It's a Kick Ass weekend... movie-wise.

Qaletaqa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Qaletaqa

For the last 3 or 4 weeks I had been thinking "this is the weekend that Kick Ass starts!" but alas, I was sadly ahead of myself.  It's a little odd too because I am usually right on point with movie releases.  I guess I am just really looking forward to this one.  Or maybe they pushed it back?  Anyhow, I loved Mystery Men and this looks like it will have a similar feel.   I have a suspicion that there might be a Mystery Men cameo of some sort.  That would be pretty neat.  Christopher Mintz-Plass is always good and it looks like this will be a good role for Nick Kage (dorky superhero dad?).  I don't know anything about the rest of the cast but it looks like they will be entertaining. 

What was your opinion of Kick Ass?  What was you favorite scene?  Any disappointments?  I will reply with my feelings on the film this evening after seeing it. 

Qualetaqa

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bruce
@Qaletaqa:  

I'm seeing it today. I just know I'm getting a bit tired of the term "Hit-Girl."
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Kick-Ass is the work of Satan and promotes tacky pre-teen violence!...or so I'm told.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By tunaburn

i wanted to see it until i saw the previews where a tiny 11 year old girl somehow beats up grown ass men. now i shall not watch it. i cant stand movies where a tiny fucking kid can someone beat up adults

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Cirdain

Kick-Ass was an brilliant film

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By CaptainObvious

Kick-ass. Directed by  Matthew Vaughn in 2010. 

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Whisperkill

Kick Ass is...

Qaletaqa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Qaletaqa
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @tunaburn said:
" i wanted to see it until i saw the previews where a tiny 11 year old girl somehow beats up grown ass men. now i shall not watch it. i cant stand movies where a tiny fucking kid can someone beat up adults "
You should see it anyway. "
Oh hell yeah.  It was an awesome movie!  Hit Girl was the best part of it in my opinion.  She kicked ass!  I'm sure some people are up in arms about some of her R-rated lines though.  I found them hilarious myself.  Kick Ass was a damn good film all around.  Clark Duke who was also in a another movie I just saw, Hot Tub Time Machine, was funny too.  I look forward to seeing him in more stuff.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tunaburn

again, why would i see it when the main fucking character is an 11 year old girl that can somehow physically beat up adults. thats way to annoying for me to enjoy.

Qaletaqa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Qaletaqa
@tunaburn: The main character is actually a teenage male that pretty much specialized in getting his ass kicked.  Hit Girl kicks plenty of ass in the film for sure mostly with guns and by throwing knives but yeah she did go toe to toe with a few adults as well.  I wouldn't go see a movie that I thought would annoy me either so more power to ya.  
jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jinxman
Kick ass was fucking amazing.  I've never been so empowered by a movie in my life.  When I got out of the theater, I had an overwhelming desire to put on a suit and fight crime, something no super hero movie has really done to me before.  The action was so visceral, the message was so awesome, that chick was so hot.  God damn this movie was good.  10/10
Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn

When I got out of the movie, I felt like high-fiving people. It was pretty awesome. 
It's much darker and ironic/satirical than Mystery Men, although both movies are great.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tunaburn
@Qaletaqa: thats exactly right. thanks for agreeing with my right to disagree. just having a 11 year old go toe to toe with a grown man makes me get so annoyed id have to go get more snacks to avoid those scenes. ill fight 5 11 year old girls all full trained to fight at one time and guarantee come out without a bruise.
anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By anarchyzombie9

I loved that movie. The Hit-Girl character was kinda awkward but other than that everyone else did a pretty good job (Nicholas Cage being in a good movie for the first time in God knows how long)

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#17  Edited By AgentJ
@tunaburn said:
" i wanted to see it until i saw the previews where a tiny 11 year old girl somehow beats up grown ass men. now i shall not watch it. i cant stand movies where a tiny fucking kid can someone beat up adults "
Yeah, you think it should always be the other way around am I right?
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pwnasaurus
@AgentJ said:
" @tunaburn said:
Yeah, you think it should always be the other way around am I right? "

i believe what hes is saying is its close to impossible for some one with the strength of a 11 year old could harm an adult their frame isnt big enough to generate enough power to hurt some one whos 180 pounds and up
Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" I was disappointed with the lack of boobs in Kick Ass. "
I am pretty sure that it had boobs, it was just illegal for you to see them.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tunaburn
@pwnasaurus:  exactly. im not into beating up little kids. but an 11 year old is not developed enough to even hurt you if you let them punch you in the face as hard as they could. i can suspend my disbelief on most things but for some reason thats something that drives me insane. and if you think about it, if an adult punched an 11 year old in the face theres a good chance you would kill them.
coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By coolarman
@Cirdain said:
"  Kick-Ass was an brilliant film "
Burninator12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Burninator12
@tunaburn:  I thought that Hit-Girl beating up adults would be annoying too, but its not bad at all with all the other ridiculous stuff going on during the rest of the movie. In my opinion, this is the best comic book movie I have seen. I haven't read the comic, but from watching the movie, i think i know the book frame by frame. I'm not forcing you to see it, but if you don't, you are definitely missing out. Also, this movie also made me want to be a superhero.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tunaburn
@Burninator12:  first person to give a good response to my worries. my girlfriend wants to watch it pretty bad so im going to end up seeing it. i just hope hitgirl doesnt ruin the damn movie for me.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anarchyzombie9: About 6 months. Bad Lieutenant was incredible.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tunaburn

so after hearing all of you tell me how great this movie was and my girlfriend wanting to go see it i finally did. and was let down. it wasnt a bad movie but it definitely was not an awesome movie. i found it to be just good. big daddy was barely in it. the effects were not very good. i.e. the fire in the big daddy scene. the jet pack was just retarded..... the bazooka  at the end was retarded.... lots of shit was retarded. hit girl was not as annoying as i feared. but the main character was more annoying than i expected.

Ihatespaces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ihatespaces
@tunaburn said:
" again, why would i see it when the main fucking character is an 11 year old girl that can somehow physically beat up adults. thats way to annoying for me to enjoy. "
God forbid that fictional movies aren't completely realistic.