Is the movie Alians awesome or not?

• 57 results
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Is the movie Alians awesome or not? (122 votes)

Fuckin aye it is ... what kind of silly question is dat? 87%
Aliens? Pshhht that a bad film if I ever saw one (aka Im a jerk and unworthy of the duders affection) 13%

God damn it son , just finished seeing Aliens right now and man I still get all warm and fuzzy when Ripley kicks alien queen ass. With such a great premise it still bafles me that videogame makers cant deliver a decent modern Aliens game (havent played the AVP ones so I dunno about their quality).

Even if they could simply follow the blueprint of the movies , they would make an better game then A:CM ... slow build up till you get a release of friggin action. But I think that one of the problems is that we never get a character (like Ripley) that we care for , much less character progression (which is why Aliens has a huge pay off , we see Ripley grow from a sacered woman to one hell of a kick ass gal). Build up is what is needed , not all games has to be non stop action like call of Duty (you hear me @jeff). This is why I love games like Half Life 2 .... you get a build up , altho I will admit what it lacks in comparisson to the Aliens movie is the character progression of Ripley .. I like Gordon but yeah , Gordon is still the same all the time by the end of the game.

• 
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

As I'm typing this 15% of the people that took part in this poll are crazy.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By audiosnow

@believer258: My main issues lie with James Cameron. There are distinct factual differences between the first two movies, and most of them could be easily explained away, but Mr. Cameron refused to do that in the film.

James Cameron is a terrible filmmaker but a genius investor. He knows exactly how far he has to take things to produce mountains of cash. Titanic is a ripoff of Romeo and Juliet; BUT THE MAN BUILT A FULL-SIZE COPY OF THE TITANIC. Avatar is FernGully in space; THE MAN MADE IT WITH $237,000,000 OF CGI. Aliens is to Alien what Modern Warfare 3 is to Amnesia; MOST OF THE VISUAL EFFECTS STILL LOOK GOOD TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS LATER.

His movies are the highest grossing because he doesn't skimp on style. It's a pity his style and my taste are diametrically opposed.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258: My main issues lie with James Cameron. There are distinct factual differences between the first two movies, and most of them could be easily explained away, but Mr. Cameron refused to do that in the film.

James Cameron is a terrible filmmaker but a genius investor. He knows exactly how far he has to take things to produce mountains of cash. Titanic is a ripoff of Romeo and Juliet; BUT THE MAN BUILT A FULL-SIZE COPY OF THE TITANIC. Avatar is FernGully in space; THE MAN MADE IT WITH $237,000,000 OF CGI. Aliens is to Alien what Modern Warfare 3 is to Amnesia; MOST OF THE VISUAL EFFECTS STILL LOOK GOOD TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS LATER.

His movies are the highest grossing because he doesn't skimp on style. It's a pity his style and my taste are diametrically opposed.

I don't entirely disagree but you don't build movies that are still being talked about thirty years later solely on style. James Cameron has definitely mastered how to make a really good blockbuster, but that doesn't change the fact that the acting, dialogue, pacing, and plots of most of his movies are generally pretty good. Discounting Avatar, of course; that movie was pretty but meh. I don't care much about it. Meanwhile, there are slight continuity errors in pretty much every piece of fiction that has more than one entry, and most of the things in your earlier list of issues are, indeed, "slight" continuity errors. We can easily accept the differences because the story in Aliens is generally considered "pretty damn good".

By the way, Titanic might take some inspiration from Romeo and Juliet but, with some research, you could probably come up with a large number of films that take some inspiration from Shakespearean plays. The Lion King, for instance, is loosely Hamlet with a happy ending. You could say that Loghain's actions in the early parts of Dragon Age Origins are based on Macbeth, though I still haven't beaten that fucking game so I don't know how he ends up yet.

MutieLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a damn fine action movie but let's be real Alien is a million times better.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Never go full retard.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4