Melodeath roundup

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

I´ve been listening to so much music lately I felt I just had to round the best of them up into some kind of post for anyone with the same taste of music that might have let an artist or two slip them by. I´m constantly looking for new artists to sink my teeth in so here´s the best of what I´ve been listening to lately.

Threat Signal - Rational Eyes

Threat Signal
Threat Signal
After a break I started listening to these guys again in my car. There are a few things that really makes Threat Signal shine. First off its the extremely dropped tuning on the guitars combined with some heavy bending at the end of notes. So the guitars shred these really awesome parts and finish it with this mindblowing "weoooohh" bending sound that makes me scream of joy every time. On top of that you have the aggressive and well placed double bass pedal work and an always rock rolid bassline to go with the drums. both of them in perfect sync with the bits where the notebending is allowed to take focus for a second or two. Putting these things together with the standard growl verses + singing choruses that I´ve come to love with this genre of music, results in very interesting Metal to listen to. Also big cudos to the headspin on the right guitarplayer.
---------------------------------------------
Bleeding Through - Death Anxiety
Bleeding Through.
Bleeding Through.
Bleeding Through balances right on the edge of what even I consider being too hard or too "dark" Metal with this song that I ran into by coincidence a couple of days ago. But they manage to balance it just right and when you think its about to cross over to way to much Black Metal they go the other way and turn it back to interesting music again. The start of the song is right up in your face before you know it with the drummer working his feets like he was Joey Jordison or something and I know I just have to hear the chorus before I turn it off. And at 1.04 it appears. Turns out the melodic chorus is very good and suddenly the maximized start of the song makes sense. I actually want to give these guys a chance after listening to this one a couple of times. I think they have it in them to be awesome. As long as they dont cross that dark line... This one also features mad radical headspin. This time from the sexy female keyboard player.
Blinded Colony - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Blinded Colony
Blinded Colony
These guys are so fresh to the scene they dont really even have an image yet. The video to this song really shows that these are a couple of guys that just left the garage to come out for real. But even so early on they sound AWESOME. They have it in them to be the next In Flames if they keep this up. Super talented young guys that probably look up to the giants like In Flames or Soilwork. Thereby they manage to combine the sound of both of them and create perfect harmony. The music itself is very simple if you start to break down the drumpatters (chrous has the most standard drumpatterns in Melodeath history) and guitar riffs but when you manage to get so much out of such simple patterns as Blinded Colony it dosent matter. Also the singer has an amazing voice thats MADE for stuff like this and this song in particular gains alot of momentum from galopping riffs of the song making it chug along nicely. I´m listening to their first album everywhere now and you should too.
All That Remains - Chiron
All That Remains
All That Remains
How can one ever get enough of All That Remains? I´ve been listening to them to death over the years and I still can´t get enough. The same goes for their songs in Rock Band. One of them happens to be this masterpiece. I really have nothing to say about All That Remains that can do them justice at this point. Their feeling for rythm progression and general flow of a song is spot on. Their drummer also has some of the craziest techniques you´ll ever see. He plays barefoot and he always holds his left drumstick like its a chopstick or something. He´s a beast ! The link also includes lyrics so to all of you that might not be so into this kind of music, start practicing how you listen to growling lyrics! No better band to start with ! Also its nice to see more and more women in these kind of bands. All That Remains and Sonic Syndicate of both at the forefront with their very talented bassplayers.
jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

I´ve been listening to so much music lately I felt I just had to round the best of them up into some kind of post for anyone with the same taste of music that might have let an artist or two slip them by. I´m constantly looking for new artists to sink my teeth in so here´s the best of what I´ve been listening to lately.

Threat Signal - Rational Eyes

Threat Signal
Threat Signal
After a break I started listening to these guys again in my car. There are a few things that really makes Threat Signal shine. First off its the extremely dropped tuning on the guitars combined with some heavy bending at the end of notes. So the guitars shred these really awesome parts and finish it with this mindblowing "weoooohh" bending sound that makes me scream of joy every time. On top of that you have the aggressive and well placed double bass pedal work and an always rock rolid bassline to go with the drums. both of them in perfect sync with the bits where the notebending is allowed to take focus for a second or two. Putting these things together with the standard growl verses + singing choruses that I´ve come to love with this genre of music, results in very interesting Metal to listen to. Also big cudos to the headspin on the right guitarplayer.
Bleeding Through - Death Anxiety
Bleeding Through.
Bleeding Through.
Bleeding Through balances right on the edge of what even I consider being too hard or too "dark" Metal with this song that I ran into by coincidence a couple of days ago. But they manage to balance it just right and when you think its about to cross over to way to much Black Metal they go the other way and turn it back to interesting music again. The start of the song is right up in your face before you know it with the drummer working his feets like he was Joey Jordison or something and I know I just have to hear the chorus before I turn it off. And at 1.04 it appears. Turns out the melodic chorus is very good and suddenly the maximized start of the song makes sense. I actually want to give these guys a chance after listening to this one a couple of times. I think they have it in them to be awesome. As long as they dont cross that dark line... This one also features mad radical headspin. This time from the sexy female keyboard player.
Blinded Colony - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Blinded Colony
Blinded Colony
These guys are so fresh to the scene they dont really even have an image yet. The video to this song really shows that these are a couple of guys that just left the garage to come out for real. But even so early on they sound AWESOME. They have it in them to be the next In Flames if they keep this up. Super talented young guys that probably look up to the giants like In Flames or Soilwork. Thereby they manage to combine the sound of both of them and create perfect harmony. The music itself is very simple if you start to break down the drumpatters (chrous has the most standard drumpatterns in Melodeath history) and guitar riffs but when you manage to get so much out of such simple patterns as Blinded Colony it dosent matter. Also the singer has an amazing voice thats MADE for stuff like this and this song in particular gains alot of momentum from galopping riffs of the song making it chug along nicely. I´m listening to their first album everywhere now and you should too.
All That Remains - Chiron
All That Remains
All That Remains
How can one ever get enough of All That Remains? I´ve been listening to them to death over the years and I still can´t get enough. The same goes for their songs in Rock Band. One of them happens to be this masterpiece. I really have nothing to say about All That Remains that can do them justice at this point. Their feeling for rythm progression and general flow of a song is spot on. Their drummer also has some of the craziest techniques you´ll ever see. He plays barefoot and he always holds his left drumstick like its a chopstick or something. He´s a beast ! The link also includes lyrics so to all of you that might not be so into this kind of music, start practicing how you listen to growling lyrics! No better band to start with ! Also its nice to see more and more women in these kind of bands. All That Remains and Sonic Syndicate of both at the forefront with their very talented bassplayers.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush