Night of Champions - Cena.... REALLY WTF? Other thoughts.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Astras

So I logged onto WWE.com to see the results of Night of Champions, unfortunately I had work throughout the night so didn't get the opportunity to watch it.

The first think I see puts me off the entire PPV, John Cena doing one of his signature "I have just been through hell" poses, holding up the championship in victory. I then saw the next image of Del Rio tapping out to the STFU.

I mean, Reaallly... what the hell is the point of even watching this crap. Cena's gimmick has compleatly run it's course. WWE really believe that any kind of "POP" reagardless of if it's good or bad means that the wrestler is "Over", To me with Cena this is a different circumstance, he's just shite and boring! I can't see Cena ever having a Heel turn, I mean he is just an "Uber face" and what really do you do with a guy like him.... just keep on rolling like the WWE has done for years???

WWE crush Del Rio's push, what was even the point of giving him the money in the bank, it seems now that he was just a transitional champion that was always destined for midcard stardom. I think now Cena will basically hold the belt now until Wrestlemania and they will just start pushing Rock - Cena.

Rock vs Cena, for me it's not really a match I care too much about. I never joined the Rock bandwagon last Wrestlemania and feel that he still has distanced himself from wrestling. When he say's things like "I'm not going anywhere" then you don't see him again for 6 months it feels like.... oh so you are waiting for a dramatic payoff then I take it before you step back in the ring?

Cena also is so terrible in the ring that with the Rock being out for years it could be a terrible match... ok granted WWE will make the promo's crazy and i'm sure there will be some interest in the match.. but once it get's in the ring it will be the usual - Fisherman's suplex, shoulder barge, 5 knuckle etc etc etc...

Last point about Night of champions is the Triple H vs Punk angle, I mean they are obviously trying to recreate Austin vs Mcmahon with the anti establishment angle. One of the main problems with this match is how irresponsible HHH is as the COO. They should of waited at least a year with HHH in charge of the buisness to give his position in the company any credibility whatsoever. CM punk with this story line starting from the last fued with Cena, seemed to start off quite interesting and now seems to be so focused on recreating "Austin Heat" that he seems a bit stale to me.

I don't understand why Kevin Nash is even in the WWE, his involvement with this angle seems pointless and confusing. HHH back in the ring was no surprise to me. I'ts obvious that he is blatantly just still on the roster and really as COO would he really be putting his Job on the line only after about a month or so??? Would the rest of the company approve of his decision making. Vince playing the evil overlord at least always tried to worm his way out of situations but triple H playing the role as a "MAN" seems out of place.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cheesebob

Go to wrestled.com if you want to talk about wrestling! This is a video game website!

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Astras

@Cheesebob: That's strange because I thought that the purpose of "Off-topic" was to talk about anything other than computer games.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cheesebob

@Astras: Good point! Please, I give you permission to continue ;)

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By emergency

Cena isn't a bad wrestler. Get it out of your head. He's just so pushed your fed up with him, theres a difference. Del Rio's reign was pretty lame, but he's not a very good champ. His time will come, he'll get a rematch soon and maybe cheese his way to victory again. HHH match was a mess, overbooked to hell and confusing.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I liked the guy with the "Wish Benoit Was Here" sign. CM Punk saw it during his match and started laughing.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Astras

@emergency said:

Cena isn't a bad wrestler. Get it out of your head. He's just so pushed your fed up with him, theres a difference. Del Rio's reign was pretty lame, but he's not a very good champ. His time will come, he'll get a rematch soon and maybe cheese his way to victory again. HHH match was a mess, overbooked to hell and confusing.

I hope your right about Del Rio, he deserves much better than just being another stepping stone for Cena.

Maybe your right about Cena but I just don't see it, he seems to struggle selling moves partly because of how athletic he is, what I mean is when he turns into Super- Cena towards the end of every match it just seems that he is no selling everything that's happened. His move list is extreamly limited. I don't agree with his latest decision to start mixing up his move list with top rope death drops, to me it just seems clumsy and out of his skill range. The 5 knuckle shuffle is ridiculous and embarrassing. Tapping countless people out with his submission move has to be one of the most anticlimactic finishes in current wrestling.

Wrestlers usually evolve their characters over time but he just stays with the same gimmick that he had 5-6 years ago.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Astras

@ImpendingFoil said:

I liked the guy with the "Wish Benoit Was Here" sign. CM Punk saw it during his match and started laughing.

Lol, i'm going through some of the matches now, i'll look out for that.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Rhaknar

youre shocked that Cena won? really? As someone that hasnt followed wrestling (at least watching it regulary) in about 10 years, i still knew Cena would win.

Are you surprised Triple H won too?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By TheHBK

CM Punk had my attention when he was angry. Now he is being sarcastic and trying to be funny. "Pipebomb!" Dumb ass line. I have hopes that he can recreate that anger, that is what made austin popular, not the witty lines.

Cena, ugh... really? We have that and then you see Mark Henry beat Orton, clean and dominating if I read right. Now that is booking. Alberto Del Rio is great and how he speaks, if you understand Spanish is freaking awesome. Some people think he just calls people dogs, but in Spanish, that is the same as calling someone a bitch or asshole. Its big. It just gets lost of people.

As for Rock and Cena, I am super excited and have been planning a Wrestlemania Party around it with the Super Bowl serving as a dry run for it in my new house. But it will be like what we saw in Money in the Bank a couple months ago. In The Rock's hometown, people sick of Cena. I really think that since the Rock is starting the feud up in November at the Survivor Series, the Rock could win the WWE title and then lose it at WM. I really think Cena will win at WM so this would be the way to go. But hopefully the rock lays him out.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SlightConfuse

Triple h won because its too early for the coo to loose.

Cena wining is nothing new.

Kevin nash. Is a talent sucking vampire

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Astras

@slightconfuse said:

Kevin nash. Is a talent sucking vampire

LOL

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CL60

You missed the point of Rocks "Never going away" thing he said. He addressed that in a video he made. Plus Rock is going to be at Survivor Series in a tag match with Cena apparently.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Astras

@TheHBK: Yea I hope your right about Punk, theres making a char Anti establishment... But having a Anti estab char as a comedy 'Face' is just anti productive and feels a bit fake after the Cena-Punk feud.

Money in the bank for me was a fantastic PPV though! I hope Rock breaks his legs also!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheHBK said:

We have that and then you see Mark Henry beat Orton, clean and dominating if I read right. Now that is booking.

It was pretty great. Mark looked like a the monster he's been the last few months, yet Orton didn't come off weak from that loss.

The whole angle has been pretty great. I especially liked Mark Henry's promo at the end of Smackdown. It was like Edge pointing out that after 15 years, he still ain't got shit to show for it cut to the bone and what should've been a great face story about a guy working hard finally getting his due has rather turned into a tragic villain story of a guy getting what he's always wanted and deserves having to become a hated monster to get it.

And then when he finally won it and basked in the glory and there were even people cheering for him, he got on the mic and told them to shut up and they didn't deserve to share his moment because they all doubted and hated on him all these years thereby keeping the monster heel heat he's been garnering. I hope this is the beginning of a great reign.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By rentfn

When Orton lost I was sad because I knew it meant that Cena was going to win. One of those two must hold a belt...I think it's in the WWE by-line.

I thought the Punk vs HHH match was fun. Once it was announced that it was no DQ I wanted to see them go nuts and nuts they did. When punk went off the top rop onto the announce desk I wanted to stand up and cheer, it was want I wanted to see. Although I was bummed about Paul winning it was still a great match.

I've really enjoyed seeing the Miz and R-Truth teaming up. It a blast listening to Truth say the craziest things and watching the Miz try to keep a straight face. I hope they keep building up the tag teams because I've loved that division.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By veektarius

I love reading about professional wrestling. It's like reading about a sport I don't understand, except it's not really a sport, so instead of trying to understand it I just accept that I am oblivious and let the confusion wash over me. It's like drowning and you don't care if you ever breathe again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that Shane McMahon/Randy Savage combination flying elbow Punk did to the outside announce table was sick. It was a fun brawl, but man was that ending a Russoriffic clusterfuck. Guess I'll have to tune in to Raw now

Miz and Truth are fantastic. They're chemistry is off the charts. And it was a strange change of pace to see the heels get screwed over by an incompetent ref wile the faces won to such blatantly shady tactics. It only lends creedence to their growing conspiracy victims angle.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Do what I do when a Cena match starts and skip it.

That main event was pretty good though, and I'm loving Awesome Truth. It sucks that Mark Henry will only keep the title for like five minutes.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Astras

@Veektarius said:

I love reading about professional wrestling. It's like reading about a sport I don't understand, except it's not really a sport, so instead of trying to understand it I just accept that I am oblivious and let the confusion wash over me. It's like drowning and you don't care if you ever breathe again.

Reaaaaallly??????????????