New Red Hot Chili Peppers single is out

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SSully

So this is the first song released of their new album I'm With You since the departure of guitarist John Frusciante, and arrival of his good friend/replacement Josh Klinghoffer.

As a big RHCP fan myself I am a bit undecided on how i feel about the song. The chorus is weak and sounds like one of their B-sides from stadium arcadium. Anthony has some weak vocals and having john doing strong back up vocals in almost all of their songs really made Anthony sound better, now he sounds kind of plain. This is very noticeable in the chorus. The best part about the song is easily fleas bass lines and chad on percussion. I am still looking forward to the album, but I am very skeptical on how it will be right now.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By matpaget

Josh Klinghoffer has an amazing voice. Strange that he's not singing back up on this song. 
Josh is also an amazing guitarist, and he does an absolutely great job on this track. It reminds me of George Harrison during the chorus. 

I heard this a few hours back, and I'm in love with it. The percussion is second to none. I'd say it''s my favourite Chad Smith track now. 

I'm just happy my boys are back <3

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SSully

That is exactly why I am so disappointed with lack of back vocals, Josh has an outstanding voice, maybe even better then John. They should be throwing him up there with anthony, not hiding him in the back.

And I agree, Josh does do great on the track. I guess most of my disappointment is in the vocals and the way the chrous is.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By matpaget
@SSully: Yeah, it's disappointing! We'll see if Josh lends his voice in the other tracks in a month or so! 
The chorus is a bit underwhelming though, I agree with you. I do love the contrast between the verses and the chorus though. 

I'm excited to hear more! 
I'd say my favourite part of this song are the cowbell lines.
hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By hwy_61

I like it! Then again, I'm a sucker for Kiedis's voice.

Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Trebz

Wow, I didn't even know they were still together since Frusciante left. I'm glad that they're still going strong and this single sounds much better than I would expect after a hiatus, especially after losing such a great guitarist.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By hoossy

I haven't been a huge fan of RHCP since after Californication.  I just felt like after that album the band just fell into a "paint by numbers" approach where every album seemed to have the same production philosophy.   
 (I put some blame on Rick Rubin for that, he dug them out of a hole with Blood Sugar Sex Magik, but to stick the same producer for every subsequent record?  I think it made them weaker)   
 Besides all that, I'm hoping for a return to their funkier more experimental side.  But maybe that died along with the drug habits.  Shame.