Looking at new PSU for my rig. Suggestions?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gaminghooligan

Recently came to the forums in search of advice for a graphics card upgrade. The result was a slew of fantastic suggestions that led me to the purchase of a XFX 7850 2gb double d I absolutely love. Now I return looking for power supply upgrade advice. Currently I'm using a Dell 525w psu. My motherboard is a micro atx (I want to note that while I'm learning about PC building, I still consider myself amateur at best) so I don't think I can get much more in the way of power, but it's more an upgrade of quality. What would you guys/gals suggest?

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It's been a while since I looked at parts but when I was the advice I got was not to skimp on a PSU. Go for a well known reliable brand even if it costs you a little extra. Reliability is key. Beyond that I can't really offer much sorry :/

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Corsair HX 750.

Probably one of the absolute best PSU's on the market. Plus it's 80 Plus Gold certified so it's incredibly efficient.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use this handy dandy psu calculator, and come back with the results.

hiono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiurflux said:

Corsair HX 750.

Probably one of the absolute best PSU's on the market. Plus it's 80 Plus Gold certified so it's incredibly efficient.

beat me to it

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

@hiono said:

@aiurflux said:

Corsair HX 750.

beat me to it

I third that statement. I've been highly satisfied with mine. Worth every damn penny.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Can't go wrong with a good Corsair PSU.