My New Movie Blog

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By LackLuster

I just made my first blog today it's a movie blog I decided to make one because I want to get more experience writing and writing consistently.  The site is calledLast Movie Blog, so give it a look there isn't much on there right now, but leave a comment tell me what I can improve on it will be greatly appreciated.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

The first article (top 10 ) seems solid

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LackLuster
daniel_beck_90 said:
"The first article (top 10 ) seems solid "
Thanks
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Of course, with me being me...I can't agree with your top 10 list...especially when it has the remake of Funny Games rather than the original...and especially when the original Last House on the Left is about a million times better than that.

But oh well.  The blog looks good.  I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it with my keen movie eyes.  = D
LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LackLuster
jakob187 said:
"Of course, with me being me...I can't agree with your top 10 list...especially when it has the remake of Funny Games rather than the original...and especially when the original Last House on the Left is about a million times better than that.

But oh well.  The blog looks good.  I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it with my keen movie eyes.  = D
"
I am yet to see the Last House on the Left so it may make the list.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187
LackLuster said:
"jakob187 said:
"Of course, with me being me...I can't agree with your top 10 list...especially when it has the remake of Funny Games rather than the original...and especially when the original Last House on the Left is about a million times better than that.

But oh well.  The blog looks good.  I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it with my keen movie eyes.  = D"
I am yet to see the Last House on the Left so it may make the list."
Watch the original that Wes Craven directed back in the day.  I haven't seen the new one yet, but I'm kind of 50/50 about it pre-viewing.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

Nice list, and nice blog.  Just got a question, what was the real meaning, or "life lesson" behind clockwork orange?  It's not the kind of movie I would ever want to see again so I have never tried to rate it out of 10 because I just plain didn't like what I saw so it wouldn't be a proper rating.  So, what was the point behind it all exactly?

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LackLuster
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Nice list, and nice blog.  Just got a question, what was the real meaning, or "life lesson" behind clockwork orange?  It's not the kind of movie I would ever want to see again so I have never tried to rate it out of 10 because I just plain didn't like what I saw so it wouldn't be a proper rating.  So, what was the point behind it all exactly?"
I'm not the author of the book or Stanley Kubrick, so I can only guess and I'm just gonna throw a spoiler alert on here, but at the end of the book Alex the main character kind of grows up and realizes that all of the stuff he did in the past was juvenile and is now mature and has of moved on, I guess the message could be even the most evil people can be good at some point in their lives,  whether or not there is an actual moral I'm not sure.  That was the book in the movie that last chapter is not included, so for the movie I guess the "life lesson" could be appreciate law and government because without that structure to our lives we return to our animal like stages, but yeah I can understand where you are coming from there is definitely not a clear cut message.   
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JoelTGM
LackLuster said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Nice list, and nice blog.  Just got a question, what was the real meaning, or "life lesson" behind clockwork orange?  It's not the kind of movie I would ever want to see again so I have never tried to rate it out of 10 because I just plain didn't like what I saw so it wouldn't be a proper rating.  So, what was the point behind it all exactly?"
I'm not the author of the book or Stanley Kubrick, so I can only guess and I'm just gonna throw a spoiler alert on here, but at the end of the book Alex the main character kind of grows up and realizes that all of the stuff he did in the past was juvenile and is now mature and has of moved on, I guess the message could be even the most evil people can be good at some point in their lives,  whether or not there is an actual moral I'm not sure.  That was the book in the movie that last chapter is not included, so for the movie I guess the "life lesson" could be appreciate law and government because without that structure to our lives we return to our animal like stages, but yeah I can understand where you are coming from there is definitely not a clear cut message.    "
hm, but in the movie (er, spoilers?) I didn't see that he learned anything.  You said that last chapter is not included, I wonder why not?  All I saw in the movie was that they tried to unlearn his violent behavior with some brutal methods, by making him feel sick at the sight of violence or sex, and then afterward this seems to backfire on him as his old friends beat the crap out of him and he can do nothing about it.  Doesn't seem to teach anything except how not to unlearn violent behavior.  I'm confused mainly because I don't see what is so great about the movie.
LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LackLuster
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"LackLuster said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
I'm not the author of the book or Stanley Kubrick, so I can only guess and I'm just gonna throw a spoiler alert on here, but at the end of the book Alex the main character kind of grows up and realizes that all of the stuff he did in the past was juvenile and is now mature and has of moved on, I guess the message could be even the most evil people can be good at some point in their lives,  whether or not there is an actual moral I'm not sure.  That was the book in the movie that last chapter is not included, so for the movie I guess the "life lesson" could be appreciate law and government because without that structure to our lives we return to our animal like stages, but yeah I can understand where you are coming from there is definitely not a clear cut message.    "
hm, but in the movie (er, spoilers?) I didn't see that he learned anything.  You said that last chapter is not included, I wonder why not?  All I saw in the movie was that they tried to unlearn his violent behavior with some brutal methods, by making him feel sick at the sight of violence or sex, and then afterward this seems to backfire on him as his old friends beat the crap out of him and he can do nothing about it.  Doesn't seem to teach anything except how not to unlearn violent behavior.  I'm confused mainly because I don't see what is so great about the movie."
I don't think a movie needs to have a morale to be a great movie especially for one as dark as this.  It seems now that I think a bit harder about it, it's a bit more of an anti-government movie so the life lesson could be don't trust the government.
LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LackLuster
JazzyJeff said:
"I always thought A Clockwork Orange was making a statement about free will and what it means to be a human being. Is forcing an evil person to conform and become good an evil act in itself? It may be in best interest of the society, but that doesn't make it right."
Yeah I 100% agree, I was totally having a brain fart.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoelTGM
JazzyJeff said:
"I always thought A Clockwork Orange was making a statement about free will and what it means to be a human being. Is forcing an evil person to conform and become good an evil act in itself? It may be in best interest of the society, but that doesn't make it right."
I think I understand.  You need to have the freedom to understand for yourself why right is right and wrong is wrong.  I still can't give it a proper unbiased rating, I guess it was just too extreme for my eyes -_-
LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LackLuster
JazzyJeff said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
"JazzyJeff said:
I think I understand.  You need to have the freedom to understand for yourself why right is right and wrong is wrong.  I still can't give it a proper unbiased rating, I guess it was just too extreme for my eyes -_-"
Eh, not for everyone. There's no rule that says "You have to love A Clockwork Orange!"  :)"
I think that rule goes for pretty much all Kubrick movies.
LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LackLuster

I just posted a new idea on my blog check it out and see if you guys dig it.