Need help with my PC :< (Port forwarding/opening)

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NukeGoBoom

I have been trying to open up my ports so i can use uTorrent, I heard it causes problems with some multiplayer games too like BFBC2. I have been using this as a guide. 
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Edimax/BR-6204WG/Utorrent.htm 
But i dont know what to write in the Private Port and Public Port sections. I tried writing random numbers and then copying those numbers into the Current Port part of the uTorrent Setup guide. Can anybody explain what should i do?

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jack_daniels

You shouldn't have to open or forward any ports using uTorrent. I have behind many different routers on many many different connections and have never had a problem. Why are you trying to forward ports anyway? Is it not working now?

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By captain_clayman

stop torrenting  

/thread

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NukeGoBoom
@Jack_Daniels said:
" You shouldn't have to open or forward any ports using uTorrent. I have behind many different routers on many many different connections and have never had a problem. Why are you trying to forward ports anyway? Is it not working now? "
- Run Test
- Port is not open (You can still download)
And the file is downloading at 0 kB/s. So im guessing i need to forward the ports so it would download right?
belgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By belgo

You pick the port you wish uTorrent to use, say, 55555. Then in your router, you just but down the same number, 55555, and that will make that port open to the information flow

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NukeGoBoom
@Belgo said:
" You pick the port you wish uTorrent to use, say, 55555. Then in your router, you just but down the same number, 55555, and that will make that port open to the information flow "
It says port range. There are 2 bars i have to fill up. Make them both a random number?
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Jadeskye
@Belgo said:
" You pick the port you wish uTorrent to use, say, 55555. Then in your router, you just but down the same number, 55555, and that will make that port open to the information flow "
This. Utorrent allows you to set the port it uses. 

games generally do not, find out what ports they use and open those in your router's configuration settings. 

quite simple.
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Binman88
@NukeGoBoom:  Yes. Pick the number you're going to use, and put that in both fields for the range. So it would be Range: 55555 to 55555.