Platonic lap sitting.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MC_Izawa

Help me out here.  Okay, I hang out with a group of girls who've been friends since before grade school.  They often do sickening cutesy stuff like sit on each others laps or hold each other.  This, of course, has no kind of connotations and is more like family than anything else.
Problem is, they often try to include me in this stuff.  Couple of problems with this: I'm a dude, I'm old fashioned (meaning I'd be the old dude who says you're dancing too close together), and I'm not really into people other than family or girls I like touching me.  When they sit on my lap, I'm pretty sure they're just trying to include me in the fun.  Unfortunately, I see the activities in a different light.
I usually bail out when this kinda shit happens so that I can avoid a) an embarrassing situation or b) being that dick who doesn't want to have fun.
What's the right thing to do in this kinda situation?  When someone who you're 99% sure doesn't like you 'in that way' is doing something that you consider inappropriate for a friendship?

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

k...

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bruce
@MC_Izawa:

Try not to get a hard-on, (Hate to say it, but that's a realistic thing to try to not have happen) and don't read too much into it. Some girls go as far as to kiss their guy-friends, even when they're with someone. It's just mindless affection; there really isn't any point to it.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

I almost thought this was a serious thread, then I looked at your post history.

Take it somewhere else dude.