Joe vs Daniels vs Styles 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't watched TNA in ages, but hearing that this match is announced makes me fucking wet.
Their previous match is one of my fave matches which really shows both the athleticism and the show aspect of wrestling ("Hey, we'll wait here for you to do your front somersault onto us")

Hopefully his one can live up to to even surpass that match
I dunno how many "wrasslin'" fans are on GB, but this match is truly worth seeing as it's more entertaining in my eyes than most stuff on TV nowadays.

Anybody as stoked as I am?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, let me get this out of the way "HURF DURF WRESTLING IS GAY/FAKE!"

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Atlas

Back when I was way into pro wrestling, that original Joe vs. Daniels vs. Styles was one of my absolute favourite matches. Such a balls-to-the-wall awesome match, without being a spot fest. It's probably one of the few matches that I could watch today and still really enjoy. A five-star classic, to be sure.

Also, this isn't actually JvDvS 2. It's actually the fourth match. They had another triple threat at Against All Odds 2006, which Joe won, and then they had an Ultimate X match at Destination X a month later, which Daniels won. But neither of those matches could touch the original. But anyway.

TNA has become such a pile of shit since those early days that I have absolutely no interest in watching Turning Point, but thanks for reminding me of one of my favourite matches. Wow, was that really four years ago? Madness.

Most guys who come on here with wrestling threads get their asses chewed off. People have a pretty low opinion about wrestling here, which I think is a little bit of a shame. I may not watch it anymore, but I still appreciate its existence, and have mad respect for many of the guys who bust their balls every week. I've also met all three of the guys who were in this match, and Daniels in particular was absolutely awesome, very approachable and chilled. Styles was maybe a little cold and uninterested when I met him, but maybe he'd had a bad day or something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Shows how forgettable a lot of TNA is and how those matches aren't as memorable.
I've tried giving TNA a chance ever other month or so, but the only good parts I've found has been Scott Steiner's promos (His angry gibberish is awesome.) and the Motor City Machine Guns (Who barely get TV time)

Evidently Nigel McGuinees is debuted this week. The guy did some fantastic work in ROH and will make me get a torrent of this ep to jump to it.

As for people's low opinion of wrestling, I can understand it to a certain extent. For every match like this, you have stuff that appeals to the lowest common denominator. For every promo CM Punk does about being Straight Edge you have DX telling you to suck it.
What I don't get is the amount of people who harp on it being "fake", I mean how is this any different then how John Mclane killing people is "fake".
It's entertainment either way. Oh well, they can stay with their narrowminded view which ranks right up there with how heavy metal promotes Satanism and how video games make people violent.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bruce
@TeflonBilly:  

TNA is interesting because they don't even TRY to be serious. Their stories, angles and promos are all so lame that they make WWE look like modern theatre by comparison. However, that's part of the charm.