My First Serious Attempt at Making a Short Film

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

While this is a bit old at this point, I'd at least like to share with Giant Bomb my first attempt at putting my efforts into a short film, something that I hope to eventually make a career out of. I spent a couple years out of college following some familial complications, and I have recently went back and switched my major to Film/TV Production, as if I don't choose to follow my dreams now when will I ever? Gaming will always be a passion of mine, and things I have played in games definitely influenced me artistically. I doubt the tarot-card motif would have come into play if I didn't have an existing fondness for the Persona series which was introduced to me through the endurance run, and the film is at least vaguely gaming-related in the fact that during production we took a powersaw to an old Xbox 360.

Shooting took three consecutive weekends, shot by just my friend and in a little over 100 hours, while another friend of mine composed the score for the short. The whole film minus the ending is done in stop-motion animation, something that is a pain in the ass and that I would hesitate to do again. Nevertheless, I am pretty proud of the results and I hope that people here can get some appreciation out of it and maybe leave some feedback, either positive or negative, as I head into my second semester of learning the art of film making. I value the community of Giant Bomb's opinions, as the fact that you are here on Giant Bomb is proof of superior taste.

Holding position for some of those stop-motion photos put my body in a sort of physical pain I didn't even know was possible.