Nexus 7 2013 owners

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's been almost a year since the 2nd Gen Nexus 7 came out. I was wondering how it has held up for people that have it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

I was just using my 2012 model a moment ago, and I still love it. So I assume well.

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just wait for the 2014 edition, it's going to be more powerful and around the same price.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a 2013 Nexus 7 and am very happy with it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

@iamtirrrred: With all the weird rumours going around, who knows what the future holds for the Nexus line.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a 7 inch tablet. 'Nuff said.

I first had a 10" netbook. Yeah, yeah, dumbass, I know. Anyway, those 10 inches were hella small, and getting 7 inches sounded kind of stupid. Now that I've had it for a while, I like it a lot. It's a good reading format, big enough for Youtube/Netflix, good size for most games, and I imagine is a good platform for ported "real" games like the GTA series, if paired with a Bluetooth controller (haven't tried it yet, but thinking on it).

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like mine a lot.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's just like the 2012 model, but, uh, better. Higher res, faster. Not a whole lot to say besides that. Mine has held up just fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should I get a refurbished one for $150 or a new one?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RonGalaxy

It holds up very well. mobile tech when it comes to just general use (internet browsing, emails, stuff like that) peaked when the iphone 4 came out. Games and stuff will keep getting better, but if you're just in it to fuck around like I am, the 2013 model is perfect for that.

Im not sure I would tell you to buy one right now, since it has almost been a year and they might release another one, but there have been rumors that google will be killing their nexus line of devices. If that comes to pass, the nexus 7 2013 will still be a good device to have for a long while.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It's fantastic.

Should I get a refurbished one for $150 or a new one?

A new one's like $45 more on Amazon. I'd just get the newness rather than risk a wonky refurb unit.

fatwonton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes mine crashes and the screen rotation locks up, But still prefer it to my ipad.

Bait003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only problem i find with the nexus 7 is that is a little too sensitive with flipping between landscape and portrait modes...but that is my biggest problem. other then that i use mine on a daily basis (i find checking my email is easier using the nexus then my computer...as i will reach for my nexus to check email rather then hit three keys to have my computer do the same thing). as for getting refurb over a new....go new but check for the price for what you want...i got mine from a gamestop...cheaper then the best buy and the gamestop was closer to where i live.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By RenegadeSaint

I really enjoy it, but I was playing Little Inferno on it yesterday and the frame rate was tanking whenever a lot was going on. That's the only problem I've ever had with it and obviously it's a minor one, so I highly recommend.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fine, no worse than when I first got it. That said, mine has an issue where the screen will power off and on for less than a second every once in a while. I haven't figured out why it does it, and can't make it happen on command, but that's the only issue I've noticed - but it did that right when I got it, so whatever. Probably should've sent it in.

I've had really poor performance in every game I've tried playing with it, but it's great for general browsing/email/RSS/podcasts/whatever other task we used to use computers for but tablets are like way easier and this one's pretty good and super cheap.

That's my recommendation then: get a tablet. This one's totally solid and way more affordable than the competition. But maybe wait a month or two for the next one...? YMMV

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I grabbed a 2013 32 gig model from Microcenter for $200 recently. Rooted and now with a custom rom, my computer is now strictly used for gaming or streaming movies. All other entertainment content I now use the tablet for. I know it was kinda a bad idea to grab one this late when Google has I/O around the corner and there is talk of HTC is developing 6" and 8" models for them but I guess I don't really know what else they could do to make me want anything else. My tablet is great for what I use it for and XDA developers do a great job of keeping things up to date with the latest from Android.

SmithCommaJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmithCommaJohn

I like mine a lot (16 gig, bought around launch), but lately it seems to be randomly restarting more often than it ever did before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Mine is around here somewhere. It's a great tablet but I pretty much only use my Nexus 5 and Macbook Pro 13 Inch now. The Nexus 5 works well enough for most things and my Macbook Pro 13 inch is light enough for me not to care about dragging it around. I find that I care for tablets less and less; although, I may end up going in on a future version of a Kindle eReader if it comes in color (which it eventually will).