speaking of events, we have a few big ones throughout the year, including:
We are also looking to start-up ranbats (ranking battles) again, but with Street Fighter 4 if it really takes off. And then, there are the gatherings we have on the side which anyone can come out to where we just get together and play games.

Feel free to check us out at www.chipdamage.com, register on our forums and become an active member of the community. The more, the better!

Be sure to come by our Street Fighter 4 Launch Tournament on Saturday, February 21st in the Armes Science Lounge at the UofM.

Follow Us!
You can follow us on our website, through RSS, or on Twitter.
Twitter name: chipdamage
If you have any questions, you can also PM any of the admins on the forums, or email us. My e-mail is: jayser@chipdamage.com.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By kush

Just posting to unlock it from the forums.

JayseR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JayseR
Kush said:
"Just posting to unlock it from the forums.
"
Sounds G, thanks man.