Looking for some peeps to get on my website team!

Avatar image for randominternetperson
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

You can find the link to it in my status :D! Yea,i can't do everything and me being me i suck at doing any reviews,other than old school and satirical so i would like a couple of people for that,and if someone would like to do quick looks that would be awesome to ^_^. I mean i do old school reviews,and soon i will add "cover art win" and "just for teh lolz" and besides.... YOU GET TO BE ADMINS YAAAY! Also if anyone thinks they have an idea for a new a thing just go ahead and say what it is.

Pay? Not a dime! I'm not exactly shitting cash :P

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Pro-tip: Seek help from friends rather than complete strangers.

RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Metal_Gear_Sunny: My friends are stupid as a goddamn tree-only the ones who aren't interested in gaming know English >.>
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Xeiphyer

'teh lolz' makes me want to never ever visit your site. 14year olds do not make good sites, and I am betting write worse reviews =X

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By turboman

That's not exactly a proffesional invitation that most rational people would ever reply too....

RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xeiphyer said:
" 'teh lolz' makes me want to never ever visit your site. 14year olds do not make good sites, and I am betting write worse reviews =X "
Actually i know its not supposed to mean anything,however i am doing this because...err....
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#7  Edited By EpicSteve

Another avenue to display my work is always great. PM me with your specific goals, style, ratings standards, and so on. I have about 50 reviews on my GB profile you're welcomed to look at.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138

Wow what a bunch of grumpy twats you are GB . Your website looks tones better than the last time i clicked the link duder . Good job

RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EpicSteve: Finally someone.... Unless i am being stuoid and you sarcastic but wahtever PMing anyway :/
ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ClownDetective
@turbomonkey138 said:
" Wow what a bunch of grumpy twats you are GB . Your website looks tones better than the last time i clicked the link duder . Good job "
Yea you did a good job with it. Looks way better.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EpicSteve
@RandomInternetPerson said:
" @EpicSteve: Finally someone.... Unless i am being stuoid and you sarcastic but wahtever PMing anyway :/ "
No sarcasm intended.
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ClownDetective:@turbomonkey138: Thanks a bunch ^^
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Astras
@RandomInternetPerson: 
Yes not bad, looks like you are pretty passionate about it, I have experience building websites and have studied and commercially been hired for my experience in the following technologies:

• PhpmyAdmin
  • PHP
  • HTML (Dreamweaver experience)
  • Javascript
  • Flash
  • Ajax

I have experience building dynamic websites with backend database's and php/SQL data retrieval methods, If you want any tech assistance, ask me questions, unfortunately I dont have time to join a team on another full time project at the moment.
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Astras: I'm an idiot in those departments-i built my blog with wordpress xD! However if you know any way to make a dynamic header it would be greatly appreciated!
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Astras
@RandomInternetPerson: First of all you need to find out if your hosting supports PHP and Database support to have any kind of dynamic content, it would be hard for me to explain an answer to your question without knowing what you can and can't do. 

I have hosted from my own computer in the past using apache and just purchased a Domain name.. made my IP static and pointed the domain at my IP adress. That way I could integrate all the technologies I wanted without having to pay extra as you do with private hosting if you want dynamic content, email hosting, bandwidth, Ajax support, storage etc.etc.

Im not even sure if you could implent a flash animation or Javascript  to create the illusion of a dynamic header within the worldpress website environment.
IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IceOrb

If you need any video content I'm equipped to capture 1080p 60fps video, edit it, and I can also live stream it via justin.tv or ustream.com. If you'd like to see some example video feel free to check out my youtube page and my justin.tv page for archived live streams.

http://www.youtube.com/iceorb

http://www.justin.tv/iceorb

Have a good one.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By weegieanawrench

Yeah, I'm digging the website so far, I'd like to see what it looks like in the future. Keep it up!

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Astras

I see what you mean. it looks like it is using frames.. Is there anyway you can target another frame in worldpress when you click on a link 

for example when you click on forums, can you select the header as a target as well as the main to change to a different page?
And target the header frame to change to another page you have created (A different target file) with a different Title on it?

RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Astras: Well,it does but if its too hard to do then ,i would LOVE if you would make some sort of moving...this:

Like a .gif really, it would be cool if you could try and make it that its kinda dancing (just swinging from one direction to another :))
@IceOrb: Well,THANKS FOR HELPING and also yea could please capture some Battlefield:Bad Company 2 singeplayer and multiplayer footage for a review?
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weegieanawrench said:

" Yeah, I'm digging the website so far, I'd like to see what it looks like in the future. Keep it up! "

@Astras said:

" I see what you mean. it looks like it is using frames.. Is there anyway you can target another frame in worldpress when you click on a link    for example when you click on forums, can you select the header as a target as well as the main to change to a different page?And target the header frame to change to another page you have created (A different target file) with a different Title on it? "

I don't think so,but i'm not sure! Is there any way i could find out?
EDIT:Well does it matter if i don't want the picture for a header? Because the one i posted is just a review section :)
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Astras
@RandomInternetPerson: 
Unfortunately graphics arn't really my cup of tea, im more coding and building little flash menu's etc and then usually applyisome kind of CSS to the overall site.
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Astras: Do you know how to make a custom theme for wordpress? That is what seems to be your cup of tea!
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Astras

Not sure about world press, i'll have a quick look at what it can and can't do.

RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Astras: Thanks buddy ;)
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EpicSteve

I don't think you're breaking it, but there's a GiantBomb rule regarding personal site plugs. Just be careful if you make another topic regarding your blog in the future.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Astras

Do you know the difference between a page and a post yea? 
I'm gonna have a look at this, looks quite an interesting little tool, I dont think it could create a more robust site than using standard methods.. Dreamweaver, CSS, SQL, PHP etc.etc.

Heres some info I was just looking at about headers you might be interested in.
 http://codex.wordpress.org/Designing_Headers

It might also be worth learning about style sheeets, because it looks like Wordpress supports CSS which can be used to manage your sites Look and design greatly.

RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Astras: Yes. Yes i do. Also,thanks :)
IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IceOrb

Also you may want to consider moving to blogspot since wordpress puts some pretty dumb limitations on their users. Like no flash embeding.

RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IceOrb: I will sooner or later,but for now this will suffice
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Astras
@IceOrb: Yea I just read that.. No flash, that sucks!
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By PillClinton

I'd be down to do podcast/ audio recording stuff I guess...I can record XBL voice chat if that helps

RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@100_Hertz: Hey,if ye found some people to make a gaming podcast with i would be more than happy to have it,however over Skype (its freee!) xD
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By dbz1995

I wouldn't mind writing me down some old school reviews.

RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Astras: *COUGH* *COUGH* If you really made websites before could you make one that looks something like GB with a sign up system and forums and stuff? It would really help!

Also,still looking for people