Is it strange to own both a MBA and a MBP?

Silock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Silock

Hi, big apple product fan, I enjoy using my MBA and my Imac so much but lately I have been thinking about my MBP, mainly for gaming. My MBA is great for sort of on the move activities, and my IMAC is perfect for times when I have alot of time for myself, but where does an MBP fit in to the equation? I want one mainly because its alot more powerful and would be great for games, but I think its weird owning them all since I am not a high flying businessmen who needs a laptop for work. 

Price of the MBP isn't really the problem, I CAN afford it, its just if I needed it, I think theres a big difference between wanting something and needing something. I know my MBA is powerful but its not powerful enough to run high profile games such as WoW at high setting, or The Sims 3 on high detail which I like to do alot. 

So my question is what do you think I should do?     

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

I don't know what ether of those acronyms mean, but I will say yes it's weird just because I don't like apple products.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By OneManX

If you got the cash to spare for a Mac book... why use that for gaming when you can afford a  gaming laptop?

I know tested did some reviews of some Gaming laptops.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

Gaming laptops never sound fun,

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jking47

I personally think you should sell all the stuff in your house manufactured by apple and use the money to buy a quality system.

But if you must have them at least sell the MBA before you get another laptop, that doesn't make any sense to have both.
Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Metzo_Paino

I don't see the need for a Macbook Pro in your current set up, unless you're rocking an incredibly old iMac that should be perfectly fine for some Steam gaming, with the Macbook Air covering on the move and low impact games such as Minecraft and Peggle.

I've gamed on my 2008 Macbook Pro and while it is fine being able to run upper middle graphics levels, I've destroyed the battery and never really "gamed on the move" as if you want to run something on high detail like Wow or Sims you need it plugged in.
Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Surkov

As a 2011 MacBook Pro 13" owner, I'd say if your looking at a MBP for gaming, your looking in the wrong place. If you're looking at a Mac for games in general your looking in the wrong place. 

But I guess if all you play is WoW and the Sims 3 on a computer, then maybe a MBP would do. 

I find it insane that you would want to buy a $1200 + laptop to play WoW..
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous

>Mac

>Games

Pick one.
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Aegon

Oh, at first glance I thought you were talking about a Master of Business Administration degree.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

It's better to just get the MBP and iPad.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rattle618
@crusader8463 said:
" I don't know what ether of those acronyms mean, but I will say yes it's weird just because I don't like apple products. "
Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vexxan

Yes it is weird.

ashyzup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ashyzup
@H2Oyea said:
" Oh, at first glance I thought you were talking about a Master of Business Administration degree. "
That's what I thought too. And then I wondered what could MBP mean, I haven't heard of that degree before.  ^^
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By melcene

A Master of Business Administration and a Master Beekeeper Program?  Yes those are weird to have as a combo.  But I suppose they would make sense if you want to own your own bee farm.