Just saw the Scott Pilgram movie, and....

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By ravensword

I thought it was one of the best movies of the year, if not THE best. Maybe im biased because I play and love videogames, but everything about this movie was great nd enjoyable. It was super funny, rather adult for a PG 13 movie, I LOVED the Visual style of this movie and the fights, I loved the way the sound of the Intruments in the band have actual shape adn neon look, and I love that this movie is using mostly unkown good talent that Ive never seen before save for Michael Cera, which I wouldnt really call BIG yet, but hes getting there. I love movies like that where im introduced to a new generation of potential future big name talent, its like finding a band you never heard of before and liking their music.  

Anyway, I wont spoil anything, but there are ways that this movie is done that are really cool. I dont think itll spoil anything, but I love the little hints at what number Evil Ex he is on, like seeing 5 street signs with Xs on them to signify he still has 5 to go or stuff like that. Anyway, if you havent seen it, please go see it. I think its guranteed to put a smile on your face if you have any love for video games and also maybe if you dont. The movie is just enjoyable all around. Also, I will say that Scotts Gay Roomate might be one of my favorite characters in the movie because he was just so genuinely funny. Also, the music is kick ass. Its probaly the best movie that has anything to do with videogames, and its not even based off a videogame.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ravensword

I thought it was one of the best movies of the year, if not THE best. Maybe im biased because I play and love videogames, but everything about this movie was great nd enjoyable. It was super funny, rather adult for a PG 13 movie, I LOVED the Visual style of this movie and the fights, I loved the way the sound of the Intruments in the band have actual shape adn neon look, and I love that this movie is using mostly unkown good talent that Ive never seen before save for Michael Cera, which I wouldnt really call BIG yet, but hes getting there. I love movies like that where im introduced to a new generation of potential future big name talent, its like finding a band you never heard of before and liking their music.  

Anyway, I wont spoil anything, but there are ways that this movie is done that are really cool. I dont think itll spoil anything, but I love the little hints at what number Evil Ex he is on, like seeing 5 street signs with Xs on them to signify he still has 5 to go or stuff like that. Anyway, if you havent seen it, please go see it. I think its guranteed to put a smile on your face if you have any love for video games and also maybe if you dont. The movie is just enjoyable all around. Also, I will say that Scotts Gay Roomate might be one of my favorite characters in the movie because he was just so genuinely funny. Also, the music is kick ass. Its probaly the best movie that has anything to do with videogames, and its not even based off a videogame.
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By RobotHamster

Cool, I really wasn't interested in this and already wrote it off, but it seems it did pretty good for itself.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
@RobotHamster:

If you are basing it off previews you saw on TV, please do not. The Previews really dont convey the goodness of this movie and makes it look stupid.
endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By endless_void
@Raven_Sword said:

" I thought it was one of the best movies of the year, if not THE best. Maybe im biased because I play and love videogames, but everything about this movie was great nd enjoyable. It was super funny, rather adult for a PG 13 movie, I LOVED the Visual style of this movie and the fights, I loved the way the sound of the Intruments in the band have actual shape adn neon look, and I love that this movie is using mostly unkown good talent that Ive never seen before save for Michael Cera, which I wouldnt really call BIG yet, but hes getting there. I love movies like that where im introduced to a new generation of potential future big name talent, its like finding a band you never heard of before and liking their music.   Anyway, I wont spoil anything, but there are ways that this movie is done that are really cool. I dont think itll spoil anything, but I love the little hints at what number Evil Ex he is on, like seeing 5 street signs with Xs on them to signify he still has 5 to go or stuff like that. Anyway, if you havent seen it, please go see it. I think its guranteed to put a smile on your face if you have any love for video games and also maybe if you dont. The movie is just enjoyable all around. Also, I will say that Scotts Gay Roomate might be one of my favorite characters in the movie because he was just so genuinely funny. Also, the music is kick ass. Its probaly the best movie that has anything to do with videogames, and its not even based off a videogame. "

Well doesn't everyone on this board play and love video games....? Why would you be biased if you played video games before watching this movie? I heard this movie makes some video game references but does it really affect the movie THAT much?
MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MistaSparkle

I really enjoyed the movie too. I actually was really doubting it, but I was completely blown away. I would definitely recommend it!

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jams

My friend had to text me in the middle of the night telling me how great it was. and I'm inclined to believe him seeing as how we don't often talk anymore.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By monetarydread
@MistaSparkle said:
" I really enjoyed the movie too. I actually was really doubting it, but I was completely blown away. I would definitely recommend it! "
What this guy said.
 Mf friend Justin didn't believe me when I said that this was the best video game movie of all time; he went and checked out the late showing and phoned me afterward to agree with me.
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By insanegamer

totally agree with you just amazing movie.

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fentonalpha

Yeah it's good.... some stuff just flat out did not work but overall it was good... if not rushed.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By iam3green

cool, i was doubting this movie. i don't think it seems all that great and a weird movie.