Penguins, Incest, Fabulous MAX, and Philosophy 101

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Bocam

So today I'm going to talk about Mawaru Penguindrum, a currently running show about penguins being cute and brothers who want to have sex with their dead sister who was brought back to life by a magical hat.

Mawaru Penguindrum is Ikuhara Kunihiko's third directorial/writer job, with his other two being Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena. When this show first started airing 13 weeks ago, no one knew what it was going to be about and still no one really knows what this show is about but so far there have been four main threads that have connected the episodes.

1. The brothers, Kanba (Red Hair) and Shouma (Blue Hair) quest to obtain the Penguindrum (which seems to be a girl's diary) for their sister Himari.

2. Oginome Ringo's (the owner of said dairy) quest to become impregnated by Shouma's high school teacher so that she can become her dead sister, Momoka.

3. (゜Д゜)<生存戦略ーーーーーっ!!!> ROCK OVER JAPAN. Welcome to Rock’n Roll Night. Welcome to Rock’n Roll Fight. I’m just a Rock’n Roll MAN. We’re just a Rock’n Roll BAND.

4. Penguins being cute.

No Caption Provided
Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Bocam

So today I'm going to talk about Mawaru Penguindrum, a currently running show about penguins being cute and brothers who want to have sex with their dead sister who was brought back to life by a magical hat.

Mawaru Penguindrum is Ikuhara Kunihiko's third directorial/writer job, with his other two being Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena. When this show first started airing 13 weeks ago, no one knew what it was going to be about and still no one really knows what this show is about but so far there have been four main threads that have connected the episodes.

1. The brothers, Kanba (Red Hair) and Shouma (Blue Hair) quest to obtain the Penguindrum (which seems to be a girl's diary) for their sister Himari.

2. Oginome Ringo's (the owner of said dairy) quest to become impregnated by Shouma's high school teacher so that she can become her dead sister, Momoka.

3. (゜Д゜)<生存戦略ーーーーーっ!!!> ROCK OVER JAPAN. Welcome to Rock’n Roll Night. Welcome to Rock’n Roll Fight. I’m just a Rock’n Roll MAN. We’re just a Rock’n Roll BAND.

4. Penguins being cute.

No Caption Provided
MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MikeGosot

That's why i love Japan.

EDIT: Also, that's not weird when compared to Dead Leaves.

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@MikeGosot said:

That's why i love Japan.

Naw... Dead Leaves is a lot more sane than this is- and I've sat through Leaves about half a dozen times now (willingly).

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CaptainCody
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

@MikeGosot said:

That's why i love Japan.

Naw... Dead Leaves is a lot more sane than this is- and I've sat through Leaves about half a dozen times now (willingly).

But Dead Leaves is actually good.
Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@CaptainCody said:

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

@MikeGosot said:

That's why i love Japan.

But Dead Leaves is actually good.

Exactly

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bruce

@Bocam: