Neogaf: longest wait for posting privileges?

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I registered in October 2008, still waiting. Great way to run a site. Although if I finally got activated and mentioned that, I suspect it'd take less than two and a half years to get kicked off...

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

And I'm guessing you can't sign up again? Their acceptance thing is idiocy, if you ask me.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Skytylz

I don't understand the appeal of neogaf, I think I might have an email now that I can use.  I tried to sign up, but didn't have an email that would work because you know normal people that just use a gmail account aren't good enough for them.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

I guess I was just lucky. I got approved in a couple hours last year. Hardly ever post there...

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Kyreo

What is neogaf exactly?  The Bombsquad talk about the site often....

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By EvilNiGHTS
I used a Blueyonder address to register as it was my main email address at the time, but I primarily use Gmail now. Of course they won't let me register with that and I don't feel like opening more email accounts with my ISP for the sake of a single site.  

I originally meant to flee there after getting frustrated with Usenet. Now I sporadically post here instead. 
picklecannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By picklecannon

I guess it's the quality of some of the information you get there and during E3 it's really funny/crazy. Also they tend to have a lot of information (and usually get it a lot sooner than other sources) regarding anything game related really (especially foreign products which is awesome).

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Xeiphyer

Neogaf is crazy. Its basically a nazi regime videogame website. As long as you don't step out of line you don't get permabanned. Tough measures, but it also ensures that people are civil there.

Personally, I prefer right here. I can have plenty of civil conversations and flame the fuck out of idiots too. Its good times.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Example1013
@Xeiphyer: Really, this is pretty much the best site ever. I've never visited a video game site where you can get away with as much shit as you can here, and I love it.
jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jking47

Most of what I have heard of neogaf sounds like snobs. Since I found Giantbomb I really haven't even look for other community sites, this one is best.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chrissedoff
@Xeiphyer said:
" Neogaf is crazy. Its basically a nazi regime videogame website. As long as you don't step out of line you don't get permabanned. Tough measures, but it also ensures that people are civil there.  Personally, I prefer right here. I can have plenty of civil conversations and flame the fuck out of idiots too. Its good times. "
yaaaaaaahahahahaha good joke. neogaf is the most hostile web forum in existence.
Yoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Yoghurt

Although normal user are pretty civil there 90% of the time, and they've got aaaaaaloooooot of info (mostly because they are guys from video game media and sometimes some people from dev teams... hell, even Pachter o Keighley posted there a couple of times), mods, or to be more precise - the owner of the site - have their own private agendas and wars and if you don't agree, you're out.  

So yeah, if you are just a video games fan,  it's like living as a simple grunt in a barracks full of decent corporals and some foul-mouthed seargants, where sometimes a general who had earned his stars for burning villages and shooting civilians comes in. 

All in all, I spy there irregulary, mostly during major events like E3 or so called BOOOOMBS!!!!111one (announncment of FFXIII on Xbox was one of the funniest things I've ever read online), or to check if there's one of "those funny threads" going on (check the one about video Game Covers. Hilarity guaranteed)  but as far as community goes, I'll stick with GB.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MeierTheRed
@chrissedoff said:
" @Xeiphyer said:
" Neogaf is crazy. Its basically a nazi regime videogame website. As long as you don't step out of line you don't get permabanned. Tough measures, but it also ensures that people are civil there.  Personally, I prefer right here. I can have plenty of civil conversations and flame the fuck out of idiots too. Its good times. "
yaaaaaaahahahahaha good joke. neogaf is the most hostile web forum in existence. "
Thats my experience also. All the posts i have seen have been pretty hostile.