On The Path of Weight Loss

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Edited By Raven10

So this is mostly just a bragging blog but I felt good about it and wanted to share. So due to events which I am no longer allowed to discuss on here I've lost 15 pounds over the past week and a half. The vague event which I cannot discuss continues for a period of two months. So that means that if I continue the current trend I'll be losing close to 100 pounds in 2 months. For someone who started at nearly 360 pounds that still leaves a fair amount of work before I hit my ideal weight but 100 pounds is a hell of a lot of weight to lose in just 2 months. Before I get yelled at again, I do not condone eating so little that you lose 15 pounds in a week and a half. Please be healthy when you diet and take in the correct amount of vitamins and minerals. There is a way to do this healthily and then then there is the type of situation I'm in. I am in no way saying what I am doing is healthy or the best way of going about it and encourage anyone who plans on losing over 100 pounds to discuss their plan with a nutritionist before starting any diet.

Today I weigh less than I have in a good 5 or 6 years. Although my weight loss is not the direct result of a healthy diet, I am glad that I am finally shedding those excess pounds. Other factors that have helped in my weight loss include rising early and being more active. These are again both effects of the events which I am not allowed to discuss. It has so far been a hard but rewarding week and a half. I've spent a lot of time incredibly hungry and incredibly tired but I'm hoping the end results are worth the suffering. I have suffered from my weight for most of my life but especially since I began puberty. Due to certain situations which I can also not discuss I gained a lot of weight and was unable to lose it. Now I am taking my life back. I am on the track to become a productive member of society, a better friend, a better family member and a better person.

Also for anyone who knows about the unnamed event which I am talking about, I apologize for offending some people and for not clearly stating my intentions. I was excited about this event and shared it in a way that was inappropriate. I hope this blog is much clearer in its intentions than the previous one. I'll say it one last time just in case I wasn't completely clear. It is not healthy to lose over 100 pounds in two months. Please do not go on a crash diet. My situation is unique and not the result of a healthy well planned diet. If you wish to lose weight please consult a nutritionist and make a plan that will allow you to get the correct daily allotment of nutrients. If you are losing more than 5 pounds a week chances are you are not eating correctly and could expose yourself to dangerous illnesses. My weight loss is NOT the result of any diet but of factors which I cannot name. That said, I'm glad to be losing weight and getting healthy and plan on continuing to work with my doctor to do this in the best way possible.

EDIT: Guys please stop guessing. I simply cannot tell you. If you really want to know then PM some mods and get them to reverse their decision. Barring that I simply cannot say.

EDIT 2: Okay I am going to try to describe this in a vague way because people are not willing to give it up. My weight gain was the result of a medical issue. This medical issue is something that I have been unable to overcome for a decade. I became complacent in accepting it as part of my life. Recently I said enough is enough and am working through a brutal regime to fix this problem. Weight loss is a side effect of this process. I am not trying to lose weight. It's more like I am returning to my body's natural weight now that the issues are slowly being fixed. What I am going through is incredibly terrible. I would not wish it upon my worst enemy. The end result I hope will be worth it, but please, please, please do not attempt to lose 15 pounds in one week. If I could choose I would not go about losing weight this way. Going slow but steady is the right way to do it. So again, medical issue. Please do not attempt. I seriously have never experienced anything so horrible as the past week and a half. I would not go through this if the only result was major weight loss. Thanks for understanding.

EDIT 3: Kind of crazy thing just happened. I weighed myself again tonight and I got some insane results. If my parents hadn't just used the exact same scale and got the correct weight I would say the scale is broken. I don't know what to say about this but instead of losing 15 pounds my scale read 303 pounds. I weighed myself three times and got the same weight every time. That would mean I've lost close to 60 pounds in a week and a half. I don't know how to feel about that. 15 pounds is one thing. 60 pounds is another. I'm going to weigh myself regularly over the next couple of days to verify but 303 pounds? That just can't be right could it?

EDIT 4: So I should really pay attention to where I put my scale. After realizing it was half on a carpet and half off I weighed myself with it standing level on the floor and clocked in at 333. So I've lost about 30 pounds. Much more believable than 60.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Raven10

So this is mostly just a bragging blog but I felt good about it and wanted to share. So due to events which I am no longer allowed to discuss on here I've lost 15 pounds over the past week and a half. The vague event which I cannot discuss continues for a period of two months. So that means that if I continue the current trend I'll be losing close to 100 pounds in 2 months. For someone who started at nearly 360 pounds that still leaves a fair amount of work before I hit my ideal weight but 100 pounds is a hell of a lot of weight to lose in just 2 months. Before I get yelled at again, I do not condone eating so little that you lose 15 pounds in a week and a half. Please be healthy when you diet and take in the correct amount of vitamins and minerals. There is a way to do this healthily and then then there is the type of situation I'm in. I am in no way saying what I am doing is healthy or the best way of going about it and encourage anyone who plans on losing over 100 pounds to discuss their plan with a nutritionist before starting any diet.

Today I weigh less than I have in a good 5 or 6 years. Although my weight loss is not the direct result of a healthy diet, I am glad that I am finally shedding those excess pounds. Other factors that have helped in my weight loss include rising early and being more active. These are again both effects of the events which I am not allowed to discuss. It has so far been a hard but rewarding week and a half. I've spent a lot of time incredibly hungry and incredibly tired but I'm hoping the end results are worth the suffering. I have suffered from my weight for most of my life but especially since I began puberty. Due to certain situations which I can also not discuss I gained a lot of weight and was unable to lose it. Now I am taking my life back. I am on the track to become a productive member of society, a better friend, a better family member and a better person.

Also for anyone who knows about the unnamed event which I am talking about, I apologize for offending some people and for not clearly stating my intentions. I was excited about this event and shared it in a way that was inappropriate. I hope this blog is much clearer in its intentions than the previous one. I'll say it one last time just in case I wasn't completely clear. It is not healthy to lose over 100 pounds in two months. Please do not go on a crash diet. My situation is unique and not the result of a healthy well planned diet. If you wish to lose weight please consult a nutritionist and make a plan that will allow you to get the correct daily allotment of nutrients. If you are losing more than 5 pounds a week chances are you are not eating correctly and could expose yourself to dangerous illnesses. My weight loss is NOT the result of any diet but of factors which I cannot name. That said, I'm glad to be losing weight and getting healthy and plan on continuing to work with my doctor to do this in the best way possible.

EDIT: Guys please stop guessing. I simply cannot tell you. If you really want to know then PM some mods and get them to reverse their decision. Barring that I simply cannot say.

EDIT 2: Okay I am going to try to describe this in a vague way because people are not willing to give it up. My weight gain was the result of a medical issue. This medical issue is something that I have been unable to overcome for a decade. I became complacent in accepting it as part of my life. Recently I said enough is enough and am working through a brutal regime to fix this problem. Weight loss is a side effect of this process. I am not trying to lose weight. It's more like I am returning to my body's natural weight now that the issues are slowly being fixed. What I am going through is incredibly terrible. I would not wish it upon my worst enemy. The end result I hope will be worth it, but please, please, please do not attempt to lose 15 pounds in one week. If I could choose I would not go about losing weight this way. Going slow but steady is the right way to do it. So again, medical issue. Please do not attempt. I seriously have never experienced anything so horrible as the past week and a half. I would not go through this if the only result was major weight loss. Thanks for understanding.

EDIT 3: Kind of crazy thing just happened. I weighed myself again tonight and I got some insane results. If my parents hadn't just used the exact same scale and got the correct weight I would say the scale is broken. I don't know what to say about this but instead of losing 15 pounds my scale read 303 pounds. I weighed myself three times and got the same weight every time. That would mean I've lost close to 60 pounds in a week and a half. I don't know how to feel about that. 15 pounds is one thing. 60 pounds is another. I'm going to weigh myself regularly over the next couple of days to verify but 303 pounds? That just can't be right could it?

EDIT 4: So I should really pay attention to where I put my scale. After realizing it was half on a carpet and half off I weighed myself with it standing level on the floor and clocked in at 333. So I've lost about 30 pounds. Much more believable than 60.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

Smoking crack eh?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Raven10

@Marcsman: I know you are joking but I am going to respond in a serious manner just to avoid any suspicion. The events I am speaking of do not involve using any controlled substances to lose weight, and are not the result of any sort of dietary supplement. Again, please be healthy when losing weight. My condition is a medical one and cannot be replicated safely using any sort of substance.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts

Whats your secret?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Raven10

@laserbolts: I wish I could tell you but the mods insisted I not talk about it anymore. I would rather not have another blog deleted.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By laserbolts

@Raven10:

pm me then. im down for some rapid weight loss.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rollingzeppelin

It's AIDS.

I don't understand why the mods would censor you, do you have a purging disorder?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raven10

@RollingZeppelin: Ask them. They felt it was inappropriate for the forums. Not my decision. And no the cause is not an illness of any sort.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sploder

I lost a 105 pounds over the course of a year, it does feel pretty good.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By JasonR86

@Raven10:

I won't discuss 'it' but have there been any side effects or fall backs at all? That's what I was worried about when you discussed this plan earlier. Glad to hear you're losing weight though.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ahriman22

I used to weigh 340 pounds not too long back, now I'm at healthy 200 for my height. I know how good you feel now that you're getting rid of it, unfortunately for me, since I lost it so fast I have fugly stretch marks that will probably never go away.

But yay for weight loss!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raven10

@JasonR86: Yea it's been pretty rough. Not terrible but still pretty rough. I'm hanging in there. It's going to get a lot harder as I go on. I'm still in the early goings. The further you go the worse it gets. I have most of my family here with me for Christmas though so hopefully they'll help take my mind off of it. The worst part is when you let yourself just fall into your own thoughts. As long as I keep busy I can deal with it most of the time.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By fattony12000

Is it some kind of food necromancy? Because you're making it seem like the darkest of black magicks.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've lost 109 pounds since the beginning of April, aiming for about 30 more. It certainly feels great. Edit: Though, it's been hard to lose since the holidays started. Since Thanksgiving I've only lost 2 pounds :(

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By darkstorn

Good for you guys! I was never obese but I lost 30-35 pounds in about 5 months by dieting and doing 45 minute runs 3 evenings a week. It feels great, even if the stretch marks aren't great looking.

The hard part is maintaining weight loss, since the body gets significantly more efficient at processing calories. I gain weight if I eat more than 1600 calories on a lazy day. It's definitely an uphill battle against willpower, but I still think it's the best decision I've ever made.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By murisan

Is it some kind of juice fast diet?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Darkstorn said:

Good for you guys! I was never obese but I lost 30-35 pounds in about 5 months by dieting and doing 45 minute runs 3 evenings a week. It feels great, even if the stretch marks aren't great looking.

The hard part is maintaining weight loss, since the body gets significantly more efficient at processing calories. I gain weight if I eat more than 1600 calories on a lazy day. It's definitely an uphill battle against willpower, but I still think it's the best decision I've ever made.

You should probably work on increasing your metabolic rate (I dunno 1600 seems kinda low). Don't ask me how to do it though, I ain't no doctor.

Also OP I don't know what it is you're doing that's making you loose 15 pounds a week but it's probably bad. Weight loss shouldn't be so crazy and secretive. Exercise and diet should suffice. For a while I was exercising 5 times a week and was loosing about 5 pounds a week on average....are you just not eating anything ever?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Raven10

@Vinny_Says: Again the mods have banned me from discussing it. If it were up to me I would be completely open about this. It's out of my hands. As I said, diet and exercise are the right ways to lose weight. For me the weight loss is a side effect of a greater event. It's a good side effect but I am not dieting per say.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By artelinarose

I, too, have started dieting. I stand 5'11 at about 200 pounds and I feel disgusting. I've taken it upon myself to drop down to 160 so I can try to dress as Jem for Halloween but it's going to be a weird road because I need to lose a lot of muscle to get the physique I want. However, I have no idea what I am doing so I just decided to drop down to 400ish calories a day. It'll either work or I'll end up in the ICU or both. Best of luck to us both!

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Artemesia said:

I, too, have started dieting. I stand 5'11 at about 200 pounds and I feel disgusting. I've taken it upon myself to drop down to 160 so I can try to dress as Jem for Halloween but it's going to be a weird road because I need to lose a lot of muscle to get the physique I want. However, I have no idea what I am doing so I just decided to drop down to 400ish calories a day. It'll either work or I'll end up in the ICU or both. Best of luck to us both!

Unless you are Obese or worse, going down that much is going to hurt your body. The starvation mode is a myth so don't worry about that, but 400 calories a day isn't enough for a comatose patient. If you want to lose muscle, go for a Vegetarian diet or High-Carb. Although it will be much harder for you to cut out fat completely than carbs and you will be hunger more often, cutting out fat, which is usually in nature in the same place as Protein, will ensure you lose muscle mass.

EDIT: Unless you are insulin resistant or have metabolic syndrome etc, in which case high fat-low carb is the way to go, keep your insulin levels down as much as possible.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By psylah

I started using Fitocracy to entice me to do some exercising. I'm not trying to lose weight, but trying to put on some muscle.

Getting experience points for doing sets of chin-ups and curls is pretty fun, though. I start to think how if I do a few more sets I can get 400 or 500 experience for the day, but that works against me sometimes when I see people putting in 2,000-4,000 points in a day and I think "why should I even bother".

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Christoffer

@Raven10: Ive lost a great deal in the past myself so I know it's a tough journey. You will ALWAYS loose more in the beginning than later on, keep that in mind so you don't get disappointed later on.

Keep it up and keep posting. Even if you feel like a failure sometimes, it'll come, trust me (for the strangest reasons you can imagine, or maybe that's just me).

See ya, buddy

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Baillie

Someone PM me what the hell this is all about!?

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Tomzombie

lipo sucktion? or you go run or bike a hell bunch?

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PillClinton

You're going on an Iboga journey to kick those horrid meds, aren't you?

Or lap band?

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By korolev

Its good that you are losing weight, but the key is to lose it in a sustainable, safe way that will ensure permanent weight loss. Far too many people go on hard crash diets for a few weeks, which ensures that they lose weight rapidly - but they can't sustain that diet, because it's just too hard. Eventually, almost always, they will go back to their regular diet and the cycle will repeat itself - weight loss, weight gain, weight loss, weight gain.

I am not trying to discourage you - your decision to lose weight is the right one, and will reduce the risk of obesity-related complications affecting you. But I will not shirk words when I say that it is perhaps one of the most difficult things to do. It is doable, but the percentage of those who fail is far far far far far greater than those who succeed. Last I checked, only 1% (or even less according to some studies) who seek to lose weight through dieting succeed - the rest eventually fail at it. This is due to the fact that our body HATES dieting. We're living in the 21st century, but our genetics are right out of the stone age, where food was scarce. Genetically, we're programmed to LOVE food, to eat it as much as possible whenever possible, to always seek it out. In ye olde days, this was how you survived - you HAD to constantly seek food, and your body would want you to eat food and store fat because you could never be sure when you'd find more. To our body, losing weight on purpose is the equivalent of suicide - that's right, your body thinks you're trying to kill yourself when you go on a diet. And it will fight you, fight you HARD to retain weight.

Losing weight is one of the most difficult things to do. Period.

But it IS possible. It has been done.

But in order to be successful, you need a good diet, one you can stick to FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, and you have to stick to a good diet for the rest of your life, lest you want the weight to come back.

EDIT: Also, while some nutritionists know what they are talking about, the term "nutritionist" is not protected. That means ANYONE can call themselves a nutritionist. I could call myself a nutritionist. You could call yourself a nutritionist. That means that just because they say they are a nutritionist, it doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're talking about. Some nutritionists, I must say, are quite good at their work, but many are rubbish at it. If you need diet advice, your GP or a specialist Dietitian is a safer bet, because Dietitian is a protected term which requires a degree.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Raven10

@Korolev: As I've said to others, the weight loss is a side effect of a larger issue. I didn't go into this to lose weight. 2 months from now I plan to go back to eating as I did before. Thing is, I've been at a constant 350-360 pounds for 5 years at least. My normal diet is no more than 2000 calories and contains the right nutrients. The vast majority of my weight was gained over a small period of two years or so. I am not the healthiest eater but I am far from an unhealthy eater. Again there are underlying medical issues that caused the weight gain, and underlying medical issues that are causing the loss.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Raven10

@PillClinton: Don't know what Iboga is and I can't say yes or no to your guess but let's just say you seem to know what you are talking about.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By artelinarose

@JonathanAshleyMoore said:

@Artemesia said:

Unless you are Obese or worse, going down that much is going to hurt your body. The starvation mode is a myth so don't worry about that, but 400 calories a day isn't enough for a comatose patient. If you want to lose muscle, go for a Vegetarian diet or High-Carb. Although it will be much harder for you to cut out fat completely than carbs and you will be hunger more often, cutting out fat, which is usually in nature in the same place as Protein, will ensure you lose muscle mass.

EDIT: Unless you are insulin resistant or have metabolic syndrome etc, in which case high fat-low carb is the way to go, keep your insulin levels down as much as possible.

So drop protein and fat as much as possible? I'm really awful at this.

darkedhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darkedhunter

Weight gain can be a common side affect of many medications, anything from antidepressants and antipsychotics to physical sedatives. If you are combating mental illness, I wish you the best, friend. There is nothing worse than battling your own thoughts.

feliciano182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By feliciano182

@Marcsman said:

Smoking crack eh?

Oh lord, this was SO good !

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Raven10

@darkedhunter said:

Weight gain can be a common side affect of many medications, anything from antidepressants and antipsychotics to physical sedatives. If you are combating mental illness, I wish you the best, friend. There is nothing worse than battling your own thoughts.

Someone knows what they are talking about.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sanity

Tapeworms!

On a serious note, good for you losing weight, i cant quite imagine this issue myself as i'v been blessed with a high metabolism or something.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

I feel like this was useless. Why did I read your blog if you're going to be so vague about your successes? I have no idea what you did to lose this weight but reading you describe it in such mysterious and cryptic terms makes me think your doing some sort of horrible body mutilation.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Raven10

@LiquidPrince: As I've said to everyone else, the mods refuse to let me go into detail. If you read some of the comments directly above yours I think it should be pretty easy to figure out though. If it were up to me I'd explain it in much more detail.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PillClinton

@Artemesia said:

Sorry, not be patronizing or anything here, but you're going about this all wrong. Cut the carbs, specifically grains (that means bread and cereal) almost completely if you can tolerate it. Substitute that carb source with lots of green vegetables, some sweet potatoes, and some fruit. Cut the soda and highly refined and processed sugars completely. Don't be a fat-phobe! Fat is your friend; don't trust conventional 'wisdom' on this, I implore you. Eats lots of healthy protein and fat. Get yourself a jar of virgin coconut oil and cook your eggs in it for breakfast. Coconut is rich with 3g medium-chain saturated fatty acids, which can speed up the metabolism and actually promote fat loss, especially when accompanied by some exercise. That's another important thing; get some sort of physical activity at least 3 times a week. And for fuck's sake, you're 5' 11'', eat at least 1500 calories a day! Don't withhold nutrients and energy from your body and starve yourself to the point of your body eating its own muscle! Lean muscle is something you want. Don't try to lose it, but by all means, try to lose that excess body fat. Don't know how much of an impact this post will have, but if you follow it, you have my sincere word and guarantee as a random anonymous internet person that you'll lose weight in the form of excess body fat in a smart and healthy manner.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Spoonman671
@Baillie said:

Yes, we need to get a chain-mail thing going.
 Not this kind.
 Not this kind.
DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DriveupLife

Why did you make this topic OP when you can give us zero details of how and why you're losing weight? PS. You'll gain most or all of it back if you don't change your habits.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By oraknabo

You really shouldn't lose more than 2-3 pounds a week for any reason.

Despite being vegan for 20 years, I hit 200 lbs in July and decided to do something about it. I was already eating whole foods mostly, but was allowing oil and too much sugar in my diet. I cut those out and have lost 35 lbs in the last 5 months. I can point to some good resources for anyone who wants to do this the right way.

Stay away from quick weight loss. You don't ever have to starve yourself.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mighty

@Baillie said:

I'm with you. I have no clue what's happening here...

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By artelinarose

@PillClinton said:

@Artemesia said:

Sorry, not be patronizing or anything here, but you're going about this all wrong. Cut the carbs, specifically grains (that means bread and cereal) almost completely if you can tolerate it. Substitute that carb source with lots of green vegetables, some sweet potatoes, and some fruit. Cut the soda and highly refined and processed sugars completely. Don't be a fat-phobe! Fat is your friend; don't trust conventional 'wisdom' on this, I implore you. Eats lots of healthy protein and fat. Get yourself a jar of virgin coconut oil and cook your eggs in it for breakfast. Coconut is rich with 3g medium-chain saturated fatty acids, which can speed up the metabolism and actually promote fat loss, especially when accompanied by some exercise. That's another important thing; get some sort of physical activity at least 3 times a week. And for fuck's sake, you're 5' 11'', eat at least 1500 calories a day! Don't withhold nutrients and energy from your body and starve yourself to the point of your body eating its own muscle! Lean muscle is something you want. Don't try to lose it, but by all means, try to lose that excess body fat. Don't know how much of an impact this post will have, but if you follow it, you have my sincere word and guarantee as a random anonymous internet person that you'll lose weight in the form of excess body fat in a smart and healthy manner.

No, it's fine! If I don't know, I don't know, and I've admitted that I flat out know nothing about this and simply stated that my goal is to lose muscle mass and lots of fat. I know wanting to lose muscle is weird, but it's something I really, really want. I'm built too masculine. I've already completely dropped soda, I did that the first day. I've switched over to water and tea(the kind that comes in little baggies) completely, I completely dropped fast food, my breakfast has been three egg whites for the last two weeks and I've been working on eating more and more vegetables. I really don't like them, never have, but I'm working on it...

fallen_rock2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By fallen_rock2

Does anyone know of a scale other than the BMI for figuring out a healthy weight? The weights on the BMI seem really low (165lbs for 5'11"???).

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Raven10

@fallen_rock2 said:

Does anyone know of a scale other than the BMI for figuring out a healthy weight? The weights on the BMI seem really low (165lbs for 5'11"???).

That is the correct value. 165 pounds is the recommended weight for people around 6 feet.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jkz

@fallen_rock2 said:

Body-fat percentage is a useful one to take into account as well. By combining multiple measures you'll get a more accurate picture of your health.

Best of luck to you, OP. I do hope you're doing your best to be safe, but things can't always be perfect, and medications can certainly have side-effects, and making the best of them is the best you can do, if the medications themselves are necessary (I've battled with this in the past myself). Good luck sir, it's a tough road you seem to be on, but you also seem to have the determination to make it through, and I wish nothing but the best to come of this undertaking.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

A medical condition that can lead to rapid weight gain...not many of them exist and narrows it quite down a bit.

Let me get this straight, you're being treated right now?

The reason probably is abuse of said medication to lose weight fast...but ohhhh man, be careful!

Care to PM me maybe? I'm curious to see if I'm right.