Just finished Breaking Bad

Suedehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Suedehead

Just finished Breaking Bad and I'm looking for a new TV show to watch on DVD or Netflix. Any suggestions?

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ztiworoh

@Suedehead: Check out "Sherlock", it's on Netflix. It's the BBC's version of Sherlock Holmes set in modern London.

deinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deinos

Burn Notice, Damages, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, (just kinda throwing neflix shows out there off the top of my head) Anything specific you are looking for (genre, etc)?

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By dillonwerner

I just finished Breaking Bad also. I would strongly recommend Firefly, Arrested Development, Big Bang Theory, and Prison Break.

betusblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By betusblues

Friday Night Lights!

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By RafaelMei

Dexter, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones (which is unfortunately a single 10 episodies season) are my go to's, highly recommend any of these.

Oh, btw, BSG is on Netflix and Dexter you can get on DVD

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany

I just started Mad Men and I am loving it. I'd go for that or Damages next.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Vinny_Says

Bored to Death

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Doctorchimp

Have you seen the Wire?

Get HBO Go and start on those shows, Game of Thrones, Deadwood, Bored to Death too.

That's what I did.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dany

@Doctorchimp said:

Have you seen the Wire?

Get HBO Go and start on those shows, Game of Thrones, Deadwood, Bored to Death too.

That's what I did.

and Boardwalk Empire,

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ch3burashka

Just Shoot Me, Friends, Joey, Everybody Loves Raymond, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Dharma and Greg, Boy Meets World, Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, So Weird... the list of quality TV series is frankly infinite, my friend; you can't go wrong with these.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpartyOn

I think it might be Starz but Spartacus is good.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I would suggest buying the first two seasons of Community on DVD. And then remember to tune in to NBC when it's on, and tell all your friends to watch, because that show needs to stay on the air.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By subject2change

@CH3BURASHKA said:

Just Shoot Me, Friends, Joey, Everybody Loves Raymond, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Dharma and Greg, Boy Meets World, Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, So Weird... the list of quality TV series is frankly infinite, my friend; you can't go wrong with these.

That is an awful list of mostly generic sitcoms excluding Seinfeld and the latter being mostly tween shows from the 90s.

@PrivateIronTFU said:

I would suggest buying the first two seasons of Community on DVD. And then remember to tune in to NBC when it's on, and tell all your friends to watch, because that show needs to stay on the air.

It's not going off the air, it's on hiatus cause people have decided that they;d rather not dedicate their lives around TV and things like Hulu and DVRs exist for a reason.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Subject2Change: Going on hiatus is not a particularly good sign, especially considering it's one of the lowest rated shows on NBC. So I have no idea what your point is.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gamefreak9

Watch movies instead... its doubtful your going to run out... its only like half an hour longer... and its MUCH more quality in there, from every perspective... i never understood why people watch tv shows instead of movies...with the exception of comedies... since they don't really benefit from story structure and it tends to hold them back... as opposed to fam guy, futurama, south park, big bang, etc

SanjK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SanjK

Sons of Anarchy, Six Feet Under, Weeds, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm just to name a few. All awesome.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Spartacus Blood and Sand and Rome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm at about the end of season two, I think (Spoilers: Baby is on the way, Heisenbourg just set up a drug deal with the Pollo guy)... I'm starting to burn out on it. I always get tired of shows after two seasons... Should I stick with it? Or have I seen the real high points of the show already?

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ghostiet

Nobody mentioned Justified? Fucking disgrace, guys.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By benpack

If you want something with similar intensity to "Breaking Bad" I would suggest "Luther." It stars Idris Elba (Stringer Bell from The Wire) and it's really, really good.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Benny

@gamefreak9 said:

Watch movies instead... its doubtful your going to run out... its only like half an hour longer... and its MUCH more quality in there, from every perspective... i never understood why people watch tv shows instead of movies...with the exception of comedies... since they don't really benefit from story structure and it tends to hold them back... as opposed to fam guy, futurama, south park, big bang, etc

Yeah like why does anyone read books or watch anything longer than 90 minutes? Why flesh out a universe with interesting side-stories, intricate detail, subtle character back-stories and so-forth when you could just have the fast food popcorn flick version?...

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlightConfuse

The wire. Mad men

@Ghostiet i have olyphantis

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ghostiet
@slightconfuse said:
The wire. Mad men

@Ghostiet i have olyphantis
Say what?
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gamefreak9

@Benny said:

@gamefreak9 said:

Yeah like why does anyone read books or watch anything longer than 90 minutes? Why flesh out a universe with interesting side-stories, intricate detail, subtle character back-stories and so-forth when you could just have the fast food popcorn flick version?...

are you kidding? interesting side stories? Every series spends most of its time bsing a retarded viewer by adding uneccesarry and illogical plot links, like lost or prison break. Stories in series are always inferior to movies since the director wants to convey a point. The only exception of this is when its mini-series or anime, where the story is complete from the begining and so the show aims to just capture it, but even breaking bad... most of what your watching is uneccesarry repetive shit, but like once per episode something interesting happens. I mean its obvious its just fucking with the viewer, i mean the guy is getting nowhere and stupid shit is happening to him only because they want to extend the show.

Why watch sidestories with the same elements over and over again with subpar actors, less well thought out characters, over-extended yet strangly random linked back stories. If you think your getting more value out of watching 30 hours of one story, than i do watching 10 movies, your retarded. Also linking it to books is the most absurd thing you can do...

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By subject2change

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Subject2Change: Going on hiatus is not a particularly good sign, especially considering it's one of the lowest rated shows on NBC. So I have no idea what your point is.

They have a viewer base, hence why such the out cry. A lot of people like myself included don't always sit glued to a TV when a show airs. However with a warning like this people will change their tune and spread the word. And on the offchance it was canned, another network would most likely pick it up. A cable network, maybe Netflix like they did with the new season of Arrested Development.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By subject2change

@gamefreak9 said:

You listed some of the most generic and some terrible comedies and "adult" cartoons on the planet; futurama not included. Most present day movies are horrible as well or just a horrible remake of some decent 70s, 80s or 90s film.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Subject2Change said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

They have a viewer base, hence why such the out cry. A lot of people like myself included don't always sit glued to a TV when a show airs. However with a warning like this people will change their tune and spread the word. And on the offchance it was canned, another network would most likely pick it up. A cable network, maybe Netflix like they did with the new season of Arrested Development.

Yes, which got picked up 5 years after Fox cancelled it. And there was a pretty big outcry five years ago, too. It didn't change anything, nobody tuned in, and it got cancelled. Bottom line, watching it when it's on seems to be only sure-fire way of keeping it on the air.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dany

@Subject2Change said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

The only only previous situation where a show jumped shipped in recent memory was Scrubs but that was produced by ABC Studios and and ABC grabbed it when talks were that the network NBC didn't want the show anymore.

Community gets poor ratings, had a strong fanbase but has been on for a few years with no sign of the Nelsen ratings improving. Nielsen ratings are still la HUGE factor for tv shows and its only recent that DVR are being accounted for views.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Ghostiet said:
Nobody mentioned Justified? Fucking disgrace, guys.
This is what I came to recommend, not enough people know how amazing it is.
ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ghost_cat

@gamefreak9 said:

@Benny said:

are you kidding? interesting side stories? Every series spends most of its time bsing a retarded viewer by adding uneccesarry and illogical plot links, like lost or prison break. Stories in series are always inferior to movies since the director wants to convey a point. The only exception of this is when its mini-series or anime, where the story is complete from the begining and so the show aims to just capture it, but even breaking bad... most of what your watching is uneccesarry repetive shit, but like once per episode something interesting happens. I mean its obvious its just fucking with the viewer, i mean the guy is getting nowhere and stupid shit is happening to him only because they want to extend the show.

Why watch sidestories with the same elements over and over again with subpar actors, less well thought out characters, over-extended yet strangly random linked back stories. If you think your getting more value out of watching 30 hours of one story, than i do watching 10 movies, your retarded. Also linking it to books is the most absurd thing you can do...

Get your head check dude, Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever made, and towers over many other "great" thrillers in layers. There is no repetition, and the pacing is tight. While I agree that many television shows are terrible, there are some that are great, if not entertaining. They television show also have the room/time to expand on the story's universe and characters, unlike a 1.5 hour film. On a side note: Breaking Bad should have ended on the fourth-season finale, and not extend for another season.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gamefreak9

@Subject2Change said:

@gamefreak9 said:

You listed some of the most generic and some terrible comedies and "adult" cartoons on the planet; futurama not included. Most present day movies are horrible as well or just a horrible remake of some decent 70s, 80s or 90s film.

I'm just listing what i find funny, i guess i like everybody loves raymond... also i am not talking about shitty remakes when i talk about movies. I am talking about real pensive stuff aka Felini, Leone, Hanake, maybe Gondry...

@Ghost_Cat said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@Benny said:

Get your head check dude, Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever made, and towers over many other "great" thrillers in layers. There is no repetition, and the pacing is tight. While I agree that many television shows are terrible, there are some that are great, if not entertaining. They television show also have the room/time to expand on the story's universe and characters, unlike a 1.5 hour film. On a side note: Breaking Bad should have ended on the fourth-season finale, and not extend for another season.

Didn't you feel like he or his wife or people were doing stupid shit just for the sake of being a series? I mean I watched funny games the other week, and i thought... everything they did, is what I would have done too. Whilst watching breakin bad i feel like i'm watching some prideful moron. Also if the character's are WOrth expanding, they will be via sequels. But i mean i feel like i understand Maria Cabiria(from nights of cabiria) much better than any character from breaking bad... partly because they make SENSE! I mean if your a nobel prize winner, i guarantee you that you have more prospects than being a school teacher... The character's really aren't consistent... its fine that they change after realizations, but you literally never know what they are going to do when they walk into a room, like... is he going to shoot him or not? Like that time he went in guns blazing to that drug lords house(with his explosive chemicals), where the hell did that come from... later it takes him like 2 seasons to finally kill his new boss when he knew WHERE HE SITS! And instead he rigs some old guy's chair in a hospital.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By imsh_pl

Lie to Me, or just House. You could also try watching the Band of Brothers miniseries, which I watched like 5 times.